New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
Improvements I would like too see.
Improved Web browser (Flash/HTML5, zooming in/scrolling is buggy)
Ability too make folders for music/photos/videos on PS Vita.
Option to turn off music in the store
Avatars can be bough in PS Vita store
When you login on PS Vita, you should appear online to PS3 friends (right now you don't...I tried)
PS Vita trophies should appear on PS3 trophy list.
PS3 players should be able to see what game your playing on PS Vita
I agree that having to press start after selecting an app is very frustrating
Caemgen post was really good and I agree with all his points as well
Button/joystick control over the menus would be nice. It's not a problem to use touch screen, but when you're already using the button controls and you press Home, it's more intuitive to keep your hands on the buttons.
Easy access to switch 3G/wi-fi/bluetooth on and off would be nice.
I think some of the applications, like Settings, shouldn't have their own live area pages. When I click settings, I just want to go into settings. I don't want an intro screen from which to launch settings. Autolaunch option. That's what I need. Or is there already one there somewhere?
They should seriously add Spotify to the vita, that would be awesome.
So a day after release what would you like to see added improved to the OS?
I think it's pretty slick , does it job.
My suggestion for improving it would be to add the ability to turn Wifi and Bluetooth on/off in the quick settings menu.
i agree with the turn on/off options as i don't bluetooth much which being on is also drainging the battery life quicker.
plus hopefully will get the updated browser to do more...
The facebook app allows the rear touchpad to be used for scrolling, it was confusing at first cause i had no idea what was going on, but once i figured it out i use the rear touch all the time, i'd like to see this brought over to other areas like the browser and other social apps.
Browser loads pages nice and fast but has a horrible scrolling/zooming system where it seems to only load what's on the screen at the time into the ram, this is pretty stupid, older phones can support better browsers, flash and a lot of them now support html5...
photos live area should start gallery not camera when you click main icon, video should have a camcorder in bottom left same as photo has a camera...
maps should support street view
remote play sholud be an option over 3G
3 tracks and 5/6 cars is not a game, it's a glorified demo, Ridge Racer is way over priced for what it is and charging for expansions is insult to injury.
Holding back PSP titles to shift Vita versions is lame, I have modnation on PS3 and PSP, it's one of very few games i have that refuse to transfer to vita. if ever there was a title that should reward you with a vita version for owning the PS3 version modnation is it, even if it was 50% off for owning each of the other versions meaning if you had both you didn't have to buy the game again...
I'd like to see the option to sign into PSN/SEN and stay signed in - dont see why it's constantly signing in & out, persistent online should be a feature of a device like this.
Here's my current list:
Software / User Interface
Sony doesn't really have a great track record when it comes to software with the PS3. There still are a lot of issues, small things really, that haven't been fixed/changed or improved upon in the PS3's firmware.
Luckily, it seems that they have learned a lot these past few years, because the Vita's UI and its functionalities/features are much better!
Everything is as smooth as you would expect it to be. The touchscreen responds quickly, the design feels fresh but no too fresh (you can still see a lot of XMB-influences, especially in the settings menu and other list-style option menus). It doesn't take much getting used to, especially when you've been an Android or iOS smartphone-user for some time now.
And the features: Wow. Finally, some of the most requested PS3-features are available... on the Vita! ;-) Cross-game Voice Chat, Parties, Universal Game invites, etc. Of course, there are some new features as well, such as Near, which is fun and really adds to the Social experience that Sony is aiming for...
But it's there, where some of the flaws come to light:
• Push notifications do not work very well (yet), and it seems it will only keep you signed in into PSN when you're either in a game or in an active party. If you do something else, you will see the 'Signing in' pop-up when you try to go back to your Friends List.
What I expected it to do (especially with the 3G version, which I have), is keep you signed in all the time (using push notifications and a proxy, much like apps like eBuddy/WhatsApp etc) and constantly inform you of Near activity, notify you about invites/messages when the Vita is in standby.
What could be improved?
Just by using it for one day, I see tons of small things that could have been done better. But let's hope Sony recognizes these flaws and fixes them soon. Here's some examples of what I think should be changed ASAP:
• Enable an option to skip the 'splash' screen of apps, so you don't have to keep touching 'Start' after selecting Browser, Friends or whatever. It's ridiculous (I understand things like 'documentation' and such are on that screen, but they can also be accessed within the 'app' by pressing the PS-button afterwards). Forcing users to press a button twice to get to where they want will get them annoyed. And right now, the Vita's UI becomes cumbersome to use after some time.
• Use push-notifications and a proxy to keep users signed in into the PSN even while idle (and standby), or at least include it as an option so you can choose if you want this just on Wifi or both Wifi and 3G.
• When you get notifications, you can't touch the bubble. You have to press the PS-button and then touch the upper right corner, touch the notification again etc. Basically, this sucks. It should just go to the notification list when I touch the notification bubble, or at least open the list when I press the PS-button while the notification is still active.
• Add a 3G/Wifi switch to the quick settings screen (accessed by holding the PS button - the screen where you also adjust the brightness).
• Add / Enable PORTRAIT VIEW when I tilt my screen in the browser.
Finally, there's the IN YOUR FACE pop-ups that keep informing me about things I don't care about. They only make the UI feel slow. I'm talking about the 'Please wait...' and 'Signing into the PlayStation Network' or 'Sending message - 22% of 100%' pop-ups.
Come on! Just show me the cached version of the latest state that app was in and refresh/reconnect in the background. Same goes for Trophies, or Sending messages. When I send a message, just let me continue with what I was doing and send it in the background. Then, when it's sent, notify me with the more subtle notifications that are also being used for Trophies/Online Friends/Messages received and such.
Here's one more:
You know those friend streams, right?
The ones you can see if you slide down a game's 'Live Panel' (pre-boot splash screen) or in Near with the latest scores, trophies, achievements, etc of the people in your Friendlist...
Well, they should BUNDLE those updates into grouped status-updates.
Right now, it's like:
• Bob scored 1.600 points in Game X
• Bob scored 7.500 points in Game X
• Bob scored 1.570 points in Game X
• Bob won the 'Gold!' Trophy in in Game X
• Bob scored 7.800 points in Game X
• Jason scored 1.880 points in Game Z
• Bob scored 3.200 points in Game X
• Bob won the 'Happy to help' Trophy in in Game X
• Janice scored 9.700 points in Game Y
• Bob scored 6.500 poinra in Game X
It should be like this:
• Bob scored 7.800 points in Game X and beat your score of 6.500
• Jason scored 1.880 points in Game Z
• Bob won 2 Trophies in Game X [+ Tap to Expand]
- 'Happy to help' Trophy
- 'Gold!' Trophy
• Janice scored 9.700 points in Game Y
Don't get me wrong though. I do actually LIKE my PS Vita. ;-)
I just wanted to get this off my chest. I'm a graphic / interaction designer myself, so I notice these things quickly. And perhaps, if the right people read this, we'll see improvements soon. Or rather, these improvements. Because I'm sure there'll be a lot of improvements in the weeks and months to come.
I don't like how you need to press 'start' after you select an App, I'd remove that and just let the App open up automatically.
A lot of people have mentioned this one but deleting unwanted system Apps would be good.
It'd be good if there was an ability to either do a select all on messages (rather than having to select each individually) or delete all messages from a person
that awful browser
google maps is laggy too.
I would like the xmb from ps3 /psp, the interface is childish and embarressing. xmb is classy.
pmf (vital changes)
agreed so i don't use them
whut much prefer the vita's interface it symplicity at it's best, never liked the xmb but it does it's job.it's not childish imo and i am nearly 40
Below is a Signature
For me only thing i would say needs improvement is the thumb sticks too slippery need to be made like a dual shock thumb stick not the size but how they grip.
Website ©2018 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info