03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PSOne Classics...really?

[ Edited ]
23 Replies 509 Views edited 05-07-2012
Is anyone actually excited for ps 1 games for the vita? I'm 27 and grew up playing all the classics but compared to today's games..they look kinda naff lol. Metal gear solid was great back in the day but i can't bring myself to buy that now...I need NEW ps vita quality games..
That's surely what the vita is about..

Or is that just me?
0 Kudos
LABELS:
How do I add a picture here??
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Royston99

99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Royston99
Accepted Solution
i love playing some of the PS1 titles, i just played through all the Crash Bandicoots and Crash Team Racing, and would love to have them on my Vita.

I understand some people may not want them, but wheres the harm in having more choice?
0 Kudos

Re: PSOne Classics...really?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events
/16

mezzor

79%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mezzor
Accepted Solution
I still think Final Fantasy 7 & 8 are the best games ever to be made, hands down. There are loads of games I would still play when this feature finally arrives.
0 Kudos

/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

Resident Evil 1, 2 & 

Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9

Siphon Filter 1, 2 & 3

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, & 3

Jumping Flash!

I'm looking forward to playing all of them on my Vita

Photobucket
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

FooFan73 wrote:

Resident Evil 1, 2 & 

Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9

Siphon Filter 1, 2 & 3

Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, & 3

Jumping Flash!

I'm looking forward to playing all of them on my Vita

this nuff said

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

TINTINTB303

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TINTINTB303
Accepted Solution

RolledUp20s wrote:
Is anyone actually excited for ps 1 games for the vita? I'm 27 and grew up playing all the classics but compared to today's games..they look kinda naff lol. Metal gear solid was great back in the day but i can't bring myself to buy that now...I need NEW ps vita quality games..

Or is that just me?

You're not on your own there buddy :smileywink:

Personally I'm not that bothered about PS1 compatibility. It does seem to be a feature that loads of people want so if it helps Vita sales and gives Vita owners more reason to use the device then I suppose it's all good.

I have to add when I was younger my brother and I were constantly playing GT2 on the PS1 and the other day I got my old dusty PS1 out of the cupboard and stuck GT2 on to see how I felt about it. My conclusion I came to was not what I wanted. I just felt no passion towards it. Not like I used to anyway :smileysad:

I would much rather see loads of new games coming through but lots of people like playing old classics and retro games. It's a good feature to add to the Vita's arsenal but not one I can see myself using too much if I'm totally honest.

I have a few PS1 classics on my PS3 via the PS+ sub and I have played a few of them but found about 5 minutes was all I could take. I used to love Destruction Derby but when I played it on my PS3 I found it to be a very underwhelming experience compared to my brilliant memories of playing the game all those many moons ago. 

Real shame because I want to love them like I used to but I just can't :smileysad:

I'm sure loads of people still get that same rush they used to get when they first played them but unfortunately I am just not one of those people, however much I try.

0 Kudos

/16

Valenni

83%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Valenni
Accepted Solution

Ahh those memories of my Commodore C16 and how the cassette covers promised amazing graphics and adventures! Turns out the graphics were no more than differently coulured sprites making silly noises.

And you know what? It was amazing! But that was then. They can never compare to todays games.

One thing i can consider, is that older gamer will look better on a 5" screen compared to a 50" screen, so thats a benefit.

Bring me Tenchu 1 and 2 please Sony!!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Marcus8958

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Marcus8958
Accepted Solution

Can't complain that we get more games. There are some RPGs that I would love to play but I rather have PS Vita exclusives.

0 Kudos

/16

Spirit0fLight

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spirit0fLight
Accepted Solution
Would rather they work on NEW games and use the time there instead of wasting it on ports.
0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Spirit0fLight wrote:
Would rather they work on NEW games and use the time there instead of wasting it on ports.

New games are coming.

Sony have a seperate tech team working on ps1 emulator  so it is not effecting Vita games being made

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

Spirit0fLight

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Spirit0fLight
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Spirit0fLight wrote:

New games are coming.

Sony have a seperate tech team working on ps1 emulator  so it is not effecting Vita games being made

Or they can just stop with ports and make the Vita "team" more effective... & everybody who wants to play old games can go brush dust off an old PS1... (I think I have two in my loft). :Stupid:

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Spirit0fLight wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Spirit0fLight wrote:

New games are coming.

Or they can just stop with ports and make the Vita "team" more effective... & everybody who wants to play old games can go brush dust off an old PS1... (I think I have two in my loft). :Stupid:

You have a small team working on psone emulator how if you splt them up how is it going to make other developers more effective?

Most games are being developed by 2nd and 3rd partys which sony have little to no input in.

In house games have a full staff working on them so how would a small team make the different teams more effective?

The games are coming and they are coming quicker than any other platform in it first 18 months so I don't see you problem.

The Vita has more  games 4 months in than the Ps3 and 360 had togther 8 months.

Obviously you did not do your research and got burnt.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Below is a Signature

/16
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
handandnailcream
Accepted Solution
final fantasy 1-9 (excluding 3) all on one handheld!
0 Kudos

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

TINTINTB303 wrote:

RolledUp20s wrote:

Or is that just me?

You're not on your own there buddy :smileywink:

Personally I'm not that bothered about PS1 compatibility. It does seem to be a feature that loads of people want so if it helps Vita sales and gives Vita owners more reason to use the device then I suppose it's all good.

I have to add when I was younger my brother and I were constantly playing GT2 on the PS1 and the other day I got my old dusty PS1 out of the cupboard and stuck GT2 on to see how I felt about it. My conclusion I came to was not what I wanted. I just felt no passion towards it. Not like I used to anyway :smileysad:

I would much rather see loads of new games coming through but lots of people like playing old classics and retro games. It's a good feature to add to the Vita's arsenal but not one I can see myself using too much if I'm totally honest.

I have a few PS1 classics on my PS3 via the PS+ sub and I have played a few of them but found about 5 minutes was all I could take. I used to love Destruction Derby but when I played it on my PS3 I found it to be a very underwhelming experience compared to my brilliant memories of playing the game all those many moons ago. 

Real shame because I want to love them like I used to but I just can't :smileysad:

I'm sure loads of people still get that same rush they used to get when they first played them but unfortunately I am just not one of those people, however much I try.

You've used the right word... "passion" ... I'm an old Vic 20 and Commodore 64 gamer, so my gaming well and truly predates PS1 Classics, but the one's I've downloaded and played on either PS3 and PSP.... I just don't feel the passion to play them... I look at them two or three times and think "meh, well that was a nice walk down memory lane" and that's it.

Metal Gear Solid - started on PSP, got frustrated with controls. Did actually play and beat on PS3 as prep for the HD Collection coming up last year.

Silent Hil - Did play and finish on PSP

Wipeout - no, just no.... Why would any sane person play it with Wipeout HD, and now 2048 on their systems.

Syphon Filter - Only got as far as the park. Just too dated in the controls and movement.

Abe's Oddysee - rescued all 99 mudokens on the PS1, but my experience on the PS3 lasted half an hour and I just have bothered to be back.

Crash Bandicoot Warped - Dear god no... finished the first level and asked myself for the PS3 Ratchet games back

Final Fantasy VII and VIII - just couldn't get into them..

This even flows through with PSP games for me on the Vita... I downloaded Resistance Retribution and God of War: Ghost of Sparta, two games I still haven't finished... Vice City Stories, a game I have over 50 hours on and finished, on the Vita I've only played as far as Lance turning up... When I pick up my Vita its still Everybody's Golf I go back too, and now that I have the MGS HD games I don't expect to put in much PSP gaming any time soon...

0 Kudos

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
/16

enagee

69%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
enagee
Accepted Solution
Psp graphics isn't soo great on the vita , soo PSOne graphic won't be any better....PSOne compatibility is cool, Sony might think everyone will get excited by this... It's ok , but some of us want more from the vita.... I really want the vita to blow me away
0 Kudos

/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
frodouk
Accepted Solution

enagee wrote:
Psp graphics isn't soo great on the vita , soo PSOne graphic won't be any better....PSOne compatibility is cool, Sony might think everyone will get excited by this... It's ok , but some of us want more from the vita.... I really want the vita to blow me away

Then the wheel was invented.

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

enagee wrote:

You bought the wrong device for that.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
frodouk
Accepted Solution
The Vita has 'blown me away'.
0 Kudos

/16

TINTINTB303

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TINTINTB303
Accepted Solution

frodouk wrote:

Me too :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

/16

TINTINTB303

85%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TINTINTB303
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

enagee wrote:

What the hell is that?? 

Looks like a futuristic ray gun :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

frodouk wrote:
It has me I was just being sarcastic :)

TINTINTB303 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

enagee wrote:

What the hell is that?? 

Looks like a futuristic ray gun :smileyvery-happy:

Epic Leaf Blower :D

Below is a Signature

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel