34%
02 Rank
Progress

PSVita - You have been signed out of the Playstation Network. - Wipeout 2048

20 Replies 3,216 Views Created 28-02-2012
28 Feb 2012
By K3V_HO

Hello everyone, I have an issue regarding Online multiplayer in Wipeout 2048

I Get the message "You have been signed out of the Playstation Network. Access to online features and services has been disabled."
Everytime whenever  I try to play online campaign or cross-play.

I have the latest updates installed and the network pass installed.
I presume it was Wipeout's server issues or my router issue but My friend came over today to try his wipeout  out on my wifi, and his seems to work perfectly fine, it just dosent work for me for some reason

PSN, Broswer, Near, viewing in game leaderboards and friend activities etc works finee its just this dossent work.

I Hope someone can find a solution for me! 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
RotorHed
Accepted Solution

Go to settings->network->internet connection status on Vita and see what Nat Type it says you're using.

If it's 3 that's bad.

There was a post somewhere about specific Wipeout ports that were causing problems - not sure why your friends would work though in that case.

Rotor.

EDIT : Found it but it's about getting a specific error code - not yours. Here is the text anyway : 

"Hi All, if you are receiving C2-12828-1 connection errors with our game please ensure that for this range of ports (10060-10080) port forwarding is enabled for UDP and TCP inside your router. We've found some issues with some ISPs that require you to set this up."

from http://www.facebook.com/WipEout2048

0 Kudos

Re: PSVita - You have been signed out of the Playstation Network. - Wipeout 2048

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

K3V_HO

34%
02 Rank
Progress
K3V_HO
Accepted Solution
Yeah, I have read about that error code people are getting, but I've yet to see that error.
And my NAT is Type 2, I shall try and forward the ports tonight.
0 Kudos

Re: PSVita - You have been signed out of the Playstation Network. - Wipeout 2048

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MartinSpoon

80%
02 Rank
Progress
MartinSpoon
Accepted Solution

Hi,

Whilst the port enablement explanation MIGHT apply to some, it is not the ONLY problem with Wipeout 2048.  For a while, Wipeout was crashing on startup if you were connected to wifi - however, if you started the game with wifi off, and then later enabled it, you could access online services - which means it was a port issue, at least not to connect to PSN and play online (I supposed it's not impossible that there is some odd thing going on in the startup process).

There are still some odd behaviour's though - if you press the PS button or let your Vita go to sleep, I have problems getting back online when I go back into Wipeout.

According to their Facebook page, they're looking into it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MartinSpoon

80%
02 Rank
Progress
MartinSpoon
Accepted Solution
And by the way.. I work for BT Broadband, and I have a few more reasons to be doubtful about the port explanation.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

K3V_HO

34%
02 Rank
Progress
K3V_HO
Accepted Solution

I tried the port forwarding and it didnt solve it unsuprisingly.  
Yeh, Its just that in my case I think the issue is either with my Vita or my PSN, since my friends Wipeout works fine through my wifi connection with the exact same settings. Very wierd.

Perhaps a Vita firmware update is needed instead of a Wipeout Patch to solve these issues.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

t4rrorist

20%
02 Rank
Progress
t4rrorist
Accepted Solution

So I got this error too and found it was an issue relating to PSN Error NP-8038-9 (http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=3831)

If you use the "hard" reset method (hold Power Button for more than 20 Sec, and then hold Power button for 5 sec until the system restarts), Wipeout online should work again. Worked for me. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
frodouk
Accepted Solution

MartinSpoon wrote:
And by the way.. I work for BT Broadband, and I have a few more reasons to be doubtful about the port explanation.

What do you do for BT? Engineer? Help desk?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Kyosuko

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Kyosuko
Accepted Solution

I get the same error, it's not a portforwarding issue, Studio Liverpool insist it is though it's not. They have done some work on their servers insisting that they have fixed all server issues though this might be true no more "An error occured whilst contacting the server. Please try again" for some people. But this is a totally different error, this isn't you not being able to connect to Wipeouts servers, this is you being kicked from any Playstation Network connections present at that time. I'm investigating into the error and hope to present a solution soon.

Do you have BT Broadband or O2 Broadband? Also have you ever reset your Playstation Vita from the format menu in settings?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lord_Khan

26%
02 Rank
Progress
Lord_Khan
Accepted Solution

I've been having this very same issue, and I'm at a loss of how to fix it. I've called Sony who after 45min of troubleshooting said to just return the game. HORRID customer service. So I did find out about the SL Twitter feed, so I left my information with them, and also emailed the issue to @wipeout2048.com.

I got a response from that email that the person was out yesterday, so I'm waiting to hear from them. I have totally formattd my memory card, reset the Vita back to factory defaults, reinstalled the initial Wipeout install when you first insert the game card, redownloaded the Wipeout 2048 patch when you start the game, and redownloaded the Online Pass that came with the game.

Still isn't fixed. I also have exchanged the game for another copy at Gamestop (per Sony's advice) and still nothing. I have a 3G model but I didn't activate the 3G and disabled the 3G radio. I've tried this on two wifi services so its not network related. As a matter of fact the Vita works fine with all things by netork accept when I go to Wipeout 2048's multiplayer. It keeps kicking me back to the main screen saying "You've been signed out of the Playstation Network......".

This is VERY frustrating.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ridgey2001

31%
02 Rank
Progress
ridgey2001
Accepted Solution

Same issue as you Lord Khan, I have tried everything to get this working, but get the same response, I have sent a number of tweets and fb posts to no avail, but have sent two emails today to see if we can't get at least an acknowledgement of the issue.

At this stage though honestly, I will be requesting my money back, I didn't pay for half a game and a whole heap of frustration/router tweaks and being told its not us its you. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdgeyPoo

68%
02 Rank
Progress
EdgeyPoo
Accepted Solution

I have this problem as well. I've also tried tweeting the problem to every account, and I've even emailed them but I haven't gotten a single answer out of them.

As much as I like Studio Liverpool, this is seriously frustrating and I'm very *****.

I bought the game off PSN though, do you really think I could get a refund? 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FAT_SMELLY_ASS

21%
02 Rank
Progress
FAT_SMELLY_ASS
Accepted Solution
Please excuse my PSN ID, but I too have this problem and it's extremely annoying. No matter what I do it will not work.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

THE_FORCE

• Award Winner
98%
13 Rank
Progress
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

FAT_SMELLY_ASS wrote:
Please excuse my PSN ID,

:laugh:

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdgeyPoo

68%
02 Rank
Progress
EdgeyPoo
Accepted Solution

Oh my god guys, I think I found the answer!

Or at least I think I found it. I'll email Studio Liverpool soon and let them know. I hope it gets fixed soon. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

FAT_SMELLY_ASS wrote:
Please excuse my PSN ID, 

My missus doesn't say sorry so nor should you have to

0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdgeyPoo

68%
02 Rank
Progress
EdgeyPoo
Accepted Solution

Is anyone else around here having this problem as well? I need as many IDs as I can.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

villagehymn

25%
02 Rank
Progress
villagehymn
Accepted Solution

yup

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

EdgeyPoo

68%
02 Rank
Progress
EdgeyPoo
Accepted Solution

Hey guys, it should be fixed for everyone now. It seems like my email to Stuart Lovegrove worked, or maybe it's just pure coincidence ;)

The error was most likely caused by Studio Liverpool unknowingly leaving the Sony swear word filter on, some of you might be familiar with said filter if you use XMB or GT5 text chat or if you tried to play KZ3 beta and some others.

Notice how both my nick, villagehym and ridgey's contain the letters "gey" or "gehy", how Kitsuko has "suk" in it, and FAT_SMELLY_ASS... well, you know.

Every ID I found around that had this same problem had either gey, suk or ass (or even "a55") somewhere in the word, so I'm practically sure this was the actual reason. Seeing how they've gotten it fixed some hours after I noticed this pattern and emailed them...

Anyway, awesome news to us!! At least two others and me have it working now so I really hope it works for everyone else! 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

monkeyassault

29%
02 Rank
Progress
monkeyassault
Accepted Solution

That sounds like exactly what's happening with Gem Legends and we can see my psn ID. Now I just need to figure out who needs to be contacted to fix it.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MVP
/16

hgwells

• MVP
91%
09 Rank
Progress
hgwells
monkeyassault
Accepted Solution

Not to Studio Liverpool,  that's for sure. Sony shut them down a few years ago.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel