38%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PSone classics on Vita

27 Replies 6,314 Views Created 15-03-2012

Hi just posting to see if anyone know when the PSone classics will be available for purchase with the vita ? Although I am happy with the Vita i think is a great concosle I just realy want to be able to play th classics which is on of the reasons Ibought the console, I dont see why the old PSP can play the classics but the Vita can't, if sony or anyone else could tell me any information that would be great :). 

Also up for discussion , I have heard a rumour a remake of Final fantasy 10 is coming out !  that great news but I dont know why they keep remaking final fantasy games and bringing out sequals e.g ff13 - 2 when every final fantasy fan wants a remake of 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish square enix would stop wasting thier time on other games when they know everyone wants a final fantasy 7 remake. 

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

webbistard

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
webbistard
Accepted Solution

There's always the FFX vs FFVII discussion. FFVII usually wins, but on paper its FFX. People like me for instance, like the X game better.

As for PS One games, I also bought it for this reason. On the swedish & norwegian site it said it could be played. Got myself PSN+ and bought a few games and to my suprise it didnt work. So I mailed them and asked for my money back, but no repsonse. Its been almost 3 weeks and still no response. But they have, infact, removed the information from the site. Guess that's progress. ;)

It's said to be working "soon after release", but nobody knows the timewindow on this sadly. :(

0 Kudos

Re: PSone classics on Vita

Award Winner
/16

kiwiatlarge

• Award Winner
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kiwiatlarge
Accepted Solution

Bezla90 wrote:

Also up for discussion , I have heard a rumour a remake of Final fantasy 10 is coming out !  that great news but I dont know why they keep remaking final fantasy games and bringing out sequals e.g ff13 - 2 when every final fantasy fan wants a remake of 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish square enix would stop wasting thier time on other games when they know everyone wants a final fantasy 7 remake. 

It's quite simple, but people still don't get this one... most 'remakes' are HD remasters, and with the exception of a couple of games, such as the PSP versions of God of War and MGS Peace Walker, all remasters are PS2 games.

PS1 games such as Metal Gear Solid and FFVII won't get remade, because they are too big of a job... you have to rebuild the game entirely from scratch..The remasters are 'HD' (and I use that term loosely) ports of PS2 games with trophies added.... FFX will be exactly the same, although it sounds like they are at least doing some tweaks and cutscene rebuilding.

Besides, Kojima has confirmed MGS won't get remade again because it was designed during an era of gaming, using tools and limitations they had back then. The earlier remake of that game, Twin Snakes was largely panned, as was Tomb Raider Anniversary.. Wait for the FFVII fans to cry foul when Justin Bieber ends up being Cloud's voice actor..

0 Kudos

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
/16

kivi95

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kivi95
Accepted Solution
Well Sony have said they will have ps1 support soon after release and there is a firmware update in April. So it might be included in this update.
0 Kudos

/16

webbistard

96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
webbistard
Accepted Solution

Where did you get the information about a new firmware?

0 Kudos

/16

kivi95

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kivi95
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution

kivi95 wrote:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/03/15/new-ps-vita-firmware-in-april/
That's hardly confirmation. It's just speculation.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Swagganator1

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Swagganator1
Accepted Solution

Yeah, the Vita is already over a year old and I still can't play Crash, Spyro, and MGS. I don't see why they keep us waiting, and honestly, I'm tired of it. And it's not like the games we want are unheard of. They're Sony's best selling classics for God sake! And Europe already gets them! Why can't North America? 

0 Kudos

/16

Terramax01

56%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Terramax01
Accepted Solution
I can play Crash, Spyro, and MGS. I'm assuming you're American?
0 Kudos

/16

Carmanen

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Carmanen
Accepted Solution

Someone on the comments on that link said something about the ps1 support that maybe Sony is worried to bring this feature to Vita because it could make it easier for hackers to assault the new console so now i'm really worried if Sony decides not to bring this to Vita at all (althrough they promised it!). If Sony decides to do this to prevent hackers, i can understand that but at the same time, i would be extremely disappointed:/ Hope Sony will do this ps1 support.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Agamer2006

• Beta Tester
98%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Agamer2006
Accepted Solution
I doubt the guy in the comment has no idea what he is talking about. Ive never heard of PS1 downloads being used to hack the psp or any other console, saying that as I have no knowledge of it, someone here should be able to confirm it better than I can
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

AlexAtkinUK

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

If they were going to drop anything to prevent hacking, they would have dropped the PSP support seeing as its already been used to hack the Vita.

However I cannot see it happening as PSP sales must have gone through the roof since the Vita launched.  I know I am catching up on my PSP gaming and with them also putting selected PSP games on sale each week they must be making some nice money from them.

Besides, as long as the hackers are stuck inside the PSP emulator its no threat to the Vita itself.  The thing Sony are going to be worried about is if their PSP emulator is bug-free enough to KEEP the hackers inside as they obviously will be looking for back doors into the Vita from there.

One thing is for sure though, why would anyone bother hacking the PSone emulator if they already know the PSP emulator is hackable?  The only good reason I could see would be to run PSone games that aren't officially released, which would not be a very good reason for Sony to close off entirely the potential revenue stream of people buying PSone games off the store.

[ Edited ]
/16

Carmanen

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Carmanen
Accepted Solution

Ok, i have some news (nothing special) about psone classics support on Vita. I found a forum where some guy had emailed SCEA about the situation and SCEA replied like this:

Thanks for your loyalty to PlayStation and purchasing a PS Vita.  We are

very pleased that you are enjoying the device.  Sorry for the delay in

getting back to you, but I needed to do some research on your question.

At this time, we are not ready to announce a date for PS One/Classic

availability on PS Vita, but be assured that they are coming later this

year.  Unfortunately, I can not be more specific than that since there are

many tasks that need to be completed in order to successfully launch these

titles and ensure proper operation.

Please understand that providing this functionality, as well as providing

all types of content for our Vita consumers, remains a top priority.

Again, thanks for your loyal support of PlayStation and PS Vita.

Best Regards,

Glenn J. Nash

SVP, Operations

Sony Computer Entertainment America

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Carmanen

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Carmanen
Accepted Solution

So that's quite hard evidence that it's definitely coming but unfortunately "later this year" doesn't quite mean "soon" so i think it's coming maybe fall 2012 or even later and they said there's still much work to do to make it work properly. But at least i'm totally assured now that it's coming :)

0 Kudos

/16

Axoloth

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Axoloth
Accepted Solution
The newly released PSOne classics Buzz Lightyear of Star Command is available to be bought and, I assume, downloaded to PS Vita, though. So I guess the wait can't be THAT long.

EDIT
I had my Vita at hand so after posting I thought I'd double check to see if it was still there, and to my surprise it wasn't D:
Yesterday I found it on "All>>PSP>>Top Picks", but now I can't find it anywhere. I should've bought it when I had the chance to see if it really could've been downloaded.....
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

It has been announced just now,,but personaly I think it's a pile of garbage ,, Why release a New device and the majority of it's software is from twenty years ago ,, I want to move on not move back.

0 Kudos

/16

FooFan73

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

IrishViper1 wrote:

It has been announced just now,,but personaly I think it's a pile of garbage ,, Why release a New device and the majority of it's software is from twenty years ago ,, I want to move on not move back.

Because plenty of people like the idea of re-playing classic games, which they originally played on a TV in their lounge or bedroom, on a portable device

To add to that quite a few quality PS1 games have been given away for free to PS+ subscribers who also want that option to play on the bus, in a car, on holiday and so on

Especially when that OLED screen gives a new lease of life to older games, such as PSP titles

I do believe you're in the mninority. In my opinion the majority of Vita owners can't wait for PS1 support

Photobucket
/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

FooFan73 wrote:

IrishViper1 wrote:

Because plenty of people like the idea of re-playing classic games, which they originally played on a TV in their lounge or bedroom, on a portable device

To add to that quite a few quality PS1 games have been given away for free to PS+ subscribers who also want that option to play on the bus, in a car, on holiday and so on

Especially when that OLED screen gives a new lease of life to older games, such as PSP titles

I do believe you're in the mninority. In my opinion the majority of Vita owners can't wait for PS1 support

Same here.

Played Ps1 games on the PSP and can't wait till I can do it on the Vita.

Yes gaming is about moving forward but also do not forget how we got here today.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

futsio

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
futsio
Accepted Solution

Glad to hear that psone titles are going to be coming to vita.

fingers crossed for ps2?

I actually thought  the oddworld games were actually better on the psp,I loved the fact that I could play some of my all time favourite games on the bus, and I will probably play them again on the excellent vita screen at some point.

G-police (a quality oldie that I couldn't enjoy on the one sticked psp) will be given a new lease of life again with the 2 sticks on my vita.

Hopefully a release of the psone games that need the two sticks like ape escape, colony wars or RC stunt copter (I liked it....ok!) can be enjoyed again.

Vita games are class. No argument there, but for me, it's not always about trophies and graphics. Sometimes it's all about the nostalgia, the gameplay......and maybe a little fun?

At the end of the day, It's whatever floats your boat.

0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution

futsio wrote:

Glad to hear that psone titles are going to be coming to vita.

fingers crossed for ps2?

I actually thought  the oddworld games were actually better on the psp,I loved the fact that I could play some of my all time favourite games on the bus, and I will probably play them again on the excellent vita screen at some point.

G-police (a quality oldie that I couldn't enjoy on the one sticked psp) will be given a new lease of life again with the 2 sticks on my vita.

Hopefully a release of the psone games that need the two sticks like ape escape, colony wars or RC stunt copter (I liked it....ok!) can be enjoyed again.

Vita games are class. No argument there, but for me, it's not always about trophies and graphics. Sometimes it's all about the nostalgia, the gameplay......and maybe a little fun?

At the end of the day, It's whatever floats your boat.

Sony has already stated PS2 games won't be made compatible with the Vita.
0 Kudos

/16

futsio

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
futsio
Accepted Solution