80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution
Not supported yet accept for PS1 games and a few PSN ones.

Rotor.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: Ps3 games on psvita

/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution
Not supported yet accept for PS1 games and a few PSN ones.

Rotor.
0 Kudos

/16

robratevans

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
robratevans
Accepted Solution
Will it play any PS3 at the moment
0 Kudos

/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution
Pixeljunk ones are all I've tried.

Are you talking about BluRay games? If so, no - I don't think Sony have ever claimed it would.

Rotor.
0 Kudos

/16

robratevans

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
robratevans
Accepted Solution
So what to do you mean about cross play with PS3
0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution
Cross play and remote play are two different things. What you're asking in this thread is remote play. Cross play is playing multiplayer on the same game between the Vita and the PS3 like for example Wipeout and Motorstorm RC.
0 Kudos

/16

Nick930930

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nick930930
Accepted Solution

Who said Bluray PS3 games were never claimed to be supported? Cause this ad says otherwise...which was a lead factor in my decision to drop $300 on this thing. Sony better freakin support PS3 games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjryOlVXbDk

0 Kudos

/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution
That advert is absolutely right and it doesn't claim that you'll be able to play every PS3 game remotely. It's your understanding of the feature that is lacking.

The game they demo'd by the way is Ruin/Warrior's Lair try google and you'll find out all about how that works.

Rotor.
0 Kudos

/16

orificer

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
orificer
Accepted Solution

Looks like at the end it is showing Killzone 3 by remote play?

0 Kudos

/16

Nick930930

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nick930930
Accepted Solution
I NEVER said that every PS3 game was going to be supported. but saying that NO ps3 game is supported is not accurate. Also, when was Ruin/Warrier's Lair ever demoed? Killzone 3 was clearly demoed multiple times to demonstrate the remote play function of the vita along with LBP2.
0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution
I don't think anyone ever said no PS3 games are supported but at the present time only a few are mainly PSN games. The Killzone 3 was just a demo of what could be done and Sony never promised remote play with PS3 games as standard. Besides its up to individual developers whether they patch their games to support it or not. It's not up to Sony except for the games they publish themselves.
0 Kudos

/16

Nick930930

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nick930930
Accepted Solution

Well someone in another thread helped to prove my point and give actual evidence. Remote play was clearly featured and is one of their biggest selling points and Sony knows it. That's why the feature is locked currently. They're using it as a longterm bargaining chip. If Vita sales start to dip due to poor game sales (like their PSP compared to the DS) then they will unleash the big guns (Not official, just a thought).

But this is how I came to that conclusion, kudos to the guy that found this link.

http://blogs.bettor.com/PlayStation-Vita-News-Roundup-Part-3-Remote-Play-not-blocked-a131486

0 Kudos

/16

Nick930930

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nick930930
Accepted Solution

The fact that their system advertises on their main youtube channel the capability of streaming Killzone 3 demonstrates that it is certainly capable of performing remote play of bluray games. Whether or not they allow users to access this function is up to them... meaning they got us on a leash and tell us how far we're allowed to go unfortunetly...

0 Kudos

/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution

On that point - the video you are referring to has confused you (and probably others).

There is remote play, cross platform play and cross platform multiplayer.

1) Remote Play
In this case the PS3 is running the game and the Vita is acting only as a screen and controller. Imagine your Dualshock3 had a screen built in and you looked at that while playing KZ but the game is running on the PS3 under the TV. If you select save in this scenario, the save is physically located on the PS3, not the Vita for example.

That's remote play and it can be done via internet or local wifi.

2) Cross Platform gaming
That's what's in the video you refer to. In this case there are 2 separate games (although they come in the same box when you buy them) - 1 for PS3 and 1 for Vita. You can play the game on Vita and make a save. The save can be transferred to the PS3 where it is used to continue. You can save on PS3 and transfer that save to Vita and continue play with it.

In this scenario, no internet connection is required between PS3 and Vita - you are simply passing the save file back and forth. Warrior's Lair/Ruin is the most well known example of this and is the game in the video, but other games do it too.

3) Cross Platform Mulitplayer

This allows Vita vs PS3 multiplayer gaming - that's it.

The video you have shows 2 & 3, it never mentions 1 (Remote Play). Remote Play with KZ3 was demo'd but it was never a confirmed feature of the Vita although that news link I provided suggests Sony are looking to make it possible.

The things in that video you refer to are present and available for Vita right now (well except Warrior's Lair isn't out yet).

Rotor.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Nick930930

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nick930930
Accepted Solution

Ok you broke all that down correctly, but you say that the video that I showed does not feature remote play... WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?! Watch the ENTIRE video I am providing again 100%... keep watching it....keeeep going.. THERE... REMOTE PLAY in big letters with Killzone 3 being shown on the screen, PAUSED, then RESUMED, on the Playstation Vita using the Remote Play function.

"And with REMOTE PLAY, your Playstation Vita can tap into your playstation 3. So PLAYSTATION 3 GAMES AND CONTENT ARE EASILY ACCESSIBLE ON THE GO" - Advertisement featuring Crossplay AND Remote play

0 Kudos

/16

Nick930930

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nick930930
Accepted Solution

Also, the article provided in the other thread PROVES that this is definetly a function that is possible but not yet unlocked for the Vita. Developers are waiting for the oppurtune time to allow this feature to be working.

0 Kudos

/16

JoshuaTheGrim

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
JoshuaTheGrim
Accepted Solution

so what this seems to be implying is that the main reason i bought the psvita (to remote play my ps3 games) is unavailable. Maybe they should take that off the commericals then. otherwise i have 300$ paperweight

0 Kudos

/16

FBZ1501

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
FBZ1501
Accepted Solution
I will buy a Vita when remote play is official, as I have spent £100's on PSN games and I expect to be able to play and/ or transfer them to a Vita.

Until Sony sort it..... i will not be buying a Vita.
0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution

Nick930930 wrote:

Who said Bluray PS3 games were never claimed to be supported? Cause this ad says otherwise...which was a lead factor in my decision to drop $300 on this thing. Sony better freakin support PS3 games.

That's not remote play it's cross play. They are two very different things. This thread is about remote play which is playing PS3 games by streaming them to the Vita or PSP. Cross play is where people can play online multiplayer on the same game between the PS3 and the Vita. Cross play is a brand new feature introduced with the Vita. For example you can have Wipeout 2048 on your Vita and your friend can have Wipeout HD on the PS3 and you can play multiplayer against each other.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Nick930930

64%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nick930930
Accepted Solution

Watch the video again...carefully... before assuming I don't know what I'm talking about. The video talks about crossplay FIRST. Then it explains REMOTE PLAY. Playing Killzone 3.. pausing it...resuming Killzone 3 on the PS Vita. You know, like the tech demo that head of Sony showed....

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

McNeilio

• Beta Tester
95%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McNeilio
Accepted Solution
he never actaully said u can play ps3 games via rfemote play

all he said was u can tap into your ps3 via remote play ie access movies photos and music ..............and some games
0 Kudos

Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase
Bill Struth 1875-1956
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel