02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

Rayman

14 Replies 483 Views Created 26-02-2012
26 Feb 2012
By thims_87
I absolutely love this game!

Sad to think its sold so poorly, compared to the 2d mario games on the ds, it completely blows them out of the water!

This game alone justifies my vita purchase! Anyone who hasn't yet bought this for their new console needs to get it ASAP! Anyone else with me?
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution
I disagree that it blows the 2D Mario games out of the water. The Mario games have their own charm and they probably have had more influence on other games in the genres then anything else. Rayman is certainly a great maybe even a fantastic game but that doesn't take anything away from the Mario games which are probably the greatest 2D platform game franchise in the history of video games. The level and gameplay design of the Mario games cannot be beaten by anything. That said I like Rayman Origins so much that not only did I buy it on the PS3 but also on the Vita.

View solution in original post

Re: Rayman

[ Edited ]

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CAM11

92%
06 Rank
Progress
CAM11
Accepted Solution

I'm with you and I can't get over how good this looks, considering its on a handheld. 

I'm also got a thing for the music, the soundtrack is probably one of the best I've had the pleasure of playing to in long time. 

0 Kudos

pablologo

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

blu_mackenzie

79%
04 Rank
Progress
blu_mackenzie
Accepted Solution
It's an amazing game. Tied with Wipeout for my wanted game pre Vita but has won out now I've got I. Completed the game on Thursday after 2 days old on it. Just need two more teeth for the secret levels!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

TehPhilosopher

84%
02 Rank
Progress
TehPhilosopher
Accepted Solution

I really wanted to get it after seeing the reviews, but then I saw it's a Ubisoft game. I boycott anyting from Ubisoft due to their always-on DRM on single-player games - not applicable to Vita games, but I don't support a company with such draconian policies.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

trubadman

89%
04 Rank
Progress
trubadman
Accepted Solution

TehPhilosopher wrote:

I really wanted to get it after seeing the reviews, but then I saw it's a Ubisoft game. I boycott anyting from Ubisoft due to their always-on DRM on single-player games - not applicable to Vita games, but I don't support a company with such draconian policies.

What about boycotting Sony for their lockdown on the Vita, eg problems earning trophies if vita game is played on another console, or the fact that you can only have one account tied to the Vita at one moment in time.

Sometimes, we have to give in and do things that oppose our principles!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution
I disagree that it blows the 2D Mario games out of the water. The Mario games have their own charm and they probably have had more influence on other games in the genres then anything else. Rayman is certainly a great maybe even a fantastic game but that doesn't take anything away from the Mario games which are probably the greatest 2D platform game franchise in the history of video games. The level and gameplay design of the Mario games cannot be beaten by anything. That said I like Rayman Origins so much that not only did I buy it on the PS3 but also on the Vita.

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

thims_87

65%
02 Rank
Progress
thims_87
Accepted Solution
Yeah I agree earlier mario games have helped make the industry what it is today. I just feel the newer versions , particularly the wii version, aren't adding anything new to the genre but still sell in the millions. Both have their charms, I think rayman deserves far more success than it has achieved!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MasonMarxx

77%
04 Rank
Progress
MasonMarxx
Accepted Solution
last Mario game i owned was on the N64 >.< never really got on with either Rayman or Mario. however, this Rayman game does look appealing.
0 Kudos

Now Playing: Wipeout 2048 - MGS HD Collection - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aaronsimo

90%
04 Rank
Progress
aaronsimo
Accepted Solution
having Rayman as my first game on the vita takes me back to when i first had my ps1 and opening Rayman for that <3
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

simacca

68%
04 Rank
Progress
simacca
Accepted Solution
Cannot believe how much I am enjoying Rayman on the Vita. Love platformers, but they were getting a bit stale until I started playing this :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

linkj1993

78%
04 Rank
Progress
linkj1993
Accepted Solution

just got the platinum for rayman, was really fun to play

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

aaronsimo

90%
04 Rank
Progress
aaronsimo
Accepted Solution

linkj1993 wrote:

do you have to play through with each character i take it? im a n00b when it comes to Rayman these days :lol:
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

linkj1993

78%
04 Rank
Progress
linkj1993
Accepted Solution

aaronsimo wrote:

linkj1993 wrote:

do you have to play through with each character i take it? im a n00b when it comes to Rayman these days :lol:

nope just free all caged electoons, do all time trials, all gold medals, all artifact things and a some other random tasks, farely easy really :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

I didn't pick it up but I have played the demo and as a result of the length of the demo which was a really good bit of gameplay I have decided to pick it up.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Rivers-of-Sand

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Rivers-of-Sand
Accepted Solution
Quite possibly my favourite platformer ever. So much charm, the level designs are consistently good and varied and the visuals are beautiful.

I'm struggling to find any of the relics though, what am I looking for? Do they make a sound when you're near?
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel