Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 250

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
12 Jun 2012
By Terramax01

Terramax01

  • Offline
56%
05 Rank
Progress

So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

[ Edited ]
21 Replies 2,605 Views edited 12-06-2012
12 Jun 2012
By Terramax01

I understand the price may vary, but on average, are we looking at at the £5-10 range, or higher do you think?

Reply
0 Kudos
Reply
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Btommo

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Btommo
Accepted Solution
That is the range they are at on the ps3 I think so it's safe to assume they will be the same.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

antboy71

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
antboy71
Accepted Solution

why would i have to pay more than three quid for these games?i bought them back in the day for full price. But thats like more than 10 years ago,keep it real.I bought a few ps1 titles with my psp,and they didnt realy deliver.But each to there own.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
09
/16

Cringles88

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

There really should be a set price PS1 games. No more than £5 at least. I already have the first 3 Resident Evil games & Silent Hill on the PS3. I hope it's as simple as just transferring them. I'd hate if there was another version of the games uploaded to the store that work on the Vita.

 

Looking forward to FFXII, but I'm guessing that's going to be between £7-£10....Sony have to make money of something, as there not making much from the Vita or it's games.

 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

£3.99 to £7.99

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

FooFan73

  • Offline
90%
03 Rank
Progress
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

So is it now confirmed that we'll have to buy PS1 titles again?

 

I already have Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 and Resident Evil 1, 2, & 3 as digital downloads on my account from the PlayStation store for use on the PS3 and PSP

 

Will I be able to play these versions when Sony add PS1 support via a firmware update or are they really expecting me to re-buy these titles so I can play them on my Vita?

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Btommo

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Btommo
Accepted Solution
as long as you've purchased them it should be fine to downloaf straight to the vita without any extra cost.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

BlackKnightUK

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution
I'm not sure what the point of this thread is as PS1 games are already available on the PS1. We already know the cost. If you've already purchased games then they will work on the Vita as long as you're using the same PSN account.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Btommo

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Btommo
Accepted Solution
Someone was just unsure if there is a change when the ps vita has psone classics, plus OP might not have a PS3, forums are there to get helpful answers to questions that are asked.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

FooFan73

  • Offline
90%
03 Rank
Progress
FooFan73
Accepted Solution
As I said there's a rumor that to combat potential piracy ps1 games on vita will be self contained new conversions and won't be the same format as the existing ps1 classics are

Hence why I asked if we will be expected to pay for them again
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Btommo

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Btommo
Accepted Solution
As far as I'm aware you can transfer/download you're entire digital ps one library direct to your vita, via ps3 or the vita itself, some places are saying the whole of the psone library will be available and working, others say they will be added over time.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Sony has not said either way.

 

 

People had to pay for them again originaly for the Experia play not sure if it still like that.

 

 

I hope you don't have to pay for them again as yes they have to change the format of the PS1 titles yet again

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

BlackKnightUK

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

FooFan73 wrote:
As I said there's a rumor that to combat potential piracy ps1 games on vita will be self contained new conversions and won't be the same format as the existing ps1 classics are

Hence why I asked if we will be expected to pay for them again
If that was the case then they would have done the same with PSP games and Minis.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

Btommo

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Btommo
Accepted Solution

Taken from IGN:
"The best news of all, however, is that if you already own a PSone Classic, whether on PS3 or PSP or both, you won’t have to purchase the game again. All you’ll have to do is connect your Vita to your PS3 or directly to the PlayStation Network and transfer the game(s) desired from your purchased items list. And if you don’t own a PSone Classic and want to play it on Vita, there will be no restrictions. Every game currently available in the PSone Classics catalog will be available for play on Vita with no exceptions."
as they got to spend time on the show floor and they probably had a conversation with sony representatives about it.

taken from joystiq:
"PSOne Classics will soon be compatible with PlayStation Vita, finally. However, the launch won't just be flipping a switch on all the PSOne Classics available on PSP and PS3. Instead, Vita PSOne Classics will be rolled out gradually starting this summer, Sony informed Joystiq today.
If you've previously bought any newly Vita-compatible PSOne Classic, you'll be able to download it for free on Vita. The exact launch lineup wasn't announced, but expect it to include the games shown at Sony's press conference: Wild Arms, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy 7, Twisted Metal 2, Arc the Lad, Cool Boarders 2, and Jet Moto."

It seems most sits are saying that they will be free to download if you've already purchased, I'm unsure whether the whole library is available straight away, or just rolled out over time.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

Terramax01

  • Offline
56%
05 Rank
Progress
Terramax01
Accepted Solution

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is as PS1 games are already available on the PS1. We already know the cost. If you've already purchased games then they will work on the Vita as long as you're using the same PSN account.

 

I don't own a PS3. I want to play PS1 games on the go.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

BlackKnightUK

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

Terramax01 wrote:

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is as PS1 games are already available on the PS1. We already know the cost. If you've already purchased games then they will work on the Vita as long as you're using the same PSN account.

 

I don't own a PS3. I want to play PS1 games on the go.


You're missing my point. I was never disputing the fact the Vita shouldn't be able to play PS1 games. If Sony updates the firmware to allow that them fine. That said in my opnion it shouldn't be a high priority for Sony to work on that as there are other things that should take priority. In any case the point I was making is that the cost is already known and it stands to reason the games people currently own will work just like the PSP and Minis that are compatible.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

Terramax01

  • Offline
56%
05 Rank
Progress
Terramax01
Accepted Solution

On the contrary, may have missed the point of my OP. You asked what the point of this thread is? It's written in the title.

I was not debating priority, whether they should be playable on the Vita or not, or whether people whom paid for them on the PSP/PS3 will have to pay again. I was asking for a figure, not opinions. Therefore, there's nothing to dispute.

If you wish to lead on to these topics, that's fine, but that's not what I began the thread for.

I would, however, like to thank everyone else who has contributed useful answers for my question. Thanks guys.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

BlackKnightUK

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

Terramax01 wrote:

On the contrary, may have missed the point of my OP. You asked what the point of this thread is? It's written in the title.

I was not debating priority, whether they should be playable on the Vita or not, or whether people whom paid for them on the PSP/PS3 will have to pay again. I was asking for a figure, not opinions. Therefore, there's nothing to dispute.

If you wish to lead on to these topics, that's fine, but that's not what I began the thread for.

I would, however, like to thank everyone else who has contributed useful answers for my question. Thanks guys.


I haven't missed your point. It's more like you've missed mine. The cost of PS1 games is already known. You didn't mention that you didn't have a PS3 in your original post or a PSP. Anyone with a PS3 or PSP would know the cost of PS1 games as they're already some available on the PSN.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
03
/16

FooFan73

  • Offline
90%
03 Rank
Progress
FooFan73
Accepted Solution

BlackKnightUK wrote:

FooFan73 wrote:
As I said there's a rumour that to combat potential piracy ps1 games on vita will be self contained new conversions and won't be the same format as the existing ps1 classics are

Hence why I asked if we will be expected to pay for them again
If that was the case then they would have done the same with PSP games and Minis.


 I don't agree.

 

We all know Sony can be a little slow on the uptake when it comes to piracy. The PS1 and the PSP were both incredibly easy to by-pass security measures on, whether it be via mod chip, disc swap or custom firmware.

 

So it really wouldn't have surprise me if they did decide to make Vita compatible PS1 titles in a new, more secure format and charge us again

 

The rumour came about because Sony only showed a few PS1 titles in their keynote speech at E3. Why only show a few? Does that mean they're going to drip feed us PS1 titles on Vita which could mean a new format for their distribution. 

 

Surely if it was simply a matter of adding full PS1 support via a firmware update they'd have shown lots of titles at E3 when they said PS1 support was coming 'This Summer'

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

[ Edited ]
Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
02
/16

wickermonkey

  • Offline
36%
02 Rank
Progress
wickermonkey
Accepted Solution
I know that i wont be buying any of them again and wont be buying any more if thats the case. With the psp you could transfere the game save and pick up where you left off. I dont want to have to start all over again and i certainly dont want to have to pay twice for the same game. I know you can argue about that they are different systems and if they were hard copies then you would have to, but isnt that the idea of digital copies? sony has built in the ability so why cant the consumer take advantage of the function
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
05
/16

BlackKnightUK

  • Offline
94%
05 Rank
Progress
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

FooFan73 wrote:

BlackKnightUK wrote:

FooFan73 wrote:
As I said there's a rumour that to combat potential piracy ps1 games on vita will be self contained new conversions and won't be the same format as the existing ps1 classics are

Hence why I asked if we will be expected to pay for them again
If that was the case then they would have done the same with PSP games and Minis.


 I don't agree.

 

We all know Sony can be a little slow on the uptake when it comes to piracy. The PS1 and the PSP were both incredibly easy to by-pass security measures on, whether it be via mod chip, disc swap or custom firmware.

 

So it really wouldn't have surprise me if they did decide to make Vita compatible PS1 titles in a new, more secure format and charge us again

 

The rumour came about because Sony only showed a few PS1 titles in their keynote speech at E3. Why only show a few? Does that mean they're going to drip feed us PS1 titles on Vita which could mean a new format for their distribution. 

 

Surely if it was simply a matter of adding full PS1 support via a firmware update they'd have shown lots of titles at E3 when they said PS1 support was coming 'This Summer'


I disagree. Like I already said PSP games and Minis already work without having to be bought again. Also the same applies to those where some but not all work. I suspect it will be the same for PS1 games. The only reason they didn't announce any specific games because there was no point doing so until the firmware update that allows them to be played directly on the Vita. Considering that most if not all of them already work through remote play suggests there is no reason for them to charge for them again if you already own them.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: So, Uh, How Much Will PS1 Games Cost on PSN?

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel