Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 97

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

16 Jul 2012
By Jedah001

Jedah001

  • Offline
29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

The future of PS Vita?!

13 Replies 2,324 Views Created 16-07-2012

Next month im buying PS VIta. Ita an awesome piece of harware but the software support so far looks kinda weak. Im afraid if i purchase i might end with a dead system without support.

What do you think...When can we see some improvment over software releases.
If Sony showed up few new games on E3 2012 and if they talked few words about the system i woudnt have been this much sceptical. But the gave me impresion like they dont care of their own products...How bad is that for them!!!

I love Sony and im buying Vita for sure but the ammount of attention they're giving ia not tolerable

Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
05
/16

Royston99

  • Offline
99%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Royston99
Accepted Solution
If your worried about owning a dead system, dont get it. Wait until titles are out that you want, knowing that the system is supported, at which point it will be cheaper.

The Vita has had the strongest lineup at launch of any console to date, with more games coming in the near future (LittleBigPlanet, Assassins Creed 3 Liberation, Call of Duty Black Ops, PlayStation All-Star Battle Royale just to name a few). The systems not being left out to dry by Sony, it just takes time to get releases out there, and companies to back the system.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coventry City FC Fan, BSc Hons in Computer Science.
PS1 original, PS2 original & slim, PS3 original & slim, PSP original, PSVita Day 1, PS4 Day 1 Player Edition bundle #4ThePlayers
YouTube Channel - Gaming | Sporting Events | Music Events
Beta Tester
05
/16

pressmyfoot

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pressmyfoot
Accepted Solution
I think it is a great bit of kit with some excellent, reasonably priced software.


But if you are worried, wait.



pmf (disgaea has me)
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

 photo pmfbik-2.png
05
/16

Guy3847

  • Offline
69%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guy3847
Accepted Solution

next month is august, LITTLEBIGPLANET VITA has a release date of (at the moment) JULY to SEPTEMBER, ASSASINS CREED III LIBERATION is out OCTOBER, BLACK OPS for VITA is out at the end of the year, so getting it in august would move you close to the release of some great games that will hopefully push the psvita forwards

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

08
/16

frodouk

  • Offline
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
frodouk
Accepted Solution
Yet more posts claiming the Vita has no software support. Are people doing this on purpose now?
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!


02
/16

Jedah001

  • Offline
29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jedah001
Accepted Solution

Its not the games to be honest but instead lack of attention that is given.
Even Sony showed some indifference. There is no hype. No one is talking. There are no reviews. You're opening Gaming site there are no news No previews.
The system like Does NOT Exist!!!
If there are news like
- Yeah we are porting PS2 remasters on PS Vita in 2013
- Yeah Final Fantasy Type-0 is coming on Vita in 2013
- Yeah we are making a brand new IP for this console instead of porting spin offs and re-relases in 2013

then i'll be much interested into this device...
I bet Sony havent made a single deal with third party publishers before 2011. Companies should have worked on Vita titles long time ago...

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

[ Edited ]
08
/16

frodouk

  • Offline
94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
frodouk
Accepted Solution
Then you are looking at the wrong sites.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!


02
/16

Btommo

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Btommo
Accepted Solution
I have to admit sony didnt show much at e3 vita related but they put it down due to cutting the time of the presentation and said there were many vita games on the show floor such as little big planet, soul sacrifice, sound shapes etc. PsOne classics will be availible soon on the vita and many new games are probably in development.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

Beta Tester
05
/16

pressmyfoot

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
91%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pressmyfoot
Accepted Solution
Honestly. Don't get one.


Last thing this forum needs is bleating and supposition about what sony is/ should be doing and how you can do it better.

Buy a DS or read a book.



pmf ( gets back in his box)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

 photo pmfbik-2.png
10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Guy3847 wrote:

next month is august, LITTLEBIGPLANET VITA has a release date of (at the moment) JULY to SEPTEMBER, ASSASINS CREED III LIBERATION is out OCTOBER, BLACK OPS for VITA is out at the end of the year, so getting it in august would move you close to the release of some great games that will hopefully push the psvita forwards


Are you sure black ops is scheduled for October?

 

Not that I am bothered as it's the same old COD trash

 

Assassins Creed no thanks

 

LBP yes please

 

 


Jedah001 wrote:

Its not the games to be honest but instead lack of attention that is given.
Even Sony showed some indifference. There is no hype. No one is talking. There are no reviews. You're opening Gaming site there are no news No previews.
The system like Does NOT Exist!!!
If there are news like
- Yeah we are porting PS2 remasters on PS Vita in 2013
- Yeah Final Fantasy Type-0 is coming on Vita in 2013
- Yeah we are making a brand new IP for this console instead of porting spin offs and re-relases in 2013

then i'll be much interested into this device...
I bet Sony havent made a single deal with third party publishers before 2011. Companies should have worked on Vita titles long time ago...


You looking in the right place?

 

Google and even BING  gave me all the none biased  info I needed in minutes

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
05
/16

Guy3847

  • Offline
69%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Guy3847
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Guy3847 wrote:

next month is august, LITTLEBIGPLANET VITA has a release date of (at the moment) JULY to SEPTEMBER, ASSASINS CREED III LIBERATION is out OCTOBER, BLACK OPS for VITA is out at the end of the year, so getting it in august would move you close to the release of some great games that will hopefully push the psvita forwards


Are you sure black ops is scheduled for October?

 

Not that I am bothered as it's the same old COD trash

 

Assassins Creed no thanks

 

LBP yes please

 

 


Jedah001 wrote:

Its not the games to be honest but instead lack of attention that is given.
Even Sony showed some indifference. There is no hype. No one is talking. There are no reviews. You're opening Gaming site there are no news No previews.
The system like Does NOT Exist!!!
If there are news like
- Yeah we are porting PS2 remasters on PS Vita in 2013
- Yeah Final Fantasy Type-0 is coming on Vita in 2013
- Yeah we are making a brand new IP for this console instead of porting spin offs and re-relases in 2013

then i'll be much interested into this device...
I bet Sony havent made a single deal with third party publishers before 2011. Companies should have worked on Vita titles long time ago...


You looking in the right place?

 

Google and even BING  gave me all the none biased  info I needed in minutes


i didnt say black ops was out october :(, assasins creed is october and black ops at the end of the year :D

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Guy3847 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Guy3847 wrote:

next month is august, LITTLEBIGPLANET VITA has a release date of (at the moment) JULY to SEPTEMBER, ASSASINS CREED III LIBERATION is out OCTOBER, BLACK OPS for VITA is out at the end of the year, so getting it in august would move you close to the release of some great games that will hopefully push the psvita forwards


Are you sure black ops is scheduled for October?

 

Not that I am bothered as it's the same old COD trash

 

Assassins Creed no thanks

 

LBP yes please

 

 


snip

snip

i didnt say black ops was out october :(, assasins creed is october and black ops at the end of the year :D



miss read your post, sometimes the format of the forum makes it hard to read when it comes out like a wall of text.

 

 

still the same old crap thought lol

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
03
/16

Puth_Punjab_Da

  • Offline
68%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Puth_Punjab_Da
Accepted Solution

I got the Wifi Vita last week, its amazing handheld console.

 

I got Fifa, Rayman & wipeout 2048 aswell as various accessories.

 

Looking forward to future games such as little big planet, cod and assassins creed.

 

Get it asap : )

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

04
/16

KIERONOO

  • Offline
94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KIERONOO
Accepted Solution
I've just bought a vita to arrive tomorrow. I always look to the future and there are lots of good games to be released aswell as some now I.e uncharted and gravity rush
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: The future of PS Vita?!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel