By RotorHed

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Warrior's Lair (Ruin) CANCELLED !!!! (no it's not)

20 Replies 4,433 Views Created 20-03-2012

So, no doubt this rumour will find its way around the internet and land here later.

Some guy claiming to be a concept artist on Warrior's Lair made a post in aother forum that the game was cancelled.

Quick as a shot a "games journalism" (or blog as it should more accurately be called) site picked up the news and posted it so the gullible would be enticed into clicking.

Turns out the original poster is.... well an idiot I suppose.... Here's what he posted later :

Yah, again. Sorry guys, the post I made earlier about Warrior's lair was based on a vague post that one of my Idol Minds friends made on facebook. I extrapolated waaaay too much based on it and now feel stupid. I honestly don't know anything about the fate of the game. 

The lesson: Don't get drunk and post s*** you only guessed at on the interwebs.

Flame away.

So uh, well hopefully this post kills that rumour. Of course, it may just be they've cancelled Warrior's Lair and they're going to release GTA Vice City Nights instead heh.

Rotor.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

AlexAtkinUK

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

The Internet has been bad for people starting unfounded rumours and they all the gaming sites picking them up in a millisecond.  But to me it seems to be getting worse.

The Vice City Nights rumour literally took only a few minutes to get posted to every gaming site I could find, when it was only based on a fake screengrab posted on a single site.  Its just pathetic.

0 Kudos

Re: Warrior's Lair (Ruin) CANCELLED !!!! (no it's not)

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution
You scared me there for a second. LOL. Warrior's Lair is one of my two most anticipated games on the Vita.
0 Kudos

/16

PapaWhiskey

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PapaWhiskey
Accepted Solution

well it might not be cancelled but its not being finished by Idol Minds...Idol laid off more than half of it's staff last Friday....rumor says Sony might bring WL internal, or they might shop it to someone to pay off the hefty sum they gave Idol for not delivering.

0 Kudos

/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution
The post I put in my first entry was from a disgruntled former Idol Minds employee who initially claimed it was cancelled but latered retracted...

Rotor.
0 Kudos

/16

PapaWhiskey

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PapaWhiskey
Accepted Solution

they laid off more than 50% of staff last friday...not a rumor...i can put you in contact with any number of the ones that were laid off.

0 Kudos

/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution
Well I didn't see that news go past but of course that doesn't mean it didn't happen - thought that would be something the gaming press cared about....

I don't really see why that is relevant though - BigBig were closed before Little Deviants was released and there are other examples of games releasing as the developer folds.

What is it you want to say? - are you claiming WL is cancelled? If so, then post the evidence, otherwise why the veiled comments?

Rotor.
0 Kudos

/16

CrustyJockStrap

91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

The only way games from folded developers will see the light of day is if some one buys the rights cheap and hopes to make a proffit from selling it.

TBH never heard of the game in question.

0 Kudos

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

TBH never heard of the game in question.

Warrior's Lair : http://www.giantbomb.com/warriors-lair/61-35560/

TBH I'm not all that interested in the game subject matter, but the concept may be interesting.

Rotor.

0 Kudos

/16

PapaWhiskey

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PapaWhiskey
Accepted Solution

Other than posting here once Sony announces it officially, how else can I convince you?

Idol laid off >50% of its staff...Sony has the choice to bring it internal apparently and Idol has the choice to find someone with 2 million to buy it off Sony. Sony owns the IP, Idol owns the tech, but has to give it to Sony if Sony wants to finish it.

As of today the title is dead. Period. I'm not hiding anything, I'm just telling you what the laid off and still emplyed are telling me.

The title was originally a launch title, but went long, and was going longer...Sony said "enough" is what I gather...whether Sony imposed schedules that couldnt be met or Idol just dropped the ball...doesnt matter...the title is in limbo at a minimum.

If you think i'm hiding something or giving veiled messages...ask me outright what you want to know

edit to say "all work on it has stopped"...thats pretty close to cancelled

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

PapaWhiskey

27%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
PapaWhiskey
Accepted Solution

and...i wont insult your intelligence...you too can google "warriors lair cancelled" and/or "idol minds layoffs" and find all the evidence you need. Maybe the gaming press didnt pick it up because Idol has become an "afterthought" and not worthy of gaming press? Who knows and who cares...you're defending it as hard as i'm saying it happened...where is your evidence that it isnt cancelled and that Idol didnt layoff >50% of its staff and the game is in limbo?

0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution
I'm not going to get into the discussion as to the status of the game's development. It's one of my most anticipated games on the Vita and one I'm really looking forward to. I do hope that if it's in trouble Sony do what they have to do to finish it and release it or another developer/publisher takes it over.
0 Kudos

/16

ReubenPatrick

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ReubenPatrick
Accepted Solution

Hopefully. I was chastising my loot whoring addiction (Forgive me for my lack of a better term) just for this game... Yes I'm not proud of this addiction but it's true. Let's just hope and pray that the game would get to see the light of day.

0 Kudos

/16

supersmith2500

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
supersmith2500
Accepted Solution

Yeah, and Ruin was revealed and shown at E3 2011 and the devs showcased the cross-save function. Seriously, I wish Idol Minds would quit being slackers and focus on their games. Besides, they got this and Ratchet Gladiator HD to make.

0 Kudos

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
/16

KetsuKensakan

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KetsuKensakan
Accepted Solution

If this game is cancelled, and I ever meet anyone that works for Sony's gaming division, I will punch them, regardless of their connection to the game I practically bought the Vita for (when it was on super sale on Cyber Monday).

This is bs Sony. I remember a game called Untold Legends (1 & 2) for the PSP in the early days. It was a fine game and totally sustained my PSP until I got the Monster Hunter disease. So here's where we are now:

Soul Sacrifice is on the precipice of release, and looks promising, so it's potentially a substitute for MH. But as a substitute for Untold Legends, we have Dungeon Hunters Alliance? That's pathetic. Vita's line-up has 100 games wherein the female characters' *****-physics is finely developed to a point ludicrosity, and just a handful of legitimate games with balanced gameplay, plot, and design. Great job!

0 Kudos

/16

KetsuKensakan

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KetsuKensakan
Accepted Solution

*tig-ol'-bitties-physics

0 Kudos

/16

supersmith2500

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
supersmith2500
Accepted Solution

Not just Idol Minds, San Deigo Studio are making this too. God I can't stand that studio. Now don't get me wrong they are a good studio but there are some things which do annoy me about SDS:

1. Modnation Racers suffered a launch with slow loading times and multiplayer was region locked until a patch got rid of it. Also, the censorship for names is just WAY too heavy for me thus have no choice to make a mod with an edited name or rename him/her instead. Also, I wonder if the servers are ok now. It's a shame because it looked like a great game but it's filled with annoying gimmicks such as driving the wrong way also resets you the right way thus forcing you to drive around the track just to try trophies again which I hate the most. Also, Roadtrip on Vita has no online play which sucks.

2. Used to love PAIN, now I don't play it anymore since it's a completely broken mess and Abusement Park does not load. Not to mention, it has micro-transactions. I wonder if SDS fix that yet no?

3. And now this. I almost forgotten about this game before I watched the E3 2011 conference all over again. I seriously hope SDS and Idol MInds would stop being lazy and focus on making this game for the Vita.

I hate to say this guys I cannot stand SDS and their excuses. This is why I don't own any games from them anymore. My opinion.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
/16

KetsuKensakan

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KetsuKensakan
Accepted Solution

Talk about the game. Tell your friends to talk about the game. If Sony gets the idea that it's not in high demand, why would it be a priority. (Even though it was promised to us as a launch title).

0 Kudos

/16

brianmini

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
brianmini
Accepted Solution
I've got an idea! Why not keep reposting this and see if Sony do anything!

Other than an insta-ban from the forum!

It's getting old, Sony have not mentioned this game for over 6months, the project is on permanent hiatus!
0 Kudos

/16

KetsuKensakan

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
KetsuKensakan
Accepted Solution

Well, now it is officially cancelled.

[DELETED] Sony. Now, I'm going to use every opportunity to trash the [DELETED] out of your handheld, and company at large.

[DELETED] you so seriously. Never buying anything sony again.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

brianmini

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
brianmini
Accepted Solution

Its hard always being right, still I'll try to live with the burden.  :Stupid:

Sell ya later dude!  Don't let the door hit you on the way out!  :xEvil:

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel