93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Welcome to PS Vita: General Discussion

144 Replies 13,475 Views Created 08-06-2011

....And the PlayStation®Vita category in general.

Myself and the other members of the Community Team are excited to witness the birth of a new member of the PlayStation family during our time here at SCEE and are proud to introduce you to PlayStation Vita.

If you want more info on Vita's specifications, check this thread.

So kick back, relax and chat away regarding PlayStation's newest piece of lovely hardware.  Don't forget to have a read of the House Rules and have fun out there.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
yaster's Streambadge
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

gizz_10

61%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gizz_10
Accepted Solution

Is there any other make of memory cards you can buy for the vita or do the "PS VITA" cards compatible with the vita? Think Sony are bit sneeky making there own cards for the device easy way of them making more momey.

0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to PS Vita: General Discussion

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution

gizz_10 wrote:

Is there any other make of memory cards you can buy for the vita or do the "PS VITA" cards compatible with the vita? Think Sony are bit sneeky making there own cards for the device easy way of them making more momey.

Unfortunately not. The only choice is the official Sony Vita memory cards. Making extra money may be a by product but it's not about that and more to do with trying to prevent piracy by having proprietory cards. Blame the pirates.
0 Kudos

/16

SiliconMalice

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SiliconMalice
Accepted Solution

Just wanted to check , is it OK to play on the Vita while charging via the AC adapter?  By doing so, will the battery wear quicker over time?  I have read conflicting reports online and wasn't sure.

0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution

SiliconMalice wrote:

Just wanted to check , is it OK to play on the Vita while charging via the AC adapter?  By doing so, will the battery wear quicker over time?  I have read conflicting reports online and wasn't sure.

It's perfectly fine. I do it all the time with my portable electronic devices including the Vita.

/16

gizz_10

61%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gizz_10
Accepted Solution

Yep,come to think of it, makes sense. Just a shame really cause there not exactly cheap. Thanks

0 Kudos

/16

Psyphormer

46%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Psyphormer
Accepted Solution

when will sony sort Out the psn purchasing problems. unable to buy anything and im still waiting for my pre order content. so stupid

0 Kudos

/16

Rawlockhl

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rawlockhl
Accepted Solution

add if you got a vita : rawlockhl

0 Kudos

/16

Hippie_Slayer29

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Hippie_Slayer29
Accepted Solution

Just got my PS Vita today! is awesome!!! screen is amazing!!!

0 Kudos

/16

SiliconMalice

94%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
SiliconMalice
Accepted Solution

Hippie_Slayer29 wrote:

Just got my PS Vita today! is awesome!!! screen is amazing!!!

Congrats on your purchase, and you are right, the Vita IS awesome!  Make sure to pick up Uncharted for it, that really is a superb game.  

0 Kudos

/16

Rick_M40

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rick_M40
Accepted Solution

Hi Peeps:smileyvery-happy: New to the Vita yesterday for my birthday - Oh & BTW I'm 44 and still a kid at heart!!!!!!! :Lol:

This is much better than the PSP was! Here's to many happy hours

0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightUK

93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

Rick_M40 wrote:

Hi Peeps:smileyvery-happy: New to the Vita yesterday for my birthday - Oh & BTW I'm 44 and still a kid at heart!!!!!!! :Lol:

This is much better than the PSP was! Here's to many happy hours

Happy Birthday and congratulations. That's a great birthday present you got there and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. :)
0 Kudos

/16

Triklops

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Triklops
Accepted Solution

Im 37 and glad to see there are others around that are still kids at heart too, I have always loved gaming and love it as much today as I did as a kid.

I did start to wonder if there were many other gamers out there who were my age or older as a lot of user profile names have birth years on them and not many of them were around mine lol, also I tried that HOME on the PS3 and seems most people on that are young too.

But alas good to see there are still plenty of gamers in our age bracket Rick.

Also congrats on your PS Vita, it really is a great little console, I'm looking forward to getting Resistance Burning Skies for it tomorrow and the tee shirt I was promised with pre order :)

0 Kudos

/16

IcemanAFC

84%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IcemanAFC
Accepted Solution

Hi guys! Not new to gaming consoles as I am a proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and a PS Vita which I bought about 6 weeks ago from Heathrow airport. Great price as well as I got a 3G vita with a 4GB card and Uncharted Golden Abyss for £230.

I think its a fabulous system. Actually all 4 of them are great!

SIC PARVIS MAGNA
/16

Triklops

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Triklops
Accepted Solution

Just got Resistance Burning Skies a couple weeks ago, loved the teeshirt that came with it through special pre order deal to with Eb Games.  Anyone else playing it?  I have to admit I thought it was a little dull at first, and weak story, but it picks up after a couple stages starts getting better and the amount of guns in it is great, not to mention secondary fires it has.  Just trying to now find on the internet what the hidden trophies are :)

0 Kudos

/16

ohmsford

84%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ohmsford
Accepted Solution
Silly question alert!

if I get a WiFi vita and get a super score on let's say super stardust delta while I'm at work where theres no internet. Can I upload that score to the leaderboards when I get home and get onto the network?

Trying to figure out if I'll be needing a 3g vita. I think were I will play it mostly is out and about with no internet.
0 Kudos

Photobucket
/16

Triklops

92%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Triklops
Accepted Solution

Doesn't sound like a silly question, have wondered that myself.  I was playing Tales from Space when mutant blobs attack, or whatever its called, the other day on a long bus trip home from Wellington to Auckland, mine is a wifi only too.  After each stage it would ask me if I wanted to connect so I could upload my score, I had to just click on no but I don't think there were any options after that when you do connect up, to be able to send it??  Did you find out by any chance?

0 Kudos

/16

iamHuze

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iamHuze
Accepted Solution
Hi, I'm wondering, has anyone that's signed up to the vita inside get the discount code for unit 13 and doesn't need or want it? I would appreciate it.
I signed up a week ago with 2 accounts specifically because it said would get an email with this voucher code and have to say I'm pretty disappointed at receiving nothing. The sale price ends is a day. Do they plan to send me it after the sale? :o/ not very happy with ps but would appreciate help from a kind vita owner.. :)
Thanks!
0 Kudos

/16

iamHuze

51%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
iamHuze
Accepted Solution
Got code now! :)
0 Kudos

/16

ufsaa

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ufsaa
Accepted Solution

Hi Im Youssef I live in Egypt

My aunt went to America and bought me a ps Vita 3g / Wifi Version the problem was that att isnt at Egypt so I need to change my sim card to Vodaphone or Mobinil or Etisalat ( Company names ) Everytim I go to each place they tell me that I have a problem in my vita which is that its regestired to ATT so I must un regestire it Can anyone help plz ?

0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightUK

93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

ufsaa wrote:

Hi Im Youssef I live in Egypt

My aunt went to America and bought me a ps Vita 3g / Wifi Version the problem was that att isnt at Egypt so I need to change my sim card to Vodaphone or Mobinil or Etisalat ( Company names ) Everytim I go to each place they tell me that I have a problem in my vita which is that its regestired to ATT so I must un regestire it Can anyone help plz ?

It's not possible I'm afraid. The US 3G Vitas are locked to AT&T and there is no way to unlock them. You would have been better off getting a UK/EU/AU/HK Vita as they are all unlocked.
0 Kudos

/16

Chibase

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Chibase
Accepted Solution
hi, when is Sony going to release the next firmware update & what will be improved?
0 Kudos

Re: firmware update

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel