08 Rank
Progress

❤ Why I Enjoy My Vita ❤

[ Edited ]
254 Replies 20,116 Views edited 24-10-2012
23 Oct 2012
By frodouk

My Vita.

Today, during my lunch hour and breaks I've been playing a mixture of MLB 12 The Show and Super Crate Box.

Seriously, there is nothing the Vita can't do to keep me occupied. Love the machine, love the range of software so far.

Roll on AC and NFS :)

LABELS:

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Yaster
Accepted Solution
I'm about to go home on the train in a second. Looking forward to spending a bit of time with LBP and when I get home, I'm gonna play the All-Stars beta while the missus watches River City.

Re: Why I enjoy...

yaster's Streambadge

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
frodouk
Accepted Solution

I will be playing LBP later while I'm supposed to be working :)

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Semaphia

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Semaphia
Accepted Solution
I have my legs up on the desk, playing Final Fantasy VIII... Can't wait until I'm finished so I can play a real Final Fantasy game :D The Vita needs more classic RPGs.

How is MLB? Can I actually learn how the sport is played by playing the game itself?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
frodouk
Accepted Solution
You need to have a basic understanding of the sport first as it has no tutorial and uses all the MLB abbreviations, but it's not to bad to get to grips with.

As for the game. It's extremely good.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

bcfc545

• Beta Tester
92%
08 Rank
Progress
bcfc545
Accepted Solution

Totally agree it has filled many hours for me gaming whilst at home and out and about waiting for time to pass,

Like many mine comes with me all the time when I go out as there is always time to switch it on and have a quick game when I have time to spare.

Great little black box of tricks and well worth the money in my opinion :Thumbs:

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
97%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

I love my Vita. I am even bought it a cute little stand for it and as you can see LBP :D

I am looking forward to Assassin's Creed: Lib which I shall be getting for Xmas I expect! I travel on the train so it is just a perfect companion.

❤ Why I Enjoy My Vita ❤

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
frodouk
Accepted Solution
Nice hearts.... Love the editing. Love the stand. Hell, I'm in a good mood.

Re: ❤ Why I Enjoy My Vita ❤

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution

I am *fingers crossed* hoping to get the Vita at xmas :D I have had first hand experience of one and it is an awesome machine :D

I mean, how they fit so much awesomeness in such a small space is beyond me :D

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
97%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

TalllPaul wrote:

I am *fingers crossed* hoping to get the Vita at xmas :D I have had first hand experience of one and it is an awesome machine :D

I mean, how they fit so much awesomeness in such a small space is beyond me :D

lol. :D 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

nikcox

90%
14 Rank
Progress
nikcox
Accepted Solution

I'm looking forward to AC   Who said it needs more classic rpg's. lol. It's got loads from the psp. Get through all those. I playing ffvii at mo. why do you think ffviii not a real ff game??

probably get killzone on it when it comes out and bioshock says it has a game coming out on the playstation site. Well. It does on the app for iPhone part of the site anyway. 

Hoping they emulate ps2 games on the console soon as I missed out on ffvii cerebus and the other one and would like a crack at them. 

0 Kudos

But of course I have an opinion. Have you not seen my platinum...

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Semaphia

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Semaphia
Accepted Solution

nikcox wrote:

I'm looking forward to AC   Who said it needs more classic rpg's. lol. It's got loads from the psp. Get through all those. I playing ffvii at mo. why do you think ffviii not a real ff game??

probably get killzone on it when it comes out and bioshock says it has a game coming out on the playstation site. Well. It does on the app for iPhone part of the site anyway. 

Hoping they emulate ps2 games on the console soon as I missed out on ffvii cerebus and the other one and would like a crack at them. 

The PSP had some good RPGs, but I want Shining Force, Phantasy Star, Chrono Trigger... :p

It is a real FF game, it's just the weakest one from the the 16 & 32 bit eras.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

nikcox

90%
14 Rank
Progress
nikcox
Accepted Solution

Strange. I enjoyed ffviii. I missed ix because of getting a ps2 so have downloaded that to play. I got a sub to opm mag and it came with a sixteen quid network card so I got xi and viii with that. Already had vii as this is probably my all time fave game. 

Do you reckon Bethesda could shove a elder scrolls on to a 4 gb card?  I reckon that might be a push. I reckon vita could handle the game just not the size. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Semaphia

97%
10 Rank
Progress
Semaphia
Accepted Solution
I didn't play 9 at the time either, but I've played 1-10 (minus 3, which is on the store now), and there's just something wrong with FF8. FF7 was my first, but I truly believe FF6 is the greatest game ever made. 10-2 was a joke, 12 doesn't appeal and 13 I just couldn't enjoy the combat system (or characters).

What are some good FF style RPGs on the PSP store? I mean, if I wanted an ARPG, I'd just jump on my PC and play Diablo/Torchlight.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

nikcox

90%
14 Rank
Progress
nikcox
Accepted Solution

Don't know about the psp RPGs. I am sure there will be some good ones. Was looking on the store the other day and if your uk based they was doing a 7 RPGs in one deal for 39.99. Think the 3 Valhalla knights were on it as well as half minute hero and some others. Overall seemed like a good deal.

havent Played ffvi. Got it for free as part of my plus sub so will give it a go. also got three on the iPad. Lol. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Terramax01

56%
05 Rank
Progress
Terramax01
Accepted Solution
When I was back in England, I mainly played Everybody's Golf on the bus (around 30 min each way) and every other day and hour or so at home on another.

Now that I'm studying in Japan, I use it to take photos and pictures, listen to music on the go, and very occasionally I've been playing Klonoa on the PS1.

I'm mainly looking forward to buying a heck of a lot of PSone games, when I get the time to actually play them.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

MissSouthampton

• Beta Tester
97%
09 Rank
Progress
MissSouthampton
Accepted Solution

Terramax01 wrote:
When I was back in England, I mainly played Everybody's Golf on the bus (around 30 min each way) and every other day and hour or so at home on another.

Now that I'm studying in Japan, I use it to take photos and pictures, listen to music on the go, and very occasionally I've been playing Klonoa on the PS1.

I'm mainly looking forward to buying a heck of a lot of PSone games, when I get the time to actually play them.

Kinda scared to take mine outside :P

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

I play mine mainly when i have to attend hospital appointments beats listening to old people dying.

I also take it with me when ever i go into kingston then i will mooch in starbucks for an hour or so getting free stuff from near.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Guy3847

69%
05 Rank
Progress
Guy3847
Accepted Solution

I get back from school, disappear upstairs, and on comes the psvita and my laptop, only playing LBP at the moment, although there aren't any good online levels, looking forward to getting assasins creed in 6 days time, then i would like to get call of duty and NFS, trying to save all me' pennies!!! :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

BLACK13

• Beta Tester
82%
05 Rank
Progress
BLACK13
Accepted Solution

"I play mine mainly when i have to attend hospital appointments beats listening to old people dying."

Cant wait to see Sony advert for that 'Vita more fun than Death'

Anyway, on to my main point, I love my Vita use it way more than i did my PSP, and there's games for every pocket and every taste, from Playstation Mobile from 40p up to full games for £39 quid, classic PSOne games , apps like twitter,facebook,foursquare, AR games, whats not to love

I know its not perfect but its getting there, cant understand those people who moan that theres no games

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Award Winner
/16

THE_FORCE

• Award Winner
90%
13 Rank
Progress
THE_FORCE
Accepted Solution

My PS3 isn't getting any use again because of the Vita.

FFIX is eating up my time at the mo. Who needs manky, out of date magazines that have been mauled by peasants in hospital waiting rooms when you have the Vita ?!

"It's not about whether you win or lose, it's all about how well you play the game...."

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel