Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 40

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

28 May 2012
By buddygod

buddygod

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Worst resistance review yet?

26 Replies 566 Views Created 28-05-2012
I have seen a fair few 8 and 9/10 scores but 2/10...ouch! http://www.destructoid.com/review-resistance-burning-skies-227980.phtml
Reply
0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
06
/16

ocelot07

  • Offline
92%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ocelot07
Accepted Solution

I have never even heard of that website.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

02
/16

Rob--M--

  • Offline
96%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rob--M--
Accepted Solution

I was gonna pre order it because of the 4 day weekend for lazy people here in the UK. But now im going to wait and see what people think of it. Because E3 is coming up and there could be better games to spend my money on!

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

05
/16

BlackKnightUK

  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

ocelot07 wrote:

I have never even heard of that website.


I'm surprised you haven't. They've been around for a long time. I wouldn't take that review seriously anyway. Jim Sterling did almost as bad a hatchet job on his Gravity Rush review. The Gravity Rush is not consistent with the other reviews and I suspect it will be the sane case for Resistance.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

02
/16

Btommo

  • Offline
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Btommo
Accepted Solution
I like to take the average of the review along with bits and pieces, which have been shown, rather than the word of one person. The other reviews seem good so I've ordered it, if its terrible it will be traded in after completed.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

02
/16

kivi95

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kivi95
Accepted Solution
Suprised? It's the ***** Jim Sterling so this review is just bull***** like all his reviews. He do it just to get more views for the site.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

10
/16

CrustyJockStrap

  • Offline
91%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CrustyJockStrap
Accepted Solution

Reviews who need them? I will make my own mind up by either renting or borrowing if I am not sure about a game.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

Below is a Signature



Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
04
/16

McDaymo

  • Offline
86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McDaymo
Accepted Solution
A sub £15 game by the looks of it , 55% on metacritic so far.....
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

02
/16

kivi95

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
kivi95
Accepted Solution
McDaymo# Thanks to this review..

In the end the meta will probably end at 6-7/10.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

04
/16

McDaymo

  • Offline
86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McDaymo
Accepted Solution
I do think the 20% is probably way over the top , still won't consider getting until more reviews appear,
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

04
/16

McDaymo

  • Offline
86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McDaymo
Accepted Solution
Oops double post ..
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
09
/16

Cringles88

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

IGN have give it 5.5. Haven't seen a positive review yet. Sounds like the online is boring & the single player forgettable, much like the last game.

 

It's a rent only for me.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

05
/16

BlackKnightUK

  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

Cringles88 wrote:

IGN have give it 5.5. Haven't seen a positive review yet. Sounds like the online is boring & the single player forgettable, much like the last game.

 

It's a rent only for me.


There is one so far. http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/resistance-burning-skies/critic-reviews
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

Beta Tester
09
/16

Cringles88

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

BlackKnightUK wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

IGN have give it 5.5. Haven't seen a positive review yet. Sounds like the online is boring & the single player forgettable, much like the last game.

 

It's a rent only for me.


There is one so far. http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/resistance-burning-skies/critic-reviews

If this was a £25 game, I might take the risk of buying it, but at £35, I'll have to trust the average reviewer. I would think that one good review site would be a bit biased to

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

05
/16

BlackKnightUK

  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

Cringles88 wrote:

BlackKnightUK wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

IGN have give it 5.5. Haven't seen a positive review yet. Sounds like the online is boring & the single player forgettable, much like the last game.

 

It's a rent only for me.


There is one so far. http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/resistance-burning-skies/critic-reviews

If this was a £25 game, I might take the risk of buying it, but at £35, I'll have to trust the average reviewer. I would think that one good review site would be a bit biased to


I'm not buying the game anyway even if it had stellar reviews as I have zero interest in it. That said it will probably be in the bargain bins sooner rather then later if the reviews are anything to go by so I may well pick it up then.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

Beta Tester
05
/16

Yaster

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

yaster's Streambadge
04
/16

bravo9zero

  • Offline
87%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bravo9zero
Accepted Solution

A shame the reviews aren't too good..

Always thought the gameplay videos looked a bit generic and the controls a bit clunky (which has me a bit worried for fast-paced FPS games like Killzone/COD on Vita)

 

I'm renting the game from Lovefilm anyway, will probably buy the online pass to check the online out

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

02
/16

buddygod

  • Offline
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
buddygod
Accepted Solution

Its worrying when this game sits just above Michael Jackson the Experience on Metacriticsall time Vita chart...

 

Still, will give the demo a go (if I have enough space!)

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

Beta Tester
09
/16

Cringles88

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

Don't think we'll get a demo today, or at all. This game could be £15 in a few weeks judging by reviews, which in turn, will make sales also suffer. 

 

 

Just seen that the US got a Resistance demo...Maybe we'll get it this time next year.

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

[ Edited ]
05
/16

BlackKnightUK

  • Offline
92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

Cringles88 wrote:

Don't think we'll get a demo today, or at all. This game could be £15 in a few weeks judging by reviews, which in turn, will make sales also suffer. 

 

 

Just seen that the US got a Resistance demo...Maybe we'll get it this time next year.


I'm pretty sure the demo or trial whatever you want to call it will be on the UK/EU PSN today.
Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

Beta Tester
09
/16

Cringles88

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

BlackKnightUK wrote:

Cringles88 wrote:

Don't think we'll get a demo today, or at all. This game could be £15 in a few weeks judging by reviews, which in turn, will make sales also suffer. 

 

 

Just seen that the US got a Resistance demo...Maybe we'll get it this time next year.


I'm pretty sure the demo or trial whatever you want to call it will be on the UK/EU PSN today.

Maybe so, but according to today blog update, there is no demo or trail listed. Unless someone forgot to type it up. 

Reply
0 Kudos

Re: Worst resistance review yet?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel