29%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

accessing sub account on ps vita

32 Replies 19,998 Views Created 22-02-2012
22 Feb 2012
By ePICgAMERturtbot

Set up a master acc & a sub account, but when my son tries to sign in on the sub account error message says You must sign in with the account that is linked with this PS Vita system (NP-2100-3)

How do i link to his account so he can use it?

Parental cotrols no use if he can't sig in!

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BoonyBoy

60%
02 Rank
Progress
BoonyBoy
Accepted Solution
Yeah I think you can un-link the account from a memory card by formatting it. Or maybe search around in the settings.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: accessing sub account on ps vita

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wigan_Stu

89%
09 Rank
Progress
Wigan_Stu
Accepted Solution

Not 100% sure but I think you can only have one account linked to a Vita at a time.

Possible solution is to get another memory card as the cards are what bounds the vita to each account. Nice little ploy by Sony that one!!

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/12/vita-accounts/

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
29%
02 Rank
Progress
ePICgAMERturtbot
Accepted Solution

Thanks, I think!

Once an account is linked can you un-link it ?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BoonyBoy

60%
02 Rank
Progress
BoonyBoy
Accepted Solution
Yeah I think you can un-link the account from a memory card by formatting it. Or maybe search around in the settings.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
44%
02 Rank
Progress
crashbang_wollop
Accepted Solution

Same issue with signing in with sub account details. i have been trying for hours and after formatting system and memory card 10 times still nothing!not very high tech personally but surely whole sub account totally pointless??

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16
44%
02 Rank
Progress
crashbang_wollop
Accepted Solution
yes found it -thanks to this forum -

You have to sign-in on a PC into the sub-accounts, NOT the master account, and complete the registration there; entering child's name, address, and create ID/ for them - hence ended up with mine which didn't want... authorised/upgrade kids account and there you GO! Then go back to vita and sign-in to their username and password as existing account and that's it. nowhere in manual this is mentioned but gladly only 5 hrs later......

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lotharsilk

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Lotharsilk
Accepted Solution

This is appalling, I'm having exactly the same problem "You must sign in with the account that is linked with this PS Vita system" NP-2077-6.

I've created a sub-account for my son. The PS is linked to my account and therefore his. I'm not going to create an adult account for him as this removes the protection I want him to have (he's 8). How the hell do I get that damn machine to link to him and his account so that he can play it in safety!

I'm getting really fed with Sony. Great products, crap customer support / documention.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frodouk

94%
08 Rank
Progress
frodouk
Accepted Solution
Crap documentation? It was common knowledge and printed all over the internet/manuals regarding the accounts and only having 1 on the Vita.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Lotharsilk

42%
02 Rank
Progress
Lotharsilk
Accepted Solution

Read the post. It's not whether it's one or more, it's that it's mine and it needs to be my sons otherwise the privacy / protection is meaningless.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

mostafa0202

21%
02 Rank
Progress
mostafa0202
Accepted Solution

salam

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

na1bcm

24%
02 Rank
Progress
na1bcm
Accepted Solution

Hi, I'm having the same problem.  I managed to unlink my master account from my sons PS Vita and it then restarted but it won't accept my son's account details even though I have a sub account set up for him.  What was your solution in the end?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

rt40ish

96%
01 Rank
Progress
rt40ish
Accepted Solution
all i was equally as frustrated as documentation and how to do this is not clear and easily available. I had to figure it out on my own. That being said i created an account and then a sub-account. Only once i completed the profile of the sub-account (screen name, address, etc) and added a/the device to the list, was i able to setup the sub-account as the primary user of the psvita.

I really wish Sony would make directions like this very clear. very frustrating but now on track.

BTW = as i stumbled through this i also created my sub-account as a normal account first thinking i was supposed to "point" to it with my main account ... problem. Once i figured out this was done "within" the master account i was screwed as sub account i wanted was already setup as a regular account locking up the email address, etc. Sony support could not delete it so i had to dummy over the email address to properly setup as a sub-account.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Alphajomega

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Alphajomega
Accepted Solution

I created an account on the vita using my sons age, it said he was to young and i needed a master account, no instructions about how this should be done, so created an account using my age thinking that the ability to create a sub account would then acticvate... nope.

Spent an hour looking through all menu items and the very very poor help on the subject. still dont know how to do it.. guess it must be a webdite only function.

Finally after downloading the content manager as it seemed to imply in help this is what was needed I searched the web and ended up here.

Thank providence I did, reading the problems of changing accounts and of restricted downloads (my son is a mature 15, but would have problems with Assassins Creed i bought him).

This is obviously a total fail on Sony's part, both in regard to complete lack of clear instructions on and from the device you have just bought, hiiden censorship and restricting the device to only one user.

How dissapointing.

My son will now have to be me as i am not going to spend another two hours agonising about how to change the device so its his and hitting all the problems here.

In about 2 days when it downloads the games I have bought he might actually get to play it.

Sort yourself out Sony you are better than this!

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

PreciseMoon

30%
02 Rank
Progress
PreciseMoon
Accepted Solution

Same here. Ended up here as  the vitas i got my 2 are flawed by the whole sub account. Why have a parental control when as a parent there is no control as Sony are pulling all the strings. How can i get apps such as skype for a sub account? Complete waste of money so far as there unable to interact with friends

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Iron_Rabbit

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Iron_Rabbit
Accepted Solution
Now that the sub account is on the Vita, will the PSN PLus account benefits associated with the Master account carry over? i.e. Free games that are available? Currently I am logged in my son's Vita but he keeps getting prompted to purchase a PSN Plus subscription to down a free or discounted title.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MattMan9500

23%
02 Rank
Progress
MattMan9500
Accepted Solution

The soft memory reset options do not erase the original PSN account info.

SOLUTION:  The device requires a hard reset into Safe mode where you then restore the system. Have to turn device off. Next hold down PS, R and Power buttons for 5 seconds. A menu comes up with a blue background. Pick the restore system option

0 Kudos

accessing sub account on ps vita

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Deano714

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Deano714
Accepted Solution

Have exactly the same problem. Son's vita was our first ps machine. Set up master account and sub account but could not get vita to sign in on anything other than master account. Subsequently bought vita for other son so a completely new memory card and cannot get the new machine to sign on to sub account either (have not entered master account on second machine so card and machine untainted). Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

icaro123

20%
02 Rank
Progress
icaro123
Accepted Solution

you most restore the ps vita system in order to login with a different account

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

katyglos76

21%
02 Rank
Progress
katyglos76
Accepted Solution

I am having the same problem with my sons ps vita. Master account shows my name, sub account his but when ps vita linked it showed my user name. Restored vita to factory settings and formatted memory stick but still will not let him sign in on sub account. Any idea?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ifoundmysoul

• Beta Tester
96%
05 Rank
Progress
ifoundmysoul
Accepted Solution

my accounts a sub and it let me just sign in so it does work, i no thats not much help but at least you now know you can do it

0 Kudos

Photobucket

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Burlymaple

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Burlymaple
Accepted Solution
I had mistakenly signed in the ps vita system under my master account name first--MISTAKE! Go to computer and disassociate the vita from your account. Will say you can only do this once every 6 months. Just do it. Make a new sub account for son with new email address. Then reset vita to factory settings and format card. Yes. You are starting over. Now, start vita and follow setup but--this time sign up with EXISTING account for your son--NOT YOU on the vita. Now go to computer and add ps vita under son's sub account. It will show up if you activate the games and music on the vita. Hope this helps! Only took me 4 hours to figure it out.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel