53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

free wipeout

15 Replies 822 Views Created 31-05-2012

ok so I topped up the vodafone sim like  a hour ago, I did it through the vita not pc/etc. when I clicked the red face and it take you to the website I was not getting the option to select my country etc like it shows in how to video on the vodafone website http://www.vodafone.co.uk/personal/mobile-internet/gaming-devices/index.htm?dfacid=1&cid=aff-aw-defa... and it looked like the website you go to on the pc.

after I topped up and tried going to the website through the red face icon I got the setting the county option and the site looks like the one shown in the video, does this mean that they'll think I topped up on the pc and not the vita? which would mean I wouldn't get the code?

looking on the official vodafone forums it mentions something about having to register your sim/go through the my account to be able to get the code, I haven't registered the sim yet just topped up. I reveieved message on the vita saying I'd topped up £5.

roughly how long do you have to wait to recieve the code?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

fowler002

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fowler002
Accepted Solution

hmm ok guess now one knows.

0 Kudos

Re: free wipeout

Beta Tester
/16

davey23

• Beta Tester
98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
davey23
Accepted Solution
I got mine within a few minutes of getting the notification that my sim had been registered, although I did have to speak to Vodafone to get the sim enabled, just sent as a text message to the vita.
0 Kudos

/16

fowler002

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fowler002
Accepted Solution

have not checked the vita in the last couple of hrs but as I said I only got the message saying that I'd topped up nothing about the sim having been registered, will check in a bit to see if I've recieved any thing else. if not how do I go about getting the sim registered?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

ScottBull

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ScottBull
Accepted Solution

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the promotion ended at the end of April; if you check on the Vodafone website though a ton of people, including myself; had problems registering an account with Vodafone and then getting the game downloaded, (Vodafone we're blaming Sony, with some even saying they've never heard of a Vita and asked if it was a new Android Phone).

0 Kudos

I could dream forever, and never stop, I could think of life and beauty, the stars that fade in the sky. The hearts of lovers, the dreams of dreamers.
/16

AlexAtkinUK

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

Nope, should still work as quoted from the Vodafone site:

Your TopUp must be made online using your PlayStation Vita, or on our website, between 22 February 2012 and 21 March 2013. This offer is only valid for TopUp's made on the SIM provided with your PlayStation Vita.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

1. Is it a brand new Vita?

2. If so, you should try to connect your Vita to the net via 3G; even if unsuccessful, you should get a welcome message from vodafone. This seems to be an important first step. If you've already topped up, then the WipeOut text message should come shortly afterwards.

In my experience. There seems to be some variation in people's experience with getting their voucher. At worst, give vodafone a call if you've got nothing within a couple of days and they should be able to sort you out a code.

0 Kudos

/16

ScottBull

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ScottBull
Accepted Solution

They may have extended the date because of all the hassle they was having; either way, it's good news that the date is still on the distant horizon.

Piece of advice, if you have to contact Vodafone; do it via email rather than phone; whilst Sony staff are very polite, Vodafone seems like they couldn't give a hoot, and have no clue what to do with it; and keep pestering them, they need a kick up the rear every so often just to get things resolved.

0 Kudos

I could dream forever, and never stop, I could think of life and beauty, the stars that fade in the sky. The hearts of lovers, the dreams of dreamers.
/16

AlexAtkinUK

86%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
AlexAtkinUK
Accepted Solution

Too right.

I remember when I made the mistake of getting a phone contact from them.  The person who sold it to me said they would call me when my contract was coming to an end to give me the choice to renew or cancel, they didn't.

When I called customer support to complain as I realised I was two months over my contract with no call (and they had just kept billing me), they fobbed me off, not caring that I had been sold the contract illegally due to the false claim.

It took an angry letter for some very helpful women to agree to not only end the contract but refund the months I had been overcharged.

Yes I now understand ALL mobile contracts auto-renew if you do not cancel, but that doesn't let them off if their representative lied to get a sale.

Fortunately while it did take a while to get things going on the Vita, I never had to contact them about it.

The irony is when I tried to load that web page to get the quote it was STILL hanging, just like it did when I tried to register my Vita.  Took about 5 minutes for the page to appear WITHOUT the stylesheet.

0 Kudos

/16

fowler002

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fowler002
Accepted Solution
1. Well the seal was on and the guy gave me a new sim(which said 'for the playstation vita' on the packaging) with it(there wasn't 1 included in the vita box).

2. As I said I didn't get a welcome message, didn't get anything till I topped up and nothing since the message saying that I've topped up. it's been ~19 1/2 hrs since I topped up.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

fowler002 wrote:
1. Well the seal was on and the guy gave me a new sim(which said 'for the playstation vita' on the packaging) with it(there wasn't 1 included in the vita box).

2. As I said I didn't get a welcome message, didn't get anything till I topped up and nothing since the message saying that I've topped up. it's been ~19 1/2 hrs since I topped up.

1. Eek, that's quite suspicious. The Vita box was sealed but didn't have a SIM in it? Something smells very wrong right there. I suppose it's not especially unlikely that Sony somehow managed to pack everything into the box without the SIM, but, well, hopefully you see what I'm getting at. Also, how do you know it wasn't a second-hand SIM? Somebody could use it to get their free Wipeout and then ditch it?

Sorry, I'm a bit paranoid this morning. Perhaps it's nothing that can't be sorted out by contacting vodafone. If they tell you that the device / SIM has already been used to obtain the game then they might still take pity on you, or you can go back to the retailer and give them hell... :S

0 Kudos

/16

Stew2000

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Stew2000
Accepted Solution

ScottBull wrote:

if you check on the Vodafone website though a ton of people, including myself; had problems registering an account with Vodafone and then getting the game downloaded, (Vodafone we're blaming Sony, with some even saying they've never heard of a Vita and asked if it was a new Android Phone).

Sony should have made a real activation/top-up App instead of a shortcut to the vodafone website.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

Stew2000 wrote:

Sony should have made a real activation/top-up App instead of a shortcut to the vodafone website.

A nice idea in principle; in practice they would have had to have made it work in every territory, which ain't easy.

0 Kudos

/16

Stew2000

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Stew2000
Accepted Solution

QuietlyWrong wrote:

Stew2000 wrote:

A nice idea in principle; in practice they would have had to have made it work in every territory, which ain't easy.

This is very true. and yet something Sony should be capable of doing.

0 Kudos

/16

fowler002

53%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fowler002
Accepted Solution
well about 3hrs after my last reply I got the 'welcome to Vodafone mobile broadband' message(tho I've just read it), it's been like 4 1/2 hrs since that message(and like 27hrs since topping up) but still no code for wipeout.
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

QuietlyWrong

• Beta Tester
95%
13 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
QuietlyWrong
Accepted Solution

fowler002 wrote:
well about 3hrs after my last reply I got the 'welcome to Vodafone mobile broadband' message(tho I've just read it), it's been like 4 1/2 hrs since that message(and like 27hrs since topping up) but still no code for wipeout.

Well that's more promising... ...though very slow. Give it a few more hours and let us know. :)

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel