Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

ps vita stuck on nat type 3

[ Edited ]
81 Replies 11,562 Views edited 22-02-2012

Hello everyone,

I just received my psvita and I was very excited until I encountered this strange problem:

When I connected my vita to my wireless router and I did a connection test, it read that the NAT type was type 3. Everything I tried on my router was a dead end, static ip for vita, port forwarding: every time NAT type 3. I know that this is not right and I should be receiving type 2.

And the most strange part is that both my ps3 (wired) and my psp (wireless like vita) show NAT type 2.

What is different with psvita?

Also I saw that many people here have problem with near app. Could you please do a connection test and tell me your NAT type?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

ShadeyBoy

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ShadeyBoy
Accepted Solution

Mines Type 2 - all features working fine [may help trouble shoot if NAT Type3 people have the problems]

0 Kudos

Re: ps vita stuck on nat type 3

/16

pedrodj41

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pedrodj41
Accepted Solution

i have nat type 2 and have problems with near and maps app not being able to find me.

0 Kudos

/16

RichardXIII

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RichardXIII
Accepted Solution
I have nat 2 on wired and wireless on ps3 but only nat 3 on ps vita,is there a way to enable nat 2 on vita??.. tried all settings on ps3 and currently running updated (most recent software updates) for both devices.The vita is paired with ps3 but just can't communicate correctly!!!.Am using BT broadband with HH2, if that helps!
0 Kudos

/16

OurGomez

66%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
OurGomez
Accepted Solution

if type 3 is private ip (192.168.x.x/10.0.0.x) with ports closed, then it sounds like the VIta isn't managing to do uPNP, or you've hardcoded something (probably for your PS3) that's stopping it changing the things Vita needs

0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightJP

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightJP
Accepted Solution
Mines NAT type 3 but everything seems to be working fine for me. I don't think the Vita is able to make use of uPNP.
0 Kudos

/16

jazzy734

84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jazzy734
Accepted Solution

My vita is on nat type 3 and my ps3 is on nat type 2 after using portforward. I don't know why they both have different nat types.

0 Kudos

/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

I've just found a fix for this firstly you will need your isp's PPPOE password which they will give you no problem just ring them.Next on your Vita go to settings , Network Wi-Fi Settings , Click on whichever connection your on , Next click on Advanced Settings, Next click on ip address settings now enter the pppoe password the same in the two boxes and the password is case sensitive, cluck ok and that's it,Now simply do a connection test and your now on Nat Type 1.

/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution
Can someone else test this. If it works it shoud be stickies until a better solution comes along.

Rotor.
0 Kudos

/16

IrishViper1

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
IrishViper1
Accepted Solution

RotorHed wrote:
Can someone else test this. If it works it shoud be stickies until a better solution comes along.

Rotor.

It worked for me it's the same method I also use for my PS3.

0 Kudos

/16

RotorHed

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RotorHed
Accepted Solution
It worked for you..... Right. My vita never need anything like this done, that worked for me..... See the problem.

Need more than one person to try this to determine if it is having the desired effect.

Rotor.
0 Kudos

/16

CommanderSi

20%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CommanderSi
Accepted Solution

Hi, I have the same problem, Nat3 in Vita, Nat2 in PS3, I cant use voice chat in a party, Any solution? Thanks

0 Kudos

/16
29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
son-ofa_gun40421
Accepted Solution

Yeah i tried that too but i coudnt seem to connect to the internet maybe i was doing it wrong. My isp is BELL and they gave me a different PPPoE password. And the password has to be in both boxes right?

0 Kudos

/16

hans832009

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hans832009
Accepted Solution

The PPPoE thing doesnt seem to work for me......please could you go through it step by step?

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

IrishViper1 wrote:

I've just found a fix for this firstly you will need your isp's PPPOE password which they will give you no problem just ring them.Next on your Vita go to settings , Network Wi-Fi Settings , Click on whichever connection your on , Next click on Advanced Settings, Next click on ip address settings now enter the pppoe password the same in the two boxes and the password is case sensitive, cluck ok and that's it,Now simply do a connection test and your now on Nat Type 1.

PPPOE settings will not work with all ISP's if your ISP only supports PPPOA the only option people have if UPnP isn't doing the job properly is port forwarding or a DMZ or an alternative router as a last resort.

0 Kudos

/16

Cjflora

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cjflora
Accepted Solution

Do you have a router?  If you have PPPoE (and not everyone does by the way), the username and password should be in your router.  You should not need to configure PPPoE on your Vita.  

0 Kudos

/16

CLOUD1985

91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CLOUD1985
Accepted Solution

IrishViper1 wrote:

irishvipers method is legit. i was stuck on nat type3 and simply went into advanced settings in the vitas wifi settings, clicked on ip address and changed it from auto to pppoe. then i entered the password, im using an eircom netopia router here in ireland and as far as im aware the default pppoe password is broadband1. i rang eircom for my password as i changed it years ago using this very same method to get a nat type 1 on my ps3. anywho once the password was entered i ran an internet connection test an got back a nat type 1, cheers viper

0 Kudos

/16

Mattas22

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mattas22
Accepted Solution

Iv just tried ringing Virgin media and they said the PPPoE adress or password info is not something they disclose to customers, ill try and ring SONY tomorrow but im starting to regret my purchase already if i can't play any games online with it.

0 Kudos

/16

BlackKnightUK

93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
BlackKnightUK
Accepted Solution

Mattas22 wrote:

Iv just tried ringing Virgin media and they said the PPPoE adress or password info is not something they disclose to customers, ill try and ring SONY tomorrow but im starting to regret my purchase already if i can't play any games online with it.

Have you tried searching or posting in the Virgin Media community forums ? http://community.virginmedia.com/ Try in this section maybe. http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/bd-p/Gaming You're likely to get more help there.
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

CUEVAS_67_TOX1C

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CUEVAS_67_TOX1C
Accepted Solution

make a video on youtube

0 Kudos

/16

dog1cat2

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dog1cat2
Accepted Solution
My ps vita also say nat type 3 everything was working but now I can't get on to face book an error occurs , what does it mean nat type 3 don't understand it
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel