Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Borderlands 2

[ Edited ]
769 Replies 2,028 Views edited 29-01-2013

Note: To purchase this game, click on this link:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/borderlands-2/cid=EP1001-NPEB01144_00-BORD...

Borderlands.jpg

Yoink!

Now I don't want to cause any confusion among our regular Borderland loving OPC members, but I'm regarding the series as a shooter (rather than an RPG) so I am setting this thread up in my own section

http://www.borderlands2.com/

There's the website!

Look out for more info at Gamescom.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
yaster's Streambadge
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

sp33dking89

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
sp33dking89
Accepted Solution
Me dig.
0 Kudos

Re: Borderlands 2

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
96%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution
cant wait to see what theyve done and how its evolved. just having more levels of the same thing would have been pretty boring and lazy. its certainly not a perfect game so lots of improvements could be included, as long as they keep the main gameplay then they can kinda go nuts with it.
0 Kudos

KZAM!
/16

hydra25

92%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
hydra25
Accepted Solution
Can't wait, I played Borderlands to death, I'm pretty much undefeatable on it.

Glad to see it's still on Pandora, hope theres some more varied environments though, like a forest or jungle type.
0 Kudos

/16
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
RiseOfTheVulture
Accepted Solution

Omg yes i cant wait for this i loved doing co-op on the first one, any idea when its coming out?

0 Kudos

'I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture!
/16

ansteye

90%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ansteye
Accepted Solution

Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

photo titel_derek4.png
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Yaster wrote:

Now I don't want to cause any confusion among our regular Borderland loving OPC members, but I'm regarding the series as a shooter (rather than an RPG) so I am setting this thread up in my own section

So is the game staying true to its roots and your just classing it as a shooter, or is it turning into a shooter?

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

ytevo79 wrote:

Yaster wrote:

So is the game staying true to its roots and your just classing it as a shooter, or is it turning into a shooter?

I don't know any more about the game than you do I'm afraid.  But back when B1 came out there was a bit of debate as to what genre of game it was and what forum we should move threads about it into.  I think RPG won out, or I just didn't fight enough for this section.

But yeah, I see Borderlands 1 as being a shooter adventure with RPG "over tones".

0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution
I just wasn't sure if Gearbox had said they was losing the RPG elements and making it a full blown shooter. But your right it is a shooter, the RPG elements are minimal.

Started a new game earlier but It was grabbing me as much as I'd hoped. Shame it was so linear :(
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

The following infor has come from game Informer magazine and reported at http://gamingeverything.com/?p=7216

- Some pickups will provide temporary buffs

- Co-op will probably be 4 players
- Vehicles will have variety
- One vehicle: Bandit Technical
- One vehicle will have four seats
- Eridium – enhance weapons
- Eridium is a form of currency
- Salvador: Gunzerker, can dual-wield with any weapon
- Vault Hunters from the first game will be NPCs
- Bandits can access their own type of weaponry
- Unique styling, color, personality for each manufacturer
- Custom decals/enhancements for weapons
- More responsive enemies, more varied, better AI, improvement so that they interact with each other better
- NPCs will also be improved, will move around more
- Interacting dialogue for players
- Skill tree will be similar to the first game (3 branch system)
- Claptrap seems to be returning
- Apparently there won’t be any old weapons
- Story missions won’t be static

0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Doesn't sound like they are changing a whole lot then. I expect pretty much more of the same with some different models in... Not necessarily a bad thing, although they might be in trouble post-Rage.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

In game teaser trailer

yaster's Streambadge
/16

GSXRCarlos

86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GSXRCarlos
Accepted Solution

i want i want, gimme gimme gimme!!!

0 Kudos

/16

stevewhu

94%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
stevewhu
Accepted Solution
I can't wait. B1 was superb.
0 Kudos

/16

CookieMcCrumble

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CookieMcCrumble
Accepted Solution

B1 was fantastic, can't wait for this.

I just hope comms are better on B2, B1 they kept breaking up all the time lol

0 Kudos

@CookieMcCrumble on Twitter
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

Gmecentrals behind closed doors Gamescom demo. That screenshot looks awesome!

Before the demo started though all the assembled jurnos were thanked very profusely for talking up the original game (apparently it also made its debut at Gamescom, we didn’t have the heart to mention we’ve never been before). It’s also quickly pointed out that the impetus for the original game was to buck the trend of endless sequels, and yet ironically here is one anyway.

Even the biggest fan of the original will admit it was far from perfect and so there’s plenty of scope for improvement. In fact according to Gearbox every major element has been improved, from the enemy artificial intelligence to the gun system, the quest system, co-op system, user interface system – if it was a system it has apparently been replaced or overhauled.

This is demonstrated to us onscreen by showing a section of gameplay from around a third into game, after you’ve been left for dead by someone called Handsome Jack. Naturally you want revenge, but that will have to wait until after you’ve fought through a wave of yeti-like monsters called Bullymongs, in the snowy wastes of Marrowfield.

Although the creatures aren’t particularly intelligent they are possessed of some natural cunning, always aiming for the high ground so they can jump attack you and picking up objects – such as wrecked vehicles – to throw at you. They also react different when injured and you can see them stagger and become stunned, before thinking better of their aggression and running away.

Weapons still litter the game world and the first one to be picked up is from manufacturer Tediore, who are described as the ‘Wal-Mart of gun manufacturers’. So much so that empty weapons are just thrown away when you’re finished with them and another unwrapped from its cellophane to replace it.

The next kind of weapon is very different: a DIY bandit gun that looks like it’s held together with sticky-back plastic but actually seems to prove very useful. Bandits apparently aren’t great mechanics but they are keen on fitting their weapons with oversized ammo clips, greatly reducing the frequency with which you have to reload.

A bandit vehicle is then stolen, demonstrating the new handling and physics engine - which looks a lot more realistic, especially when you’re running over a monster. With the increased forward momentum the demo moves into a more temperate zone, where the ice is melting and huge drills are drilling. They’re an attractive bit of background detail and apparently evidence of an attempt to have much more animated backdrops.

More impressive still is when you get to the top of a large dam and you can see much of the game world spread out in front of you. But where previously this would’ve just been a static graphic here you can travel to and visit anything you see.

After that spot of sight-seeing though it’s back to the action and working through a camp of psychos. The mid-boss here is a Nomad which has a midget psycho tied to his shield. Apparently Nomads hate midgets, so as soon as it’s loosened from its prison by your attack the two start fighting amongst themselves, to comically bloody effect.

With the extra experience obtained from defeating the Nomad the new upgrade system is briefly shown. At this point it becomes clear that the Salvador character unveiled earlier in the month is the one being played in the demo. Not only is the upgrade interface considerably more swish than before but it’s been simplified for non-role-playing fans to use, while changing most of the upgrades from simple stat buffs to more unique new skills called ‘game changers’.

The slightly vague example given is of improving Salvador’s dual-wielding weapons ability, while a Siren character that you run into later apparently doesn’t have the class’ signature phasewalk ability. Instead all the Sirens in the game have different abilities – although unfortunately Gearbox weren’t willing to say what any of them were.

The final part of the demo involved an attack of robots being launched from an orbital base, which casts a giant ‘H’ on the moon behind it. As with all the enemies there’s a great deal of subtle, and not so subtle, variety between them – with the robots varying in size and weapons, from melee attacks to missiles.

There’s also a side quest target pootering about the level – some sort of portable robot generator with a prisoner tied to the top. It’s relatively easy to track down but if you don’t then your access to other quests and the journey through the story is slightly altered.

There’s no fundamental shift in approach in Borderlands 2, but there didn’t have to be. Giving the original a heavy dose of spit and polish is exactly what’s needed and this is certainly one shooter sequel that seems perfectly justified in providing more of the same, but better.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/872695-borderlands-2-preview-and-interview-pandora-redux#ixzz1VNO7...

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Beta Tester
/16

ytevo79

• Beta Tester
99%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ytevo79
Accepted Solution

More screens;

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=441064

Is it me or is it more colourful this time round? 

0 Kudos

/16

Ew_Tux

96%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Ew_Tux
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution
It's been removed.
0 Kudos

yaster's Streambadge
Beta Tester
/16

Yaster

• Beta Tester
93%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Yaster
Accepted Solution

Here's an interview with the writer for you, from the PS Blog

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
yaster's Streambadge
/16

Currie90

74%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Currie90
Accepted Solution
Looking forward to this so much I picked up the first game again, now just to get some folk to co-op it with....
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel