03 Aug 2011
By Yaster
Beta Tester
Playstation Staff

Borderlands 2

[ Edited ]
769 Replies 1,888 Views edited 29-01-2013

Note: To purchase this game, click on this link:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/borderlands-2/cid=EP1001-NPEB01144_00-BORD...

Borderlands.jpg

Yoink!

Now I don't want to cause any confusion among our regular Borderland loving OPC members, but I'm regarding the series as a shooter (rather than an RPG) so I am setting this thread up in my own section

http://www.borderlands2.com/

There's the website!

Look out for more info at Gamescom.

yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 770 (1,888 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Borderlands 2

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 770 (1,870 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

cant wait to see what theyve done and how its evolved. just having more levels of the same thing would have been pretty boring and lazy. its certainly not a perfect game so lots of improvements could be included, as long as they keep the main gameplay then they can kinda go nuts with it.
DriveClub!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 770 (1,862 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Can't wait, I played Borderlands to death, I'm pretty much undefeatable on it.

Glad to see it's still on Pandora, hope theres some more varied environments though, like a forest or jungle type.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 770 (1,854 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Omg yes i cant wait for this i loved doing co-op on the first one, any idea when its coming out?

'I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 770 (1,827 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Awesome news!!!!!!!!!!

photo titel_derek4.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 770 (1,823 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Yaster wrote:

Now I don't want to cause any confusion among our regular Borderland loving OPC members, but I'm regarding the series as a shooter (rather than an RPG) so I am setting this thread up in my own section

So is the game staying true to its roots and your just classing it as a shooter, or is it turning into a shooter? :Confused:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 770 (1,805 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

It was never a RPG :/

Story was too weak along with other things just had some things RPGs had

Hope they improved the story and made it less same old same old , along with improved the AI
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 770 (1,798 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Well I'm liking the look of this. I'm currently playing through Borderlands (kinda got stuck in the safehouse with no ammo and a level 15 person in the room behind me) and I actually really like the game. Hopefully they will keep and improve on the cell shading.
Jamesie_Payne91 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 770 (1,790 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

ytevo79 wrote:

Yaster wrote:

So is the game staying true to its roots and your just classing it as a shooter, or is it turning into a shooter? :Confused:

I don't know any more about the game than you do I'm afraid.  But back when B1 came out there was a bit of debate as to what genre of game it was and what forum we should move threads about it into.  I think RPG won out, or I just didn't fight enough for this section.

But yeah, I see Borderlands 1 as being a shooter adventure with RPG "over tones".

yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 770 (1,783 Views)
0 Kudos