Problem Solved

View Original Post
25 Mar 2015
By Dhraevessilas

Dhraevessilas

89%
03 Rank
Progress

DMC HD Collection: Region 1. How useless/unsellable is it?

[ Edited ]
7 Replies 614 Views edited 25-03-2015
25 Mar 2015
By Dhraevessilas

Due to partly my fault, partly anothers, and just straight up crap descriptions on the sellers part. 

Mainly the sellers fault. 100% their fault. They failed totally and utterly to say it was region 1 anywere were you could see it. Only said it in a teeny tiny part on their page. 

For some reason they were the only one selling it at the time.

I've ended up witha freaking region 1 version of Devil May Cry HD Collection for PS3.

Supposedly this piece of crap is 'region neutrel'. But region neutrel is a load of bullcrap. Doesnt exist.

Being able to play a generic format on all ps3s is NOT 'region neutrel'. It's just bluray!

I live in the UK and my PS3 is region 2.

So, having been burnt with that crap Folklore. In a long, tedious, joke, ended up with a region 1, 'region neutrel' lie. That was 100%  fraud on the companys part. Supposedly 'region neutrel', HAHAHA!!!  It was useless because could'nt get dlc. And that itself was a blessing because the games broken and uncompletable.

Seriously, don't buy that game. it's completely broken. Immpossible boss makes it uncompleteable.

Anyway, DMC Hd Collection.

How useless and unsellable is this game.

No way in hell am I opening it to test it. Keeping that crap wrapped up to maximise sale value.

How far does the uselessness go. Does it have psn store components? Are those components, dlc, etc, impossible to use outside of region 1?

If it's region 1 dlc, etc  only then it's frack all use to anyone in the UK. And I'm not shipping that crap abroad.

Lost money if it is. The only way I'll shift it is trading the piece of crap into music magpie.

No one else will want it. And for very good reason!

Has it got a code inside or something? The code will be zero use outside of region 1 most likely, if it is.

And will be totally unsellable unless the buyers stupid.

Will it even play on a region 2 PS3?! If it won't then it's completely unsellable and beyond useless. Only good for smashing to bits.

If it's got no componants outside the disc, no code, could sell it to some poor schmuck.

I'd have to be honest. So only a a total and utter schmuck would buy it.

So, just how useless is this piece of crap I've been tricked into buying? Those liers will pay. I can garantee it.

Is it sell to schmucks useless? Or music magpie useless?

Or totally unsellable to anyone and only good for smashing to bits.

Do PAL region 2 versions of it exist? Or is it some freaking moronic region neutrel for all thing?

And don't start that make a american psn account crap!!! NO CHANCE! A complete and utter waste of time and it should'nt have to be done to begin with!

This piece of crap has region 1 on the side, and region neutrel on the front.

Lies. All lies!

Someone help me here.

0 Kudos
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frimo_online

98%
03 Rank
Progress
frimo_online
Accepted Solution

I have a PAL copy of the HD Collection. So they do exist. Also, the NTSC version WILL work on your PAL PS3. Not sure what with the rant. I have multiple NTSC games and have never had an issue with my PS3. Literally ever.

0 Kudos

Re: DMC HD Collection: Region 1. How useless/unsellable is it?

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

devildante11

89%
05 Rank
Progress
devildante11
Accepted Solution

It honestly doesn't matter the game will still work fine even though it's a region 1 disk. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dhraevessilas

89%
03 Rank
Progress
Dhraevessilas
Accepted Solution
Thank you. Woerk, sure it will. Just because something technically runs odoesnt mean it works. If theres dlc or a code its beyond useless. Because no way is region 1 working on region 2 for that.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dhraevessilas

89%
03 Rank
Progress
Dhraevessilas
Accepted Solution
So, Frimo. What did the pal version have in it. Any codes, psn store downloads? Or was it contained on disc. Good to know that pals exist. Because im not touching that none existant 'region neutrel' lie unless ive got no other choice.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

frimo_online

98%
03 Rank
Progress
frimo_online
Accepted Solution

Dhraevessilas wrote:
So, Frimo. What did the pal version have in it. Any codes, psn store downloads? Or was it contained on disc. Good to know that pals exist. Because im not touching that none existant 'region neutrel' lie unless ive got no other choice.

There's no dlc or anything for any of the HD remasters (that I'm aware of). It's literally the disc with the three games on it.

Also, the tag of "region-free" has been discussed at length on here before. The disc - which is the component that contains the actual game - IS, in fact, region-free. That's not a lie. A PS3 game bought anywhere around the world (with the exception of maybe 3 titles) works on a PS3 from anywhere around the world.

Digital content - not just games, but dlc, or even soundtracks - are always constrained to regions, and in Europe's case, usually restricted at a country-level, just because of digital rights and legal requirements.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dhraevessilas

89%
03 Rank
Progress
Dhraevessilas
Accepted Solution
And words dont describe my hatred of the lie that is 'region neutrel'. I was freaking conned by liars when I got that broken crap folklore! My rage will never end from that. When i realised it was another useless region neutrel lie, i nearly hhrew the packet at the wall. I saw it was taat lie i nearly smashed it there and then.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

devildante11

89%
05 Rank
Progress
devildante11
Accepted Solution

I always find that having a conversation with myself on a forum Is the best way to deal with anger.

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel