• Beta Tester
93%
10 Rank
Progress

Dark Souls II

50 Replies 1,129 Views Created 08-12-2012
08 Dec 2012
By Bearskopff

Announced at this years VGA's, Dark Souls II is officially on the way!

Here's a brand new trailer crammed with a beautiful score, epic monsters and some wonderful cinematography.

So, speculation time! What do you lovely lot reckon will be in the sequel, and how awesome is that trailer!?

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ItsActuallyAdam

96%
02 Rank
Progress
ItsActuallyAdam
Accepted Solution

First of all, that trailer was FREAKING AWESOME! and as a massive fan of the series, it really made my day. I didn't expect a sequel at all to be honest. 

Some of the locations in that trailer are very familer to ones in DS1 which is great, but they appear to have aged a great deal, suggesting to me that the game will take place 100 years or more ahead of DS1. Those masked enemies are certainly part of a covenant, they remind me a lot of the painting guardians. As for that girl, well she will obviosly play an important role in the game, probably in the same way that the Maiden in Black was in Demons Souls. Other details also intrigued me, like when she hands the Knight a black feather, perhaps thats from the giant crow, who is probably dead too. That rickety old bridge in the trailer is identical to the one which you cross to enter the Painted World of Aramis in DS2, so perhaps we'll return to that rhelm or even get some sort of prequel as to how and why the painted world was created, all we know from the lore is that at some point there was a great war between Lord Gywn and his Silver Knights and the demons of izalith, which i think was sparked by the Seeds of Choas, or something... the story Darks Souls has can be interpreted in many different ways, which is why the writers of the game can pretty much do whatever they like without treading on anyones toes.

The old woods are clearly making a return as well, which kind of has to be there i guess since theres an entire convenant dedicated to it along with a talking white cat called Alvina. 

The voice over suggests to me that there could be more... voices in the next game, more NPC's etc, something ive wanted for a while, sounds stupid but i always felt like the land of the dead needed more life, as in more NPC's to talk to.

There's also two dragons in the trailer, one is "dead", a bone dragon, they have a habit of coming back to life and killing you, and the other one attacks the knight while hes approching that hole/cave surrounded by some sort fo nest. Maybe that's the dragon's nest, maybe its the Giant Crows, it could even be Snuggly the Crows nest, he could be all grown up now and replace the Giant Crow. If you look closely you can also see that the Dragon has some sort of eye/gem or something in the middle of his head in the same way that the Black Dragon Kalameet does, who appaeared in the DLC.

The large city in the skyline of the trailer could be Anor Londo, would be nice to return there and find out what happened after the first game but id prefer to explore new lands insted. 

that's my interpretation anyway. 

i just wanted to say finally, that i also wrote an article speculating on what id like to see in Dark Souls 2 which you can find here. http://newbreview.com/sequel-speculation-dark-souls-2/

dont mean to plug but it seamed relavent enough. 

Re: Dark Souls II

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Serum_Lake

• Beta Tester
90%
08 Rank
Progress
Serum_Lake
Accepted Solution

This is great news to wake up to :)

Needless to say, we'll be looking to bring you guys as much info about it as we can in the coming months!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sigrent

89%
04 Rank
Progress
sigrent
Accepted Solution

I think i just cryed a little this is GREAT news i cant breathe!!

0 Kudos

Perhaps you've seen it, maybe in a dream
A murky forgotten land A place where souls May mend your ailing mind You will lose everything
Once branded
The Symbol of the curse
An augur of darkness
Your past, Your future.
Your very light

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ItsActuallyAdam

96%
02 Rank
Progress
ItsActuallyAdam
Accepted Solution
Kudos on the swift changing on your forum avatar Sigrent!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

I know it's been posted already, but here's the trailer announced by Jessica Alba :)

It's like it's Christmas or some... oh, wait.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/382705/vga-2012-dark-souls-2-revealed-with-trailer/

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sigrent

89%
04 Rank
Progress
sigrent
Accepted Solution

The one thing i hope they dont add is a difficutly mode for the love god dont add a difficulty mode

0 Kudos

A murky forgotten land A place where souls May mend your ailing mind You will lose everything
Once branded
The Symbol of the curse
An augur of darkness
Your past, Your future.
Your very light

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ItsActuallyAdam

96%
02 Rank
Progress
ItsActuallyAdam
Accepted Solution
Dark Souls fans often scold me for suggesting it because it goes against anonymity mantra Demons/Dark Souls is known for but i hope they have some sort of friend invite system, they could do it in the form of a summon stone.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Yeah absolutely - it's PITA trying to meet up with friends when you keep getting summoned by randoms. Just give us a stone that only friends can see - job done.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sigrent

89%
04 Rank
Progress
sigrent
Accepted Solution

DS 2 trailer analysis

Interesting speculation here. Could we be looking at a prequel here ladies and gentleman?

0 Kudos

Once branded
The Symbol of the curse
An augur of darkness
Your past, Your future.
Your very light

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

ItsActuallyAdam

96%
02 Rank
Progress
ItsActuallyAdam
Accepted Solution
The thought did cross my mind, there's certainly a lot of lore there to work from (kind of) if indeed they did want to make a sequel. The Dark Souls story can be interpreted in lots of different ways though.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sigrent

89%
04 Rank
Progress
sigrent
Accepted Solution

More news about DS 2

1. Miyazaki is no longer the director but supervisor
  2. The new director is Shibuya known for his work for Monster hunter, he is a new member to Fromsoft and has had no expericence with the soul series
  3. DS 2 according to edge and words from shibuya that it will be easier to understand and follow, now that could mean anything to a better tutorial for new players or knowing where to go to proceed to the game
  4. Namco and fromsoft have both said that they wish to attract a larger auidence

To be fair im not to pleased that miyazaki is no longer the director as he loves bringing the puzzles and speculation to the souls series.

Also have to say i didnt like it when they use the term a new hero, does this mean they are removing the custom character. I know know its early days yet but ohhhhhhhhh.....

Video here by ENB http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh9auqHz2U0

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Once branded
The Symbol of the curse
An augur of darkness
Your past, Your future.
Your very light

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

teh-gamer

90%
03 Rank
Progress
teh-gamer
Accepted Solution

Here are my top 8 changes I would like to see in Dark Souls II please.

• No stupid placement of AI, seriously no enjoyed being chump shoved off the edge  by that arrow shooting Black Knight.
  • Only ghosts able to hit you through walls, seriously why have a wall if an enemy can hit me straight through it.
  • Better net code so Multiplayer works.
  • Able to invite and chat to buddies, I mean come on its a game afterall, but like the Borderlands series the more players the tougher the enemies.
  • No "fake help" in other words you cannot bring a "freindly black phantom" through a "blue phantom" symbol.
  •  Improved graphics.
  • Challenge dungeons, a weekly dungeon is opened where every week a new challenge is made but costs souls to enter.
  • Return of the Mana bar, seriously my pyromancer went all "sppedy ninja" because of the limited "spell use system"
0 Kudos

Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Sounds serious.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Animavore

96%
04 Rank
Progress
Animavore
Accepted Solution

This is fantastic news. Can't wait.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Serum_Lake

• Beta Tester
90%
08 Rank
Progress
Serum_Lake
Accepted Solution

Saw this interview with Dark Souls director on Polygon today, he assures fans that they'll be protecting the core experience. An interesting read for those with concerns about Dark Souls II is shaping up.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

teh-gamer

90%
03 Rank
Progress
teh-gamer
Accepted Solution

dedicated servers I here you say, ways to interact with other players directly sounds very promising.

0 Kudos

Teh gamer is doing a 24 hour game a thon for Shrewsbury and Telford hospital please give what you can here https://www.justgiving.com/Ifor-Edwards1

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Just give us a stone only friends can see, voice comms and don't turn it into another Dragon Age/Skyrim wannabe in an attempt to reach a mass market.

Although with an ex-Monster Hunter director behind the wheel, I'm not too worried. MH and DS share a kindred spirit... And if DS were to go in an MH direction, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MoltenArmour

73%
05 Rank
Progress
MoltenArmour
Accepted Solution
only got 1 word to describe how I feel about knowing Dark Souls 2 is coming : WOOT!
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

sigrent

89%
04 Rank
Progress
sigrent
Accepted Solution

Once branded
The Symbol of the curse
An augur of darkness
Your past, Your future.
Your very light

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

Let's just hope it doesn't come to pass...

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel