Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Demon's Souls Q & A

InfiniteStates wrote:
If you haven't been farming souls in NG+ I think NG++ may provide a challenge then :smileywink:

I'm a couple hours into my third playthrough now already (NG++?). I might regret not getting some more souls beforehand. Whoops. :smileytongue:

Now about that dragon just before the False King... How would you suggest bringing him down? I understand that Flying Dragon trophy involves killing him but I wasn't able to make a dent when I was flinging SoulLight at it (my only ranged spell at the time, apart from SoulArrow).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 776 (2,513 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

In a game can you learn all magics and miracles or would you have to start a second game?  And if you learnt magic in one play through could you learn miracles in a New Game + and still keep your magic?

Do you have to learn all magics and miracles in one game to get the trophies or do they cumulate over several games and characters? 

Banishing sounds fun.  Don't know why you'd get complaints.  I'm not going to let a sod kill me if I can do something about it. 

Message Edited by McWopper on 12-08-2009 02:04 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 776 (2,510 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

McWopper wrote:

In a game can you learn all magics and miracles or would you have to start a second game?  And if you learnt magic in one play through could you learn miracles in a New Game + and still keep your magic?

You will need multiple playthroughs as some Demon Souls will teach different spells from the different trainers (Urbain, Freke, Yuria). You will take what you've learned into New Game+.

Do you have to learn all magics and miracles in one game to get the trophies or do they cumulate over several games and characters? 

You can learn all magic spells on one character and all miracle spells on another character, you will of course still get the trophies.

Banishing sounds fun.  Don't know why you'd get complaints.  I'm not going to let a sod kill me if I can do something about it.  

It is fun. Mostly because of the whining some people do because they didn't get a chance to kill me. :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 776 (2,504 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

WhiteAlexander wrote:

Now about that dragon just before the False King... How would you suggest bringing him down? I understand that Flying Dragon trophy involves killing him but I wasn't able to make a dent when I was flinging SoulLight at it (my only ranged spell at the time, apart from SoulArrow).

He may well be immune to magic... I killed him with arrows, although it takes forever. However I was only using a level 1 White Bow. It took, literally, hundreds of arrows.

@McWopper: you can also learn all magic and miracles with the same character, but it will require several play throughs as WhiteAlexander said :smileywink: I believe the minimum number of playthroughs for platinum is 4, although there is a save exploit that will let you do it in 3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 776 (2,497 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

4 is definitely the minimum. Maiden Astraea's soul is used for Blueblood Sword, Death Cloud, Relief and Resurrection so you'd need at least 4 of them.

I'll have to give bows a try. Where do you stand, in front of him by the steps, underneath him at the palace entrance or down along the passage where the Fat Ministers are?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 776 (2,495 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

If it's the dragon I'm thinking of then I saw someone kill it on youtube by poisoning it, and shooting it a lot with arrows.  If you stand on the tower and cause a poison cloud as it passes you can infect it.  It still takes a while though.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 776 (2,478 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

WhiteAlexander wrote:

4 is definitely the minimum. Maiden Astraea's soul is used for Blueblood Sword, Death Cloud, Relief and Resurrection so you'd need at least 4 of them.

I'll have to give bows a try. Where do you stand, in front of him by the steps, underneath him at the palace entrance or down along the passage where the Fat Ministers are?

You could use the save exploit to get the Blueblood sword but keep the soul. However it would need to be the last weapon you need for that trophy so that you got the trophy as soon as you made the sword. I'm not into exploits though, so it'll be 4 (probably more lol) for me...

The first time you encounter him he's sitting over a long walkway with a couple of Fat Ministers on. I stood on the bottom step out onto the walkway - any further and he notices you. I can't remember if I had thief's ring on, but I should have as the goal is to get as close as possible without getting noticed. As I'm sure you're aware, bow damage is proportional to distance.

When you take him down to a particular health level (can't remember exactly what, sorry - I think it's under 50% though) he flies off to sit over the big door. It's pretty tricky, but again, in the interest of being as close as possible, I run under him then shoot him from the doorway. He can't flame you there but you have to time your shot for when his head moves into the right position...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 776 (2,487 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

McWopper wrote:
If it's the dragon I'm thinking of then I saw someone kill it on youtube by poisoning it, and shooting it a lot with arrows.  If you stand on the tower and cause a poison cloud as it passes you can infect it.  It still takes a while though.

Sorry for double post, but a) I don't know how to quote 2 posts in one reply and b) my poor brain can't remember one while I reply to the other :smileyhappy:

It sounds like you're talking about the red dragon... He means the blue dragon. And since patch 1.03 all major bosses have been made immune to poison and death cloud spells. I haven't checked, but I would imagine that applies to the dragons too.

Shame, as I used that to kill the False King with my first character - although I felt dirty doing it :smileywink:

Nevermind - that character has been resigned to the bin anyway due to levelling in the wrong direction.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 776 (2,483 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

InfiniteStates wrote:

WhiteAlexander wrote:

You could use the save exploit to get the Blueblood sword but keep the soul. However it would need to be the last weapon you need for that trophy so that you got the trophy as soon as you made the sword. I'm not into exploits though, so it'll be 4 (probably more lol) for me...

The first time you encounter him he's sitting over a long walkway with a couple of Fat Ministers on. I stood on the bottom step out onto the walkway - any further and he notices you. I can't remember if I had thief's ring on, but I should have as the goal is to get as close as possible without getting noticed. As I'm sure you're aware, bow damage is proportional to distance.

When you take him down to a particular health level (can't remember exactly what, sorry - I think it's under 50% though) he flies off to sit over the big door. It's pretty tricky, but again, in the interest of being as close as possible, I run under him then shoot him from the doorway. He can't flame you there but you have to time your shot for when his head moves into the right position...

Bah, I see myself playing far more than 4 times provided I don't get even worse than I already am, so no need for silly exploits. :smileytongue:

I'll give the thief ring/close as possible method a try. You mean that bow damage is greater the closer you are, yes? *has never used a bow/crossbow weapon so far* I managed to stock up on 999 heavy arrows and about 100 white arrows for it. My bow damage will probably be awful though, my dexterity is sat at a lowly 18 (purely because I wanted to use the Blueblood Sword) and my strength isn't so great either (24 I think?) so I can't use the White Bow.

Unfortunately I have to do it on New Game+++ as I found out the hard way he doesn't show up anymore after the False King is killed. :smileysad: Now to see if I can actually get past the Penetrator for a start. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 776 (2,475 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I was lucky i had 2 high level blue phantoms kill it for me! i'd never of done it myself it would of taken years lol!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 776 (2,466 Views)
0 Kudos