Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Demon's Souls Q & A

775 Replies 6,692 Views Created 25-07-2009

For any questions people might have.

I'll start with a couple:

1)  Can you drop items and pick them up again later?  What happens if you're carrying all you can and you find something else to pick up?

2)  If you have a Black Phantom in your game and you lose your body before they get to you what happens to you and them?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Numptyarse

72%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Numptyarse
Accepted Solution
I always quit in the Nexus.
Anyway, I've sold my copy now (for a profit too) in order to make room for the NA version. Anyone know if VG+ Visa payment option charges you when you order the game, or when the game has been posted?

where did u order an american copy from mate?

0 Kudos

Re: Demon's Souls Q & A

/16

McWopper

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McWopper
Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

/16

McWopper

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McWopper
Accepted Solution

Gr3mster1989 wrote:
Anyone know if VG+ Visa payment option charges you when you order the game, or when the game has been posted?
- On their website it says only Paypal payments don't qualify for 'pay on dispatch'.  So you shouldn't have to pay more than the delivery period in advance.
I bet you're going to whizz through it having played it before.

0 Kudos

/16

Gr3mster1989

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gr3mster1989
Accepted Solution

McWopper wrote:

Gr3mster1989 wrote:
Anyone know if VG+ Visa payment option charges you when you order the game, or when the game has been posted?
- On their website it says only Paypal payments don't qualify for 'pay on dispatch'.  So you shouldn't have to pay more than the delivery period in advance.
I bet you're going to whizz through it having played it before.

Lol, I probably will. I pretty much know who drops what, and how I should go about levelling, doing world/ character tendency, order of the levels i complete - Everything :P I may forget a bit of it by then, but the enemys' will be easy :P
Sadly, I'll be back in uni when the game is out, and with this being my final year, its going to be hard to find some time to play this (and the other games) so gaming time will be far and few :(
You still have the game on order Wopper?
Message Edited by Gr3mster1989 on 09-09-2009 09:47 PM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

McWopper

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McWopper
Accepted Solution

Yeah I have it on order.  Expecting it within 2 weeks of the release date.

Definitely don't mess up your final year at Uni.  Games are becoming dangerously good now for people in education.

0 Kudos

/16

Gr3mster1989

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gr3mster1989
Accepted Solution

McWopper wrote:

Yeah I have it on order.  Expecting it within 2 weeks of the release date.

Definitely don't mess up your final year at Uni.  Games are becoming dangerously good now for people in education.

Don't worry, I always go down the sensible route ;)
0 Kudos

/16

McWopper

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McWopper
Accepted Solution
If you are helping someone else in their game as a blue phantom and they die completely do you carry on or what?  Do you suffer a penalty for it?
0 Kudos

/16

WhiteAlexander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WhiteAlexander
Accepted Solution

McWopper wrote:
If you are helping someone else in their game as a blue phantom and they die completely do you carry on or what?  Do you suffer a penalty for it?

If the living player dies from any source, you simply get booted back to your own world as if nothing happened.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

InfiniteStates

• Beta Tester
94%
10 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
InfiniteStates
Accepted Solution

WhiteAlexander wrote:

McWopper wrote:

If the living player dies from any source, you simply get booted back to your own world as if nothing happened.

You do get to keep any souls you earned before you or the host died though :)

0 Kudos

/16

WhiteAlexander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WhiteAlexander
Accepted Solution

InfiniteStates wrote:

WhiteAlexander wrote:

McWopper wrote:

Good point, that's right.

It's nice when you get to kill the boss together though, with the extra chunk of souls at the end. The number I get is different each time though. Either that's because they're on different playthroughs or because it depends on the grades given.

The text on the grade screen leads me to believe it's the latter, but I often doubt it, it could be just another bad translation.

0 Kudos

/16

McWopper

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McWopper
Accepted Solution

WhiteAlexander wrote:

InfiniteStates wrote:

WhiteAlexander wrote:

McWopper wrote:

Good point, that's right.

It's nice when you get to kill the boss together though, with the extra chunk of souls at the end. The number I get is different each time though. Either that's because they're on different playthroughs or because it depends on the grades given.

The text on the grade screen leads me to believe it's the latter, but I often doubt it, it could be just another bad translation.

- So if you're a blue phantom and you help kill a boss do you get their unique demon soul too?  And will it clear the boss in your own game?

0 Kudos

/16

WhiteAlexander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WhiteAlexander
Accepted Solution

McWopper wrote:

- So if you're a blue phantom and you help kill a boss do you get their unique demon soul too?  And will it clear the boss in your own game?

As a blue phantom, if you and the living player survive and kill the boss, you both get a portion of the souls awarded from the kill.

Only the living player can loot the actual Demon's Soul item, though.

Boss kills as a blue phantom won't affect your world at all.

The only physical effect it can have on your world is if you succeed in killing the boss or if the living player casts a resurrection spell on you, you are returned back to body form. Both send you back to your own world where you left off.

0 Kudos

/16

McWopper

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McWopper
Accepted Solution
If you're in someone else's game as a blue phantom and a black phantom enters do you get a warning?  I know the player whose game it is does.  And also how easy is it to communicate with the people you're co-operating with?  Is there a message system in-game?  Is it only pre-written text you can use or can you type your own stuff?  And is there voice chat?
0 Kudos

/16

WhiteAlexander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WhiteAlexander
Accepted Solution

McWopper wrote:
If you're in someone else's game as a blue phantom and a black phantom enters do you get a warning?  I know the player whose game it is does.  And also how easy is it to communicate with the people you're co-operating with?  Is there a message system in-game?  Is it only pre-written text you can use or can you type your own stuff?  And is there voice chat?

Yes, the red warning text comes up for every player.

Ingame communication between co-op players is limited to basic "emotes". Waving, bowing, shrugging, that sort of thing. You would have to use PSN messages to talk to them otherwise.

There is no voice chat.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

smekat

• Beta Tester
88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
smekat
Accepted Solution
Being a Q&A
of your peeps that have this game?
I am upto 180hrs and on NG++++
Not got the plat.yet but that involves more farming and I'll do that when I can be bothered.
I am so addicted to this game I cannot stop playing it...
Do not buy this game if you haveor want a life!!!
As for me it has consumed my life....
Probably the best RPG type game I have played since FF7.
So how much of your life has Demon Souls eaten.....
0 Kudos

/16

WhiteAlexander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WhiteAlexander
Accepted Solution

60 hours so far, on the 8th playthrough at the moment. Level 190 with the plat added to my collection. :)

Going to see how much further I can get him but at this point the game is far too easy.

0 Kudos

/16

Gr3mster1989

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gr3mster1989
Accepted Solution
Before I sold it, I had:

3 characters
Total of 200 hours+ gametime
levels 170 Knight on NG+, 50 something Warrior and 20 Temple Knight

WhiteAlexander, how did you get to your 8th playthrough in 60 hours??? Took me nearly 120 hours to finish my first playthrough.
0 Kudos

/16

WhiteAlexander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WhiteAlexander
Accepted Solution

Gr3mster1989 wrote:

WhiteAlexander, how did you get to your 8th playthrough in 60 hours??? Took me nearly 120 hours to finish my first playthrough.

The game isn't too long, really. Once you know where to go and what to do it's easy to breeze through the levels. Even quicker if you have blue phantoms helping you.

If you have Firestorm and a reasonable magic stat, bosses are a total pushover aswell.

0 Kudos

/16

Gr3mster1989

92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gr3mster1989
Accepted Solution
suppose so yeah. I never focused too much on magic, but firestorm sure was brutal!
0 Kudos

/16

WhiteAlexander

80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
WhiteAlexander
Accepted Solution
Whoops, almost missed a day! That was supposed to be 80 hours.
0 Kudos

/16

McWopper

95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
McWopper
Accepted Solution

Where are your accumulated souls kept?  Obviously you lose souls you've picked up if you die, but can you pick up some souls, return to the Nexus and store them somewhere so that they're safe if you go on to die later?  Can you play through part of a level and then return to the Nexus to 'save' your collected souls, over and over?

When you beat a level boss does it remove all enemies from the level permanently? 

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel