12 Feb 2013
Playstation Staff

Demons / Dark Souls Multiplayer Buddy.

[ Edited ]
12 Replies 693 Views edited 13-02-2013

Hi guys and gals.

I have been given the honour of being one of the first Multiplayer Buddies (click me if you would like to know who else is) and been given Demons/ Dark Souls as my games. I will be on hand either via PSN or here to answer any questions you will have regarding either of these two games (nothing will ever be considered a silly question)

I have played both of the games  A LOT, got the platinum on Dark Souls and my main character around lvl 400 (without and Tomfoolery) on NG+5.

I would have done the same with Demons Souls but those shards/ chunks etc as some of you will know are fairly annoying and stopped me getting the platinum there but I played it loads.

Things I can help you with in either of the games are, but not limited too:

• Weapons
  • Armours
  • Farming spots
  • PVP advice
  • Boss Tactics
  • General tips etc

Here are a few very useful webpages that helped me while I was playing that you may want to make a note of: 

I do want to add that in no way do I feel I am the best player out there, far from it, just a willing gamer looking to help those that are just getting into the games. I will be Hosting an event in the near future which I will make a thread about where we can have a nice time and some of you can get to know me a bit better if you want. 

That is enough from me for now, thanks for your time.

Enjoy your games and try not too die too much!

Your Multiplayer Buddy.

MA.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (693 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: Demons / Dark Souls Multiplayer Buddy.

Great initiative! I've actually finished (not platted though, because of the white/black tendency), Demons Souls, but never finished Dark Souls. I got to the location next to that chapel, where the sleeping guy is sitting, with all the swining pendulums.

For some reason, I quit at that point, and never returned. This might actually be a great reason to pick it up again!

Helpdesk: NL 020 709 5025 BE 02 588 42 40 ma t/m vr 9-20 za 10-16.00.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (637 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Yeah, I would suggest everyone that stopped for some reason or other to get back into it.
I started it up yesterday to see what I could be doing in terms of an event and had a blast. The great game play and just feel of it was awesome.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (614 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I might call on you in a few weeks.

I clocked 100+ hours when Dark Souls was first released. I've completed one play through, seen one ending and had just got past Ornstein and Smough (with a lot of help) on my ng+. Unfortunately that was the state of play at the end of 2011.

I didn't play the game at all in 2012 (sacrilege I know!), so know I really have the fear and probably the tougest parts of the game ahead of me. I'd really like to see that second ending though, so might try going back to it soon. i'm especially dreading the abyss and tomb of the giants as I only just scraped through them on the first playthrough and have a feeling that my character is too underpowered to face them in ng+.

In addition, i'd imagine my parry/riposte skills have seriously taken a turn for the worse.

Other than a massive grind-fest any tips?

I might load my game tonight to gauge the actual state of play.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (582 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

i'm especially dreading the abyss and tomb of the giants as I only just scraped through them on the first playthrough and have a feeling that my character is too underpowered to face them in ng+.

In addition, i'd imagine my parry/riposte skills have seriously taken a turn for the worse.

Other than a massive grind-fest any tips?

I might load my game tonight to gauge the actual state of play.

I know how you feel about this. I popped it in after a little while of not playing it the otherday, testing out some ideas for an event, and I must admit I was shocked how rubbish I was. I would not worry too much about your actual gameplay skills, ie your ability to press the buttons as that comes back very quickly. 

In terms of struggling on NG+ I wouldnt worry either, the abyss can be a bit hard, the kings are a little bit of a nightmare but there is some tricks that make them a walk in the park, like using greater magic barrier I think it is called (memory failure :smileytongue:

To avoid massive grind I would look at upgrading your weapons as far as you can, that makes a HUGE difference, as the quicker you kill things the shorter time you have to worry about dying. I had a magic build so was very squishy anyway and relied on killing things from a distance and kiting the like crazy, so that would vary depending on your build, but if you want send me a PM with you build and I can have a look at it for you :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (577 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Sent you a PM Molten.

Even just loading up the game has made me feel like starting to play it again.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (569 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

LOL It's awesome getting back into Dark Souls again after a hiatus. Me and a mate just recently did it, and we had great fun - especially with the DLC. The game is still massively active and you get invaded a lot in most levels at all level ranges.

I started a new character and took it to level 200 and something and the only time MP got a bit quiet was from about 140-170.

P.S Tomb of Giants, while being a pig of a level, is actually pretty easy when you know how... Especially if you have enough health to fall off from the second skeleton to the first bonfire :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (558 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

That's basically the entire idea of the d* Souls games: Extremely tough, until you know how to do it right.

Helpdesk: NL 020 709 5025 BE 02 588 42 40 ma t/m vr 9-20 za 10-16.00.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (551 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Not really what I meant, but OK.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Well I put this in again and accidently deleted my high lvl character, which was a bit of a pain, but never mind, mistakes happen. So I thought I would start a new char, I have started a sorcerer as the base and the overpowered soul arrow. I am after a few hours playing lvl 30, and just working my way to the second bell. It is great fun and something that I am so glad I can go back and forth too. If anyone wants to CO-OP or anything to mess about with let me know.

Also any advice you might want send me a PM and i'll do what I can.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (527 Views)
0 Kudos