Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Dust 514

[ Edited ]

Here's some info about the Rogue Drones: http://www.dust514.org/home/item/the-horde-is-coming

Now, expanding on my previous post, I wanted to say that I consider Dust 514 to be the future of FPS and I WANT female players to be part of it, I WANT female players to finally feel comfortable in FPS, and in video games in general, as much as males do.

Dust 514 has the chance to set the bar even higher, to do something that goes beyond gamepaly, and create on PS3, just as in EVE, a place where female players are free from restrictions and are welcome.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 131 of 233 (268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

LAILIEL wrote:

Here's some info about the Rogue Drones: http://www.dust514.org/home/item/the-horde-is-coming

But... the whiteboard had nothing about "Rogue Drones" on it. THOSE sound awesome, but I'm worried about "Rouge Drones" being in the game as well. I guess we just have to hope that was a typo?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 132 of 233 (259 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

@obliviondoll
It's probably just a mistake: they meant Rogue, but wrote Rouge.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 133 of 233 (252 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

That's right. They ment Rogue, not rouge.

And on the female characters front, this IRC Q&A with the CCP might be of interest to you.

If you don't want to go clicking, this is the part of interest you you:

<CCP_CmdrWang>From: mib_5fa351: Will there be female chars? If so would female chars offer smaller target to shoot at because of their smaller body build?

<CCP_Praetorian>Yes we will but we take great care of making them perfect. They are women, after all. :smileyhappy: We are not sure exactly when we are able to roll them out.

<CCP_Praetorian>But now, there not be a _combat_ advantage to being a female character.

So yes, you're correct. They're coming, but they're not here yet. However there's actually lore precident for having all the "combat" clones being male. However, that doesn't mean that you can't have female clones for when you're not fighting, and it doesn't completely remove the possibility of having female "combat" clones.

Administrator, www.dust514.org
Writer, www.dust514base.com
Co-Host, CAST 514
"Mr Extrapolation" - CCP Praetorian
Twitter: @Grideris
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 134 of 233 (233 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Just wanted to share my opinion on the beta.

I'll keep it brief.

Dissappointing.

almost an insult.

This isnt an fps.

Please use plain text.
Message 135 of 233 (228 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Fuser wrote:

I'll keep it brief.

Dissappointing.

almost an insult.

This isnt an fps.

I'd prefer an explanation of how a game played from a first-person perspective and involving guns and shooting can be described with the phrase "This isn't an fps" - not saying you're wrong, just that you're being a little TOO vague...

Is it more RPG than FPS? Or does it feel like some other genre being played in first-person? Are you saying that because it doesn't work? Does it have gameplay issues? Or too much emphasis on the MMO aspects and not enough on making combat fair and balanced?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 136 of 233 (209 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
Grideris wrote:

That's right. They ment Rogue, not rouge.

And on the female characters front, this IRC Q&A with the CCP might be of interest to you.

If you don't want to go clicking, this is the part of interest you you:

<CCP_CmdrWang>From: mib_5fa351: Will there be female chars? If so would female chars offer smaller target to shoot at because of their smaller body build?

<CCP_Praetorian>Yes we will but we take great care of making them perfect. They are women, after all. :smileyhappy: We are not sure exactly when we are able to roll them out.

<CCP_Praetorian>But now, there not be a _combat_ advantage to being a female character.

So yes, you're correct. They're coming, but they're not here yet. However there's actually lore precident for having all the "combat" clones being male. However, that doesn't mean that you can't have female clones for when you're not fighting, and it doesn't completely remove the possibility of having female "combat" clones.

I was referring exactly to that: I always read your blog Grideris :smileywink:
Anyway even if lore "justifies" the absence of female mercenaries/clones I still think it would be a pity not to have a gender selections since day one.

EVE Online has gender selection and that is one of the reasons why female player are interested in it and why they feel comfortable playing it: definitely Dust 524 should offer the same freedom.

Not to mention that a FPS that is finally female friendly under every aspect would have a higher chance of success, commercially speaking.

But what's your opinion on female mercenaries Grideris: should CCP bring them since day one? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 137 of 233 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

While it would be nice, I would prefer to have CCP release the game a bit quicker. However if they do that, they absolutely need to provide the option to players of changing over existing characters when the option becomes available at no cost. If they can't do that, then maybe they should hold it back a little longer.

Co-Host, CAST 514
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 138 of 233 (199 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

obliviondoll wrote:

Fuser wrote:

I'll keep it brief.

Dissappointing.

almost an insult.

This isnt an fps.

I'd prefer an explanation of how a game played from a first-person perspective and involving guns and shooting can be described with the phrase "This isn't an fps" - not saying you're wrong, just that you're being a little TOO vague...

Probably because they shouldn't be talking about it at all... Hell, I feel naughty just giving their post kudos.:smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 139 of 233 (187 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

InfiniteStates wrote:

obliviondoll wrote:

Fuser wrote:

I'll keep it brief.

Dissappointing.

almost an insult.

This isnt an fps.

Probably because they shouldn't be talking about it at all... Hell, I feel naughty just giving their post kudos.:smileysurprised:

This is actually correct. Don't say anything about the gameplay as you're still bound by the NDA. Also, it's a beta, not a demo. What did you expect?

Co-Host, CAST 514
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 140 of 233 (185 Views)
0 Kudos