PlayStation®3

PS3 Games

PS3 Games

Level 4

Re: Dust 514

LAILIEL wrote:

Ok guys & gals if you are anything like me you have subscribed for the Dust 514 beta but what will you do in Dust 514, what role will you assume on the battlefield, what's you play-style?
Do you love short-range weapons like shotguns or do you prefer long distance guns like sniper rifles...or maybe you prefer plasma cannon and grenade launchers?
Will you focus on vehicle combat (tanks, dropships, etc...) or will you focus on strategy and be a Dust Commander?

Will you play offensively or support your team?

Depending on how they're implemented, I usually go for stealth, speed or a combination of the two. Frequently with healing abilities as well - again, depending on implementation within the game.

I also want to try out the commander role, though. It sounds rather awesome.

Please use plain text.
Message 171 of 233 (309 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

LAILIEL wrote:

Ok guys & gals if you are anything like me you have subscribed for the Dust 514 beta but what will you do in Dust 514, what role will you assume on the battlefield, what's you play-style?
Do you love short-range weapons like shotguns or do you prefer long distance guns like sniper rifles...or maybe you prefer plasma cannon and grenade launchers?
Will you focus on vehicle combat (tanks, dropships, etc...) or will you focus on strategy and be a Dust Commander?

Will you play offensively or support your team?

Give me an assault rifle and get me on the front line!

I am defo more of a support person to be honest.

Please use plain text.
Message 172 of 233 (296 Views)
Level 9

^^ I'm with him ^^ :smileyhappy:

Bit of lone wolf never goes a miss in any shooter either which I enjoy. But TBF I don't know much about this game other then its an MMO set in the Eve universe. I'll found out all I need when I get to play it though :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Message 173 of 233 (293 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Since you lose your items for ever when you die, i am staying back for a bit. Im not buying the dearest assault rifle just to lose it 5 mins later.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel® Core™ i7-990x (3.46GHz, 12MB, 6.4GT/sec)
English Genuine Windows® 8 64 BIT
Dual 6GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX Titan
6144MB (3x2GB) 1866MHz DDR3 Tri Channel
512GB Solid State Drive Raid 0 "Stripe" Dual HDD - (2x256GB)
256GB Solid State SATA Additional Drive
Blu-Ray RW (Blu-ray, DVD, CD read & write) & 24X DVD+/-RW
Killer™ 2100 Network Card
Soundblaster XFi Titanium PCIe card

Please use plain text.
Message 174 of 233 (289 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]
YER_MAW_JUST ha scritto:

Since you lose your items for ever when you die, i am staying back for a bit. Im not buying the dearest assault rifle just to lose it 5 mins later.

Weapons/armours/vehicles costs won't be so prohibitive that players will fear to die; one should save its best vehicle& equipment for the "big battles," and not for the standard matches, but dying won't be a catastrophe.

Surely dying in Dust 514 will have a higher impact on the palyer than in any other FPS but money won't prevent players from playing as they like: I expect Dust 514 to become more careful, to develop an higher tactical sense, but not to abandon their playstyle for fear of death.

Also as a future Dust 514 Commander it will be my restorability to make sure that you soldier would not die in vain.

Rember alos that your death will stip away of a 325.00isk armor but if I die, as commander, I loose 120 millions of mobile command center.

Please use plain text.
Message 175 of 233 (282 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

YER_MAW_JUST wrote:

YER_MAW_JUST wrote:

Sniper for me i think.

You sound exactly like the person I would hate to play against and with :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 176 of 233 (275 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Has anyone who signed up for the beta got a code yet??

Not sure when they will be sending them tot hose who get in.

Please use plain text.
Message 177 of 233 (194 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

As of now only CCP knows, but expect a second wave of people getting codes through Eve Online sometime late this week. Open registration might get their codes then, but most people think that will be the week after. But again, no solid facts.
Please use plain text.
Message 178 of 233 (186 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

I expect more codes to be sent after the E3.

Please use plain text.
Message 179 of 233 (183 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Fingers crossed for a Live demo of this ay Sony's E3 conference.

I really want Sony to go to town with coverage for this one.

Please use plain text.
Message 180 of 233 (176 Views)
0 Kudos