Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: F1 Race Stars

not sure it was worth making a new thread on this, so shall plonk it in here instead 8).

F1 Race Stars Time Trial Tips!

some of the Gold times in the Time Trials and pretty tough to beat. youve gotta take all the best routes on the courses and use your boosts at the right times. just to help any folks out that are having trouble with them, heres some tips.

need for speed!

playing on 3,000cc gives you alot more speed 8D

use all the shortcuts!

almost all the courses have shortcuts, and to get the best times youve gotta take them all. some require boosts through grass, sand or gravel aswell. dispite some causing you to miss out on KERS sections, theyre still faster overall.

cut corners!

with enough boost, either from KERS, boost pads or the power-up (though jump boosts arent powerful enough), you can cut over some patches of grass without slowing down, which could save you some time.

jump boost!

doesnt say it anywhere, but you can get a blue boost from any type of jump! any hop in the road lets you do it. just go over a ramp, let go of accelerator, then reapply just before you land.

super boost!

using a power-up when youre on an red KERS boost will make the power-up a red boost aswell (instead of a normal yellow one). so itll extend it for a bit longer.

boost over the line!

saving a boost power-up from a previous lap and using it just before starting your next one can give you a little bit of extra time at the beginning of your flying lap to play with.

use the pits!

on a couple of courses some pits are actually quicker to go through than sticking to the normal route (Australias one that goes into the shark is useful).

TwitterMIDRIGHT
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 35 (4,583 Views)
Playstation Staff

What do the keys mean?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35 (4,483 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

LordRoss wrote:

What do the keys mean?

on each course theres a super-mega shortcut, which usually cuts out about half the track. theyre always locked unless you pick up the key hidden somewhere else on the course (which leaves a trail of little keys, so you know which driver has it, and who to hit so they drop it :smileywink:).

if you have the key you cant fire weapons and if you get hit you lose it. on most courses the key reappears after each lap, but sometimes its only once per race.

TwitterMIDRIGHT
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 35 (4,474 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Has that got something to do with that pilot helmet?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 35 (4,465 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

LordRoss wrote:

Has that got something to do with that pilot helmet?

yeah thats it, youre right 8). each key kinda suits the track and the gate it passes through. so the pilots helmet is the key on the Great Britain course, and once you have it you can use the shortcut which passes through a big plane on one of the runways :smileyhappy:

on Germany the key looks like a coat of arms and can pass through an iron gate that goes through the castle.

TwitterMIDRIGHT
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 35 (4,462 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Ah right.

Well I've either found the key and not the hole or found the keyhole and not the key.

Its kinda hard considering the pace and crazyness of it all.

I gotta say I am really enjoing F1 Race Stars.

I've been playing Season mode with the missus, unlocking levels and all sorts.  It can be really tough and frantic but oh so much fun.  Lots of variety in game modes too.

It's a shame it's not all 22 drivers at once though and only 12.  Also when playing in teams, I don't understand why it's not Red Bull vs Mclaren vs Ferrari etc.  The teams are just randomised drivers pairing up.

I'm worse in a team than I am going solo though.  Going solo we finish 1st and 2nd often.  Going as a team one of us tends to finish near the back of the pack thus dragging other player down.  Kinda annoying.

Very addictive little game and one of if not the best karting game I've played to be honest.  Anywho don't forget you can find the Q&A with the developers about the game here:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Driving-Racing-General/F1-Race-Stars-Q-amp-A-with-Codemasters...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 35 (4,456 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

LordRoss wrote

I'm worse in a team than I am going solo though.  Going solo we finish 1st and 2nd often.  Going as a team one of us tends to finish near the back of the pack thus dragging other player down.  Kinda annoying.

hehe yeah, we found that too xD.

thought the hardest tournaments were the realistic ones with fragile damage and no weapons, catching up with the leaders was super tough.

TwitterMIDRIGHT
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 35 (4,450 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

TheNarrator wrote:

LordRoss wrote

hehe yeah, we found that too xD.

thought the hardest tournaments were the realistic ones with fragile damage and no weapons, catching up with the leaders was super tough.

Aww man don't get me started on that mode!

The AI is so frustratingly evil.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 35 (4,447 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

It's a fantastic game loads of fun been doing career with the wife an daughter great fun

Also 3 new tracks are coming soon (hopefully tomorrow ) cause a new patch added trophies for china Canada and India

follow me on twitter @goonerrob1104
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 35 (4,030 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

When picking a driver does anyone know what the different accessories do?
I've got Toolkit, Stars, Royal, Feathers but can't work out the difference or find it anywhere on the internet, any ideas?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 35 (3,825 Views)
0 Kudos