Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

F1 Race Stars

[ Edited ]
34 Replies 1,279 Views edited 13-07-2012

f1 race stars.png

CodemastersRacing has revealed a Kart style official F1 racer, being released on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC this November.

F1 RACE STARS will deliver formula fun on every straight, hairpin, jump and loop-the-loop with super-fast racing and a range of power-ups for players to collect and deploy as they sprint for the chequered flag ahead of their rivals.

f1 race stars screen.jpg

F1 RACE STARS will take players on a world tour of iconic FORMULA ONE locations, including Monaco, Silverstone and the new Circuit of Americas in Austin, Texas, recreated as fantastical racing circuits built for speed and wheel-to-wheel competition. Friends and family can share the fun too; F1 RACE STARS will deliver 4-player split-screen racing and 12-player competition alongside an extensive career mode featuring a number of Championships.

You can see a launch video here:

www.f1racestars.com

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

What do the keys mean?

0 Kudos

Re: F1 Race Stars

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

LordRoss wrote:

What do the keys mean?

on each course theres a super-mega shortcut, which usually cuts out about half the track. theyre always locked unless you pick up the key hidden somewhere else on the course (which leaves a trail of little keys, so you know which driver has it, and who to hit so they drop it ;)).

if you have the key you cant fire weapons and if you get hit you lose it. on most courses the key reappears after each lap, but sometimes its only once per race.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
KZAM!
Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Has that got something to do with that pilot helmet?

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

LordRoss wrote:

Has that got something to do with that pilot helmet?

yeah thats it, youre right 8). each key kinda suits the track and the gate it passes through. so the pilots helmet is the key on the Great Britain course, and once you have it you can use the shortcut which passes through a big plane on one of the runways :)

on Germany the key looks like a coat of arms and can pass through an iron gate that goes through the castle.

0 Kudos

KZAM!
Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

Ah right.

Well I've either found the key and not the hole or found the keyhole and not the key.

Its kinda hard considering the pace and crazyness of it all.

I gotta say I am really enjoing F1 Race Stars.

I've been playing Season mode with the missus, unlocking levels and all sorts.  It can be really tough and frantic but oh so much fun.  Lots of variety in game modes too.

It's a shame it's not all 22 drivers at once though and only 12.  Also when playing in teams, I don't understand why it's not Red Bull vs Mclaren vs Ferrari etc.  The teams are just randomised drivers pairing up.

I'm worse in a team than I am going solo though.  Going solo we finish 1st and 2nd often.  Going as a team one of us tends to finish near the back of the pack thus dragging other player down.  Kinda annoying.

Very addictive little game and one of if not the best karting game I've played to be honest.  Anywho don't forget you can find the Q&A with the developers about the game here:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Driving-Racing-General/F1-Race-Stars-Q-amp-A-with-Codemasters...

0 Kudos

MVP
/16

TheNarrator

• MVP
97%
12 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheNarrator
Accepted Solution

LordRoss wrote

I'm worse in a team than I am going solo though.  Going solo we finish 1st and 2nd often.  Going as a team one of us tends to finish near the back of the pack thus dragging other player down.  Kinda annoying.

hehe yeah, we found that too xD.

thought the hardest tournaments were the realistic ones with fragile damage and no weapons, catching up with the leaders was super tough.

0 Kudos

KZAM!
Community Coordinator

LordRoss

• Community Coordinator
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
LordRoss
Accepted Solution

TheNarrator wrote:

LordRoss wrote

hehe yeah, we found that too xD.

thought the hardest tournaments were the realistic ones with fragile damage and no weapons, catching up with the leaders was super tough.

Aww man don't get me started on that mode!

The AI is so frustratingly evil.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

goonerrob1104

• Beta Tester
94%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
goonerrob1104
Accepted Solution
It's a fantastic game loads of fun been doing career with the wife an daughter great fun

Also 3 new tracks are coming soon (hopefully tomorrow ) cause a new patch added trophies for china Canada and India
0 Kudos

follow me on twitter @goonerrob1104
/16

bennyhall

68%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
bennyhall
Accepted Solution

When picking a driver does anyone know what the different accessories do?
I've got Toolkit, Stars, Royal, Feathers but can't work out the difference or find it anywhere on the internet, any ideas?

0 Kudos

/16

ZAMO_in_HD

68%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZAMO_in_HD
Accepted Solution

bennyhall wrote:

When picking a driver does anyone know what the different accessories do?
I've got Toolkit, Stars, Royal, Feathers but can't work out the difference or find it anywhere on the internet, any ideas?

Yeah there different horn sounds

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

TalllPaul

• Beta Tester
97%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TalllPaul
Accepted Solution

This is free for Playstation Plus subscribers 6th February :D 

0 Kudos

/16

lizziebear66

94%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lizziebear66
Accepted Solution

ECHO WON TROPHY

i tried to beat a friends time trial ,,yet when i press triangle and go to  the leaderboards....my friends time trial isnt there

and vice versa :Shame:

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

Martin--Luther

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Martin--Luther
Accepted Solution

Just got a it off PS+ . Rather stupid question but how do you get the time trial trophies . I got a gold lap time on the Belgium circuit yet I didn't get a trophy and according to the game I haven't uploaded a time ? :smileysad:

0 Kudos

/16

ZAMO_in_HD

68%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ZAMO_in_HD
Accepted Solution
@martin--Luther
From what I remember you have to get gold on all track time trials to get the trophy.
Also there are ongoing problems regarding uploading the times, codemasters are aware of this.
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel