PS3 Games

PS3 Games

26 Aug 2013
By: Spirit0fLight Member 4941 Posts
Level 8

Final Fantasy 14 - PS3 Vs. PC ?

10 Replies 1070 Views Created 26-08-2013

Hey guys.

I am tempted to pick this game up tomorrow and I know this is a PS3 forum but I was just looking for people opinons as it is a MMO and typing is a factor.

I was in the Beta on the PS3 but when I tried to play it the controls being mapped to all the buttons I was so lost and confused I could not enjoy it at all.

I have been a warcraft player since Day 1 so I know I am fine with keyboard MMO's.

Which platform should I get it on?

if you can all tell me your pros and cons - That would be great!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (1,070 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: Final Fantasy 14 - PS3 Vs. PC ?

If you're used to KBAM MMOs, then PC is a no brainer. 1080p & HD+ resolutions, no FPS lock, better visuals (although the game is still ugly), better control method...

I played WoW since Vanilla, but quit last year. I bought ARR to try and replace WoW as the MMO in my life, but I just can't see it. Is the Hearthstone beta open to the EU yet? I'm dying to get my hands on that.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (1,067 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Semaphia wrote:
If you're used to KBAM MMOs, then PC is a no brainer. 1080p & HD+ resolutions, no FPS lock, better visuals (although the game is still ugly), better control method...

I played WoW since Vanilla, but quit last year. I bought ARR to try and replace WoW as the MMO in my life, but I just can't see it. Is the Hearthstone beta open to the EU yet? I'm dying to get my hands on that.

Yeah... PC is tempting. but Trophies sway me the other way lol.

No EU Hearthstone Beta yet. (I am dying to get my hands on it).  I have been watching streamers at every opportunity.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (1,056 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

The game has it's own achievements, which is better, in my opinion :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (1,029 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Semaphia wrote:
The game has it's own achievements, which is better, in my opinion :smileyhappy:

In the PC version?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (1,018 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

In both versions.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (1,015 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

PC has mods :smileytongue: I couldn't have stomached raiding in WoW without the Bejeweled addon :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (1,012 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

[ Edited ]

Gahhh...

I'm so torn... but PS3 controls really did suck for me. I kept opening windows and got so lost in menus just trying to talk to an NPC or something daft like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (1,009 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

PC hands down.  Controls and such aside, it's just painful to play on PS3- headaches on account of the sub-30 fps and shoddy graphics.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (1,004 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

I'm playing PS3 with a mouse and keyboard plugged in. Works a treat. Controller for movement and combat, mouse and keyboard for menus and chat. It's an awesome setup. It's a shame you can't set your cross hotbar to number keys, otherwise you could play it on PS3 controlling EXACTLY the same as PC version.

EDIT: Oh, and you'll need to disable quick chat, or typing wont use the shortcuts, it'll just chat straight off.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (978 Views)
0 Kudos