McWopper

95%
05 Rank
Progress

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

228 Replies 1,254 Views Created 12-04-2010
12 Apr 2010
By McWopper

I sold Ghost Recon 2 because it got a bit dull online and was very thin on features.  However Ghost Recon: Future Soldier sounds pretty awesome.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/12/ghost-recon-future-soldier-preview/

It's been ages now since the previous installment I'm sure we can expect all the latest online support and features to come with this new one.  Can't wait to see some gameplay.  Anyone else feel the same?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

shankly1985

92%
05 Rank
Progress
shankly1985
Accepted Solution

Didn't say they wasn't.

x-_vodka_paul_-x wrote:

the graphics are the same on consoles as stated on offical website

the spawn system is not great aswell

0 Kudos

Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

[ Edited ]
Case: Corsair Carbide 540/MB: Asus P8Z77 WS/CPU: i7 2600k/GPU: 2X MSI 290s Gaming/Cooling: Corsair H80i/Ram: Kingston HyperX 16GB/PSU: Superflower 1000w Plat / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+250GB Samsung Evo/Audio: Asus Xonar D2X/Philips Fidelio x1
ROCCAT Ryos MK Glow Mechanical / Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Steam-shankly1985 - Psn-shankly1985

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

shankly1985 wrote:
Got my copy this morning ordered from shopto. only played SP up to now its looking really good. Graphics are a bit poor, but thats only down to me playing PC games lately. If you not played PC games you wont noice the bad graphics and washed out picture.

So is the game good then?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

shankly1985

92%
05 Rank
Progress
shankly1985
Accepted Solution
Its ok I bought the game for siege mode and am not really happy about it. Mode only has 3 rounds and is over far to fast. but its a easy fix if they do patch it.

Wrathchild68 wrote:

shankly1985 wrote:
Got my copy this morning ordered from shopto. only played SP up to now its looking really good. Graphics are a bit poor, but thats only down to me playing PC games lately. If you not played PC games you wont noice the bad graphics and washed out picture.

So is the game good then?

0 Kudos

Case: Corsair Carbide 540/MB: Asus P8Z77 WS/CPU: i7 2600k/GPU: 2X MSI 290s Gaming/Cooling: Corsair H80i/Ram: Kingston HyperX 16GB/PSU: Superflower 1000w Plat / 2TB Seagate Sata3 HDD+250GB Samsung Evo/Audio: Asus Xonar D2X/Philips Fidelio x1
ROCCAT Ryos MK Glow Mechanical / Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Steam-shankly1985 - Psn-shankly1985

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LAILIEL

80%
02 Rank
Progress
LAILIEL
Accepted Solution
Left-handed players be careful: Future Soldier has not left-handed controls.
Ubisoft will patch the game but it will take time, probably a lot of time.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GroundBreaker91

96%
02 Rank
Progress
GroundBreaker91
Accepted Solution

Okay so ive played 5 campaign missions and about 10 multiplayer games, i honestly cant find anything bad to say about it, i like the gun customisation, the guns feel nice (takes a few games to adjust to the recoil) and im really liking the maps although ive only played on 4 of the 10 maps (one reminds me of Wet Work from Cod4 :) ive only been playing with strangers (a few games when a buddy jumped in) but i'd imagine it'll be better with a squad of friends so all in all pretty damn good at the moment

0 Kudos

Currently Playing: FIFA 13 / DARK SOULS / BURNOUT PARADISE

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

GroundBreaker91 wrote:

Okay so ive played 5 campaign missions and about 10 multiplayer games, i honestly cant find anything bad to say about it, i like the gun customisation, the guns feel nice (takes a few games to adjust to the recoil) and im really liking the maps although ive only played on 4 of the 10 maps (one reminds me of Wet Work from Cod4 :) ive only been playing with strangers (a few games when a buddy jumped in) but i'd imagine it'll be better with a squad of friends so all in all pretty damn good at the moment

It's a great game when played properly. Only problem I found tonight was that most games were full of young kids (under 14 at least) which totally spoiled it for me. Why do parents insist on buying 15-18+ games for their children?

Just gave up in the end because the last game it had some kid who sounded about 10 doing the usual stuff of singing and shouting out camper every time he was killed. If I could have reached down his mic and strangled the little ***** I would have!

The other problem I've found is that there aren't many people playing it. All the maps I played were only half full tonight.

0 Kudos

Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GroundBreaker91

96%
02 Rank
Progress
GroundBreaker91
Accepted Solution

I think alot of people were waiting until official reviews came out before deciding wether to buy it, every game ive been in has been 5v5 or 6v6 so thats not too bad, to be honest your gunna get screaming kids in games like this its just normal now, if you want objective players on your team then get your own squad together, its the best way 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

GroundBreaker91 wrote:

I think alot of people were waiting until official reviews came out before deciding wether to buy it, every game ive been in has been 5v5 or 6v6 so thats not too bad, to be honest your gunna get screaming kids in games like this its just normal now, if you want objective players on your team then get your own squad together, its the best way 

Think I will join some of those in the OPC on this game. I played clan ops on MW3 last night for the first time and had a complete blast! I've never laughed so much in a game.

We need to get the word out to people that this game is great when played as it should be and even better with friends. Then maybe we can build up a decent player base.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GroundBreaker91

96%
02 Rank
Progress
GroundBreaker91
Accepted Solution

Well every review ive seen has been really good so i expect more people to buy it, i know a few of my mates are waiting until payday next friday to pick it up, they're going by my recommendation lol the package as a whole is similar to COD games with the campaign, multiplayer and spec ops/zombies but GRFS has campaign, multiplayer and guerrilla (basically horde mode) if anyone is on the fence its well worth your money

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

I'm loving it so far. Single Player is fun! Online is really fun. The only thing I hate at the minute is the host migration, & the lack of dedicated servers :(  

@ GroundBreaker, I'll accept your request later, I'm just about to head out now.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GroundBreaker91

96%
02 Rank
Progress
GroundBreaker91
Accepted Solution

What do dedicated servers do? ive not experienced any lag or connection issues so ive got no real quibble's about the game, yea host migration is an annoyance but doesnt bother me too much, im liking the campaign aswell, i got my highest ghost rating of 91% in the mission 'Gallant Thief' :)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Eskimomo1994

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Eskimomo1994
Accepted Solution

I'm thinking about getting this, and I'm debating whether I should get this or Battlefield.

Battlefields quite cheap now, but what do you guys think?

I have Battlefield BC2, but I've heard people say 3 is worse than BC2 online. Is that true?

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GroundBreaker91

96%
02 Rank
Progress
GroundBreaker91
Accepted Solution

Honestly both Battlefield 3 and Ghost Recon are great games, personally i would get Ghost Recon just because i think the campaign and multiplayer are slightly more fun

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Eskimomo1994

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Eskimomo1994
Accepted Solution
Ah right, okay thanks :)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

LAClennell

• Beta Tester
97%
07 Rank
Progress
LAClennell
Accepted Solution

There's only 1 thing I don;t like about it - the people that play online

seriously, if the game asks you to do an objective (Conflict Mode) then really you should help your team to complete the objective, not being a lone wolf running off looking for people to kill.

Also I've noticed that it seperates people that have partied up. Its seperated me and Cringles88 a couple of times, putting him on the opposite team. Hope they fix that

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

Cringles88

• Beta Tester
86%
09 Rank
Progress
Cringles88
Accepted Solution

But on the 2nd match, it pairs us back up again. It must be just balancing that first time round.

I'll stick my mic on charge to, this game needs comms. Might be on the beer tonight, so might not be on later.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

NavySeal74

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
NavySeal74
Accepted Solution
Love the ghost recon games,
Getting this nxt week is it better than the beta ?
Yeah gr games have always been about mics and teamwork
Ul nvr win if everyone goes lone wolf
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GroundBreaker91

96%
02 Rank
Progress
GroundBreaker91
Accepted Solution

NavySeal74 wrote:
Love the ghost recon games,
Getting this nxt week is it better than the beta ?
Yeah gr games have always been about mics and teamwork
Ul nvr win if everyone goes lone wolf

I didnt play the beta so cant say wether its better but im really enjoying it, ive always been more of a rainbow six fan but i love it :)

i think the multiplayer could have just a hardcore ghost recon fanbase, similar to metal gear online in that it was only really played by hardcore fans thats probably why i never got into it

if that is the case it'll mean all the players who have come over from COD will eventually get bored of not having killstreaks and go back to COD leaving only the proper fans who actually know how to play the game properly which in turn will make the game more enjoyable 

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

NavySeal74

• Beta Tester
98%
04 Rank
Progress
NavySeal74
Accepted Solution
Dont think cod fans will like it as u said no kill streaks.
Loved rainbow six aswell.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

GroundBreaker91

96%
02 Rank
Progress
GroundBreaker91
Accepted Solution

me and sigrent didnt have any problems with being put on the same team yesterday but im sure if its a problem it'll be sorted sooner rather than later, i dont have my ps3 atm coz im away from home but hopefully ill be back by wednesday 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

ravingzombie

• Beta Tester
97%
09 Rank
Progress
ravingzombie
Accepted Solution
So I dont know if I should pick this up. O wad a massive fan of graw2, and had been looking forward to this for a while then forgot.
Could some of you like folk tell ne the pros and cons? :)
0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel