19 Sep 2011
Playstation Staff

Next instalment ?

24 Replies 1,044 Views Created 19-09-2011

Does anyone know if the developers are working on the next instalment of the game ? if so is there any info on settings, storyline etc ?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25 (1,044 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Next instalment ?

Fallout Online, but it's developed by Interplay. I think it's coming to PS3, not 100%.

http://www.fallout-on-line.com/

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25 (998 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

RogerJones947 wrote:

Does anyone know if the developers are working on the next instalment of the game ? if so is there any info on settings, storyline etc ?

if your talking about a Fallout 4 then this may be of some use :smileywink:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4

Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25 (989 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Fallout online has been cancelled over bethesas lawsuit win an the next installment if there is one would most likely end up in two places san franseco however you spell it or new york 

reasons being new york is the most common place setting in most games/movies and san franseco due to its landmark of the golden gate bridge is it? i would say its the best one to have the next one placed

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25 (944 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

J-Matt- wrote:

Fallout online has been cancelled over bethesas lawsuit win an the next installment if there is one would most likely end up in two places san franseco however you spell it or new york 

reasons being new york is the most common place setting in most games/movies and san franseco due to its landmark of the golden gate bridge is it? i would say its the best one to have the next one placed

I can see the attraction of New York - it could end up quite atmospheric, but I think I'd miss the rolling landscapes and desolation :smileyvery-happy:

Setting it in China would be awesome though. I don't see it happening but it'd be nice to see things from the other side.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25 (939 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Tbh I think it will be set in the Commonwealth. There were loads of references to it in Fallout 3 and it would make the ideal location due to the power struggle that is occurring there.

EDIT: There were also references to the Commonwealth in New Vegas. It was where House studied if I'm not mistaken.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25 (931 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

San Francisco would likely be the next location because that is where the Brotherhood of Steel is based, and the Brotherhood of Steel are not nice people no matter what some think from Fallout 3.... they explained they were just a splinter group who decided to put the care of citizens before the acquisition of technology.

They could also expand on the Enclave and give them a more personal feel, because the computer is now destroyed it can be run by a human. I suppose that I really want to see the Chinese, what happened to them considering they were part of the war?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25 (717 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

"You'll get no tips from me. But the Mojave Wasteland was a fun place to explore, wasn't it?

No, no it wasn't. Would love for the next one to be New York or London.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25 (695 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

A Fallout game set outside of the USA you say? Sounds interesting :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25 (684 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Interesting but impossible. Fallout is purely designed for an American audience, everybody else is just invited to buy it. They will never take it outside of the USA because America has always got to be the centre of attention. Look at the other examples:

War of the Worlds is based in London, but America will not do it outside of America.

Britian and Poland found the Enigma Machine, but America said they did it in that movie.

28 Days Later is the best Zombie film there is, America wouldn't promote it because....

It was not set in America, America was not the centre of attention. America was a non-story.

Fallout will never give another country a bit of limelight because Americans will not stand for it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25 (679 Views)
0 Kudos