Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Next instalment ?

If you have a look around, I believe at one point there was a plan for a Europe based Fallout, but it was scrapped. But that was years ago before Bethesda got the monies and such, I really think it's a possibility for London, at least let Obsidian do it.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 25 (1,008 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I think if there's enough demand then Bethesda will make a Fallout game set anywhere in the world. I'd be interested in hearing what happened to the other nations of the world. 

Message 12 of 25 (1,003 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Well, wasn't China the adversary in the nuclear war? I want to know what happened over there. I vote for Fallout Beijing or Fallout Shanghai.

(Mutant dragons?? )

Helpdesk: NL 020 709 5025 BE 02 588 42 40 ma t/m vr 9-20 za 10-16.00.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 25 (991 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ProjectVRD wrote:

Interesting but impossible. Fallout is purely designed for an American audience, everybody else is just invited to buy it. They will never take it outside of the USA because America has always got to be the centre of attention. Look at the other examples:

War of the Worlds is based in London, but America will not do it outside of America.

Britian and Poland found the Enigma Machine, but America said they did it in that movie.

28 Days Later is the best Zombie film there is, America wouldn't promote it because....

It was not set in America, America was not the centre of attention. America was a non-story.

Fallout will never give another country a bit of limelight because Americans will not stand for it.

but 28 days later isn't a zombie film..they weren't zombies :Evil:

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25 (985 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Yeah, and Assassin's Creed also never made it outside the USA... Oh, wait...

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 25 (982 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

paddybee wrote:

ProjectVRD wrote:

Interesting but impossible. Fallout is purely designed for an American audience, everybody else is just invited to buy it. They will never take it outside of the USA because America has always got to be the centre of attention. Look at the other examples:

War of the Worlds is based in London, but America will not do it outside of America.

Brittan and Poland found the Enigma Machine, but America said they did it in that movie.

28 Days Later is the best Zombie film there is, America wouldn't promote it because....

It was not set in America, America was not the centre of attention. America was a non-story.

Fallout will never give another country a bit of limelight because Americans will not stand for it.

but 28 days later isn't a zombie film..they weren't zombies :Evil:

That depends on how you describe what a Zombie is. Philosophers might say that the infected people in 28 Day Later were for all sense of the word dead, as they appeared to retain no self control of self consciousness of the former being. I think it is for this reason that it is classed as a Zombie movie in virtually all film classifications around the world. :smileyhappy:

chrisboers wrote:

Yeah, and Assassin's Creed also never made it outside the USA... Oh, wait...

Terrible attempt at sarcasm. If America placed Assassin's Creed in America then the whole world would have voted the game 1/10 because America wasn't even discovered by the Europeans in that time. America had such a bad swathe of condemnment due to U-571 that they wouldn't dare try to make out Richard I was from New York City or San Francisco!!!!

Understand the topic you are talking about before actually talking about it. Fallout is future era world where all places on the planet have been discovered and lore references many other places outside of America that were involved in the war. They can be visited, but the game series is an American propaganda medium. The setting will not leave the borders of the United States of America. Could you see Richard I having a burger in a corner joint in Manhatten? Well, you are the only one then!!!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 25 (948 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

You DO realize that Asassin's Creed 3 is now located in America, right? They could easily have done that with AC1 too, and have AC1 take place during the civil war, like they are doing now.

The discussion was about games having to be located in the US, because Americans woulnd't buy it otherwise, and I provided a counter-example.

In film, however, you have a very valid point (but that's Hollywood and the US movie-goer, that is pure US-focused, not the gamer)

I gve gamers a little more credit, as many, MANY games are not US-centric.

One could actually argue that a US centric Fallout would actually NOT sell in the US, as it provides something most US residents fear: a destroyed, post-apocalyptic USA...

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25 (943 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

New York would be good as you have the city plus the rest of New York state is countryside , nice mixture .

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25 (894 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

fallout has that weird alternate time line thing going on though, where the future dreams of 60s america was becoming true even before the nuclear war started. not sure how they would translate that to another place.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25 (691 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Back on topic, what happend to Fallout Online?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25 (420 Views)
0 Kudos