Reply
Want to join in?

Sign in to continue

I have a PSN account

Welcome back!

I'm new!

it only takes a minute or two

  • 15

    New messages in the last hour

  • Get a response within minutes

  • 92%

    92% percent of messages responded to

19 Sep 2011
By RogerJones947

RogerJones947

  • Offline
96%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Next instalment ?

24 Replies 1,201 Views Created 19-09-2011

Does anyone know if the developers are working on the next instalment of the game ? if so is there any info on settings, storyline etc ?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
02
/16

xSeNSaTioN-_

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xSeNSaTioN-_
Accepted Solution

Fallout Online, but it's developed by Interplay. I think it's coming to PS3, not 100%.

 

http://www.fallout-on-line.com/

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

09
/16

fi8767

  • Offline
96%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
fi8767
Accepted Solution

RogerJones947 wrote:

Does anyone know if the developers are working on the next instalment of the game ? if so is there any info on settings, storyline etc ?


 

if your talking about a Fallout 4 then this may be of some use ;)

 

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

02
/16

J-Matt-

  • Offline
92%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
J-Matt-
Accepted Solution

Fallout online has been cancelled over bethesas lawsuit win an the next installment if there is one would most likely end up in two places san franseco however you spell it or new york 

 

reasons being new york is the most common place setting in most games/movies and san franseco due to its landmark of the golden gate bridge is it? i would say its the best one to have the next one placed

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

Beta Tester
09
/16

chrisa3211

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
92%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chrisa3211
Accepted Solution

J-Matt- wrote:

Fallout online has been cancelled over bethesas lawsuit win an the next installment if there is one would most likely end up in two places san franseco however you spell it or new york 

 

reasons being new york is the most common place setting in most games/movies and san franseco due to its landmark of the golden gate bridge is it? i would say its the best one to have the next one placed


 

I can see the attraction of New York - it could end up quite atmospheric, but I think I'd miss the rolling landscapes and desolation :D

 

Setting it in China would be awesome though. I don't see it happening but it'd be nice to see things from the other side.

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

07
/16

Pin-Pin-Ire

  • Offline
96%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Pin-Pin-Ire
Accepted Solution

Tbh I think it will be set in the Commonwealth. There were loads of references to it in Fallout 3 and it would make the ideal location due to the power struggle that is occurring there.

 

EDIT: There were also references to the Commonwealth in New Vegas. It was where House studied if I'm not mistaken.

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

[ Edited ]
06
/16

ProjectVRD

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution
San Francisco would likely be the next location because that is where the Brotherhood of Steel is based, and the Brotherhood of Steel are not nice people no matter what some think from Fallout 3.... they explained they were just a splinter group who decided to put the care of citizens before the acquisition of technology.

They could also expand on the Enclave and give them a more personal feel, because the computer is now destroyed it can be run by a human. I suppose that I really want to see the Chinese, what happened to them considering they were part of the war?
0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?


 


I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 


@TweetScientific


 


If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice


But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,


Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!


04
/16

Kingharris

  • Offline
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kingharris
Accepted Solution

"You'll get no tips from me. But the Mojave Wasteland was a fun place to explore, wasn't it?

 

No, no it wasn't. Would love for the next one to be New York or London.

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

Beta Tester
08
/16

Serum_Lake

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Serum_Lake
Accepted Solution

A Fallout game set outside of the USA you say? Sounds interesting :D

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

06
/16

ProjectVRD

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

Interesting but impossible. Fallout is purely designed for an American audience, everybody else is just invited to buy it. They will never take it outside of the USA because America has always got to be the centre of attention. Look at the other examples:

 

War of the Worlds is based in London, but America will not do it outside of America.

Britian and Poland found the Enigma Machine, but America said they did it in that movie.

28 Days Later is the best Zombie film there is, America wouldn't promote it because....

 

It was not set in America, America was not the centre of attention. America was a non-story.

 

Fallout will never give another country a bit of limelight because Americans will not stand for it.

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?


 


I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 


@TweetScientific


 


If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice


But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,


Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!


05
/16

paddybee

  • Offline
73%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
paddybee
Accepted Solution

ProjectVRD wrote:

Interesting but impossible. Fallout is purely designed for an American audience, everybody else is just invited to buy it. They will never take it outside of the USA because America has always got to be the centre of attention. Look at the other examples:

 

War of the Worlds is based in London, but America will not do it outside of America.

Britian and Poland found the Enigma Machine, but America said they did it in that movie.

28 Days Later is the best Zombie film there is, America wouldn't promote it because....

 

It was not set in America, America was not the centre of attention. America was a non-story.

 

Fallout will never give another country a bit of limelight because Americans will not stand for it.


 

but 28 days later isn't a zombie film..they weren't zombies :Evil:

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

MVP
09
/16

chrisboers

  • MVP
  • Offline
99%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chrisboers
Accepted Solution

Yeah, and Assassin's Creed also never made it outside the USA... Oh, wait...

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

Helpdesk: NL 020 709 5025 BE 02 588 42 40 ma t/m vr 9-20 za 10-16.00.
06
/16

ProjectVRD

  • Offline
95%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ProjectVRD
Accepted Solution

paddybee wrote:

ProjectVRD wrote:

Interesting but impossible. Fallout is purely designed for an American audience, everybody else is just invited to buy it. They will never take it outside of the USA because America has always got to be the centre of attention. Look at the other examples:

 

War of the Worlds is based in London, but America will not do it outside of America.

Brittan and Poland found the Enigma Machine, but America said they did it in that movie.

28 Days Later is the best Zombie film there is, America wouldn't promote it because....

 

It was not set in America, America was not the centre of attention. America was a non-story.

 

Fallout will never give another country a bit of limelight because Americans will not stand for it.


 

but 28 days later isn't a zombie film..they weren't zombies :Evil:


 

That depends on how you describe what a Zombie is. Philosophers might say that the infected people in 28 Day Later were for all sense of the word dead, as they appeared to retain no self control of self consciousness of the former being. I think it is for this reason that it is classed as a Zombie movie in virtually all film classifications around the world. :)

 

 


chrisboers wrote:

Yeah, and Assassin's Creed also never made it outside the USA... Oh, wait...


 

 Terrible attempt at sarcasm. If America placed Assassin's Creed in America then the whole world would have voted the game 1/10 because America wasn't even discovered by the Europeans in that time. America had such a bad swathe of condemnment due to U-571 that they wouldn't dare try to make out Richard I was from New York City or San Francisco!!!!

 

Understand the topic you are talking about before actually talking about it. Fallout is future era world where all places on the planet have been discovered and lore references many other places outside of America that were involved in the war. They can be visited, but the game series is an American propaganda medium. The setting will not leave the borders of the United States of America. Could you see Richard I having a burger in a corner joint in Manhatten? Well, you are the only one then!!!

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?


 


I am going to be rude and ask you follow me 


@TweetScientific


 


If I had my own way then you wouldn't have a choice


But you will find out about some ridiculously awesome stuff,


Like QUANTUM TELEVISIONS!!!!


MVP
09
/16

chrisboers

  • MVP
  • Offline
99%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chrisboers
Accepted Solution

You DO realize that Asassin's Creed 3 is now located in America, right? They could easily have done that with AC1 too, and have AC1 take place during the civil war, like they are doing now.

 

The discussion was about games having to be located in the US, because Americans woulnd't buy it otherwise, and I provided a counter-example.

In film, however, you have a very valid point (but that's Hollywood and the US movie-goer, that is pure US-focused, not the gamer)

 

I gve gamers a little more credit, as many, MANY games are not US-centric.

 

One could actually argue that a US centric Fallout would actually NOT sell in the US, as it provides something most US residents fear: a destroyed, post-apocalyptic USA...

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

Helpdesk: NL 020 709 5025 BE 02 588 42 40 ma t/m vr 9-20 za 10-16.00.
04
/16

Kingharris

  • Offline
91%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Kingharris
Accepted Solution

If you have a look around, I believe at one point there was a plan for a Europe based Fallout, but it was scrapped. But that was years ago before Bethesda got the monies and such, I really think it's a possibility for London, at least let Obsidian do it.

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

Beta Tester
08
/16

Serum_Lake

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
90%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Serum_Lake
Accepted Solution

I think if there's enough demand then Bethesda will make a Fallout game set anywhere in the world. I'd be interested in hearing what happened to the other nations of the world. 

Re: Next instalment ?

MVP
09
/16

chrisboers

  • MVP
  • Offline
99%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
chrisboers
Accepted Solution

Well, wasn't China the adversary in the nuclear war? I want to know what happened over there. I vote for Fallout Beijing or Fallout Shanghai.

(Mutant dragons?? )

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

[ Edited ]
Helpdesk: NL 020 709 5025 BE 02 588 42 40 ma t/m vr 9-20 za 10-16.00.
05
/16

gingervegeta

  • Offline
76%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
gingervegeta
Accepted Solution
New York would be good as you have the city plus the rest of New York state is countryside , nice mixture .
0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

04
/16

aaron9992000

  • Offline
86%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
aaron9992000
Accepted Solution

fallout has that weird alternate time line thing going on though, where the future dreams of 60s america was becoming true even before the nuclear war started. not sure how they would translate that to another place.

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

02
/16

xSeNSaTioN-_

  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
xSeNSaTioN-_
Accepted Solution

Back on topic, what happend to Fallout Online?

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

02
/16

HighReaver

  • Offline
47%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
HighReaver
Accepted Solution

I'v gotta say that although a fallout game abroad does sound interesting, it simply isn't going to happen.. Anyway i heard rumours thats bethesda have recently visited Boston, and taken photographs of the area. Maybe there?

0 Kudos

Re: Next instalment ?

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel