PlayStation®3

PS3 Games

PS3 Games

18 Jan 2011
By: Gunslinger_75 Member 787 Posts
Level 3

Portal 2 PS3 to include PC/Mac versions + cross platfom MP via Steam + cloud saves?

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 2323 Views edited 18-01-2011

Interesting story here, if it turns out to be true...

LINK

A few choice cuts for those who can't be bothered following the link...

The PlayStation 3 version of Valve's upcoming first-person puzzler Portal 2 features cross-platform play and chat with the Steam PC and Mac versions.

It also boasts persistent cloud-based storage of game saves.

Additionally, the PS3 version unlocks the Steam Play version free of charge when gamers link their PlayStation Network and Steam accounts.

PS3 gamers will be able to simply drop the Blu-ray disc in the PS3, link to their Steam account from inside the game, and all their Steam friends (on PC and Mac) will be visible and accessible for chat and game invites

I'm not a Steam user, so I'm not sure if the "Steam Play" version for Mac/PC is the full version of the game or some kind of cut-down version?  Regardless, this is a pretty good deal for consumers, and a pretty big win for Sony given the PS3 version is the only console version with these features.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (2,323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Portal 2 PS3 to include PC/Mac versions + cross platfom MP via Steam + cloud saves?

i just read this on another site, one reader responed with a great remark
"i'd been deciding to get this on pc or ps3, apparently i'm getting both!"

i don't use steam either but i have an account (and a hopeless computer) as i was going to download portal 1 for free but missed the chance.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (2,304 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Portal 2 PS3 to include PC/Mac versions + cross platfom MP via Steam + cloud saves?

ya doesnt matter what platform...would all be the same game. very interesting
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (2,244 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Sounds awesome!

For those of you that havnt tried steam, its basically PSN or XBLA for PC, it allows you to purchase full games from the steam store, add your friends to your friends list (once you have made a purchase, Free downloads dont count unfortunately) and easily join matches, etc, etc... Steam even adds its own "Achievements" to PC games that are registered to your account (as long as steam supports the game), they are basically the same as Achievements and Trophies on the 360 and PS3 respectively.

It even adds them if you have bought the game from a store. ie, if you bought Portal from EB you can enter your CD key or product code (cant remember which, havnt used steam for a while) and it will add it to your games list and add the achievements!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (2,236 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

i was just checking out the preorder page for portal 2 and looks like it's been dated for 19/4/2011 in the US from gamestop and 22/4/2011 in the UK at game. i'm guessing we'll be around the same time and eb &game here both have april but no firm date.

gamestop also had a preorder bonus of custom bots.

can't wait for this and even more excited is my 4yr old son. he for some reason loved watching me play this and alike the easy levels that he could muck around on, plus he loves the ending song. he was knows what graffitti is and kept spotting "the cake is a lie" on the walls. just last week i was asking him if he knew what lieing (spell check) was and he came back with "the cake is a lie"! LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (1,910 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

lmao...twice you have made me do this tonight !!!

Loved Portal...and am very very tempted to pick up portal 2 :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (1,900 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

this is awsome having my steam friends on there avail for chat!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (1,875 Views)
0 Kudos