16 Mar 2012

Playstation Staff

Skyrim mods for ps3

39 Replies 53,837 Views Created 16-03-2012

Who thinks sony should allow skyrim mods for ps3 because it makes the game funner and 90% of skyrims customers are console gamers so i think there should be a little justice because if pc gamers can? why cant we?

lets see what you think!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 40 (53,837 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Skyrim mods for ps3

Will never happen on PS3. 

You would need the coding language for the console and that will never be released to the public domain.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 40 (53,802 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

tricksta555 wrote:

Who thinks sony should allow skyrim mods for ps3 because it makes the game funner and 90% of skyrims customers are console gamers so i think there should be a little justice because if pc gamers can? why cant we?

lets see what you think!

I think that sort of decsion is made by developer not sony anyway plus tools for mods in games are easier do on pc as all games even for consoles are designed on pc's anyway.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 40 (53,787 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

No. Mods ruin PS3 games. But I do like to tinker on the PC. :Wink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 40 (53,715 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

tricksta555 wrote:

if pc gamers can? why cant we?

Because the PC have more powerful hardware. There is absolutely no chance of running the Highres Texture Pack DLC released for PC for free a while ago, as it increase the RAM requirements tremendously and thus, need several times more RAM than the PS3 have.

If you want to play around with mods, buy a PC.

All signatures sucks, especially those with images in them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 40 (53,648 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Considering how broken the game was (and still is) at launch, i'd rather not have mods on the console version, leave it to the PC crowd.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 40 (53,641 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Iv been playing Skrim recently, I got it for 19.99 at xmas when the price crashed because of all the issues.  But I must say that after all the patches the game runs fine, in fact I recently finished all the quests and I think my game has frozen twice since I got it.

Mods on consoles probably arent the best idea, they sound good now but what happens when they get implemented on online games?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 40 (53,617 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Mods on ps3 would be good, but people might end up breaking their ps3 by changing the code of an important system file. Maybe in the future Sony will make a mods folder checked by a Modloader like Minecraft's.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 40 (42,401 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

ever heard of cfw lets you do all that and more besides most coding is a range between c and java

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 40 (39,744 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I think its a good but risky idea. If they would start allowing mods in the psn they might want to start with somthing practical, like graphic detailing, fabric movement, body detail, and ect. Im not shure if there are pracitcal mods but if there is then that's the ideal place to start. I am not saying they should, but im just saying that its a good but risky idea. That is my thought although it wont matter, i am just simply throwing it out there
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 40 (37,739 Views)
0 Kudos