80%
01 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Skyrim mods for ps3

44 Replies 67,365 Views Created 16-03-2012

Who thinks sony should allow skyrim mods for ps3 because it makes the game funner and 90% of skyrims customers are console gamers so i think there should be a little justice because if pc gamers can? why cant we?

lets see what you think!

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

Wrathchild68

89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Wrathchild68
Accepted Solution

Will never happen on PS3. 

You would need the coding language for the console and that will never be released to the public domain.

0 Kudos

Re: Skyrim mods for ps3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
/16

rileysignor2613

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rileysignor2613
Accepted Solution

Are you sure ... Obviously not, a fare few people know the coding language and are ... playing around with it right now (No names will be said) so ps3 mods can be possible, don't lose hope :Lol: :smileyvery-happy:

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Publishers Have to pay for the Server systems and File uploading and its Not as cheap as people think.

Lots of UT3 mod hostings site did not last long due to funding issues, others got backing from Epic games and lived on.

The Unreal engine mods were downloaded for UT3 PS3 Via a client that Epic had to build directly into their engine becuase of unstable hosting out side on PC...

Its not their by default. It costs a lot to do for consoles... There was no Regulation of content and many Mods CRASHED the console constantly and nearly instantly... and that was with a Stable Game engine that the PS3 used, that was not as buggy as this game already is... 

It won't be upto normal users it will remain with Bethesda to spend the money and they did not realy even want ot do DLC yet alone spend money for MOD import engine system... The PS3 will have to fund this on its own merits as the other consoles remain closed network...  

0 Kudos

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester.

I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube
Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
Beta Tester
/16

lfcrule1972

• Beta Tester
97%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
lfcrule1972
Accepted Solution
I think this should really be in the Elder Scrolls forum....

That said, it won't happen for the PS3, am I bothered ? Not really love the game and have had no issues with it and am now at 15mb file save and 480+ hours of play....

Personally I wouldn't trade trouble free play for some mods :)
0 Kudos

/16

TheWantedDog

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TheWantedDog
Accepted Solution

its possible to have mods but the console commands are not able.:smileysad: i have a couple mods but there minor mods at best :/

0 Kudos

/16

Muttykins

92%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Muttykins
Accepted Solution

tricksta555 wrote:

Who thinks sony should allow skyrim mods for ps3 because it makes the game funner and 90% of skyrims customers are console gamers so i think there should be a little justice because if pc gamers can? why cant we?

lets see what you think!

I think that sort of decsion is made by developer not sony anyway plus tools for mods in games are easier do on pc as all games even for consoles are designed on pc's anyway.

0 Kudos

/16

wellb_b

98%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
wellb_b
Accepted Solution

No. Mods ruin PS3 games. But I do like to tinker on the PC. 

0 Kudos

/16

morningXglory

35%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
morningXglory
Accepted Solution

Yeah maybe for you but it's not exactly online, you aren't interfering with other players in normal Skyrim so. Why shouldn't people be allowed to mess around with their own games?

0 Kudos

/16

Alestes

90%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alestes
Accepted Solution

tricksta555 wrote:

if pc gamers can? why cant we?

Because the PC have more powerful hardware. There is absolutely no chance of running the Highres Texture Pack DLC released for PC for free a while ago, as it increase the RAM requirements tremendously and thus, need several times more RAM than the PS3 have.

If you want to play around with mods, buy a PC.

0 Kudos

All signatures sucks, especially those with images in them.
/16

Clxmj

96%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Clxmj
Accepted Solution
Considering how broken the game was (and still is) at launch, i'd rather not have mods on the console version, leave it to the PC crowd.
0 Kudos

/16

guyinatux

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
guyinatux
Accepted Solution

Iv been playing Skrim recently, I got it for 19.99 at xmas when the price crashed because of all the issues.  But I must say that after all the patches the game runs fine, in fact I recently finished all the quests and I think my game has frozen twice since I got it.

Mods on consoles probably arent the best idea, they sound good now but what happens when they get implemented on online games?

0 Kudos

/16

jarppa9900

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
jarppa9900
Accepted Solution

now your wrong... PS3 has a larger RAM capacity, and it needs it to run games with high performance and there is mods on ps3 skyrim but theyre not legal i believe [And why would ps3 have larger ram capacity? well this is why, games reguire a lot more memory than pc softwares and ps3 was made for HIGH PERFORMANCE GAMING, and there are a lot diffrent pc's and my irl friend plays skyrim on hes laptop but many cant run skyrim on their regular pc's , please dont mislead any more people...

0 Kudos

/16

ilikepiezyum

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ilikepiezyum
Accepted Solution

Mods on ps3 would be good, but people might end up breaking their ps3 by changing the code of an important system file. Maybe in the future Sony will make a mods folder checked by a Modloader like Minecraft's.

0 Kudos

/16

psyco_syc

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
psyco_syc
Accepted Solution

ever heard of cfw lets you do all that and more besides most coding is a range between c and java

0 Kudos

/16

meathog77

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
meathog77
Accepted Solution
I think its a good but risky idea. If they would start allowing mods in the psn they might want to start with somthing practical, like graphic detailing, fabric movement, body detail, and ect. Im not shure if there are pracitcal mods but if there is then that's the ideal place to start. I am not saying they should, but im just saying that its a good but risky idea. That is my thought although it wont matter, i am just simply throwing it out there
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

If it had been made buy a developer that cared like "epic games" then any thing could be possible but it was not... Mods are possible but they are still built on PC not the PS3 direct then cooked.

UT3 from epic allready allow complete mode rebuild from going skiing to playing a early version of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Side on style fighting and shooting

0 Kudos

Subscriber Plex app for PS4 AND PS3 out now... free versions built in to console OS...

Black screen on PC remote play showing up as windows GPU driver miss match, visit Intell, AMD, Nvidia to change your driver, downgrade of GPU driver may be required.
/16

rcjessebob

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
rcjessebob
Accepted Solution

we should because people on xbox360 and pc do so why can't we i mean mods make games funner but also ruin it but for most times think about it minecraft ok there are mods and millions install them i know skyrim is cool but some things you do need mods so you don't fail thats what mods are and who else doesn't

like it then they should try it and then say if they dont or not like mods installed.

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution
Perhaps if Linux was allowed to be run still, and Sony were more open to the community, but they aren't, so it can't.

Also, you'd get countless more cases of games being buggered up than is the case now, so is this a good idea?
0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

GraphiteGB

• Beta Tester
95%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
GraphiteGB
Accepted Solution

Nakatsu_Hime wrote:
Perhaps if Linux was allowed to be run still, and Sony were more open to the community, but they aren't, so it can't.

Also, you'd get countless more cases of games being buggered up than is the case now, so is this a good idea?

Nothing to do with linux and all to do with lazy developers and publishers not wanting to spend the Money.

Its allready been done by the Unreal engine company "Epic games" They even allowed "Gears of War" content to be ported to UT3 engine in PS3.

Fans tried to do the Maps but the Scene soon Died as it takes alot of work to build content, some users Ported over a Few Killzone 2 Level maps pretending it was there own work. GG did not even care... more KZ PR the better..

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

Nakatsu_Hime

• Beta Tester
97%
05 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Nakatsu_Hime
Accepted Solution
I totally agree with your "publishers not wanting to spend the money" quote.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel