PlayStation®3

PS3 Games

PS3 Games

26 Jul 2010
By: adin75 Member 762 Posts
Level 6

Tekken X Street Fighter or Street Fighter X Tekken? The choice is yours.

10 Replies 1165 Views Created 26-07-2010

Capcom and Namco were in talks to create two Street Fighter vs. Tekken cross-franchise fighting games; one on each of the game engines, created by their respective development studios.

At a panel earlier on at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Street Fighter’s Yoshinori Ono and Tekken’s Katsuhiro Harada took the stage and confirmed that the rumours are true, well, everything except the names.

There will, as rumoured, be two separate fighting games; one built on the Street Fighter engine and another on the Tekken engine. The rumour stated that the games would be called Capcom vs. Namco and vice versa, which was slightly off, as the games are called Tekken X Street Fighter and Street Fighter X Tekken, utilising only characters from those two franchises.

Trailer and screens

Street Fighter engine gameplay

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (1,165 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: Tekken X Street Fighter or Street Fighter X Tekken? The choice is yours.

[ Edited ]

Saw this on NZGamer yesterday and was going to link it... :smileyhappy:

I think Tekken characters will work better in a Street Fighter environment than the other way around. Will be interesting to see what they do about not having projectiles though.

Ryu vs Jin... what a matchup.. :smileytongue: (although they seem to be marketing Ryu vs Kazuya at this stage)

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (1,157 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]

Having the crowd in the background whilst the demo was on made that video amazing. Looking forward to seeing how both of these games turn out

Looks like fighting games are making a huge comeback with all the recent games and announcements.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (1,142 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

IMO, this is so clever. I'm not a huge fighting fan, I've put maybe 5 hours into SF IV, but I just love this idea. I agree it'd be better to see Tekken characters in Street Fighter, so if I buy one, it'll be SF x Tekken.. I just love the idea. Props to both development studios.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (1,128 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

I'm not a huge fan of fighters either, but this sounds, and looks like a real "winner".......pun intended :smileytongue:

1TB SSHD PS4 – Samsung 40” 3D LED – Yamaha 5x 100watt Receiver
Looking for a clan to join ?? check out Beyond The Grave [BTG]
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (1,086 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

gavsta72 wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of fighters either, but this sounds, and looks like a real "winner".......pun intended :smileytongue:

Not sure where your pun fits in (winner is more of a DOA term) :smileytongue: near enough is good enough hehehe. But id agree. I love all my fighting games and this really looks brilliant.

Ill naturally buy the street fighter engine.

photo mystic_sig_zps1205e126.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (1,085 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Don't really like fighters either, but yeah the street fighter one would be better imo.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (1,057 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

[ Edited ]

Im more interested in Marvel vs Capcom 3

which seems to have been chugging along nicely.

Though I think Mortal Kombat will be the fighter to own next yr :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (1,047 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Yeah im more of a Marvel vs Capcom fan too :smileywink: I do like the looks of Streetfight X Tekken but then again i liked the looks of SF4 and that played like dogfood that was having an epileptic fit :smileytongue: (in other words, i didnt like it) I will be getting Mortal Kombat too though, and if i get the chance ill probably pick up the Streetfighter version, rather than the Tekken version, although i would like to at least try both :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (1,029 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

I love Tekken. Don't know if the weird Street Fightery graphics will look good with the characters though...

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (975 Views)
0 Kudos