Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Which one ya playin'?

Cheers much. Almost finished 6... Think I'll play Chrono Trigger afterwards :smileyhappy: Not quite FF, but close enough!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 231 of 272 (248 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I'm back on 12 now and really enjoying it. truly a brilliant game.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/chaos_martin/BehemothKingSmallSig_zpsa0bf96f3.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 232 of 272 (212 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

XII was actually one of my least favourites. I can't really put my finger on why, but I didn't enjoy it as much as say X or XIII.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 233 of 272 (194 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Yeah not everyone's cup of tea. The battle system is major diffrent but I love it since it's got no random encounters on it and has MMO feel.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/chaos_martin/BehemothKingSmallSig_zpsa0bf96f3.png
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 234 of 272 (183 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I'm not a huge fan of XII either, although I'd rather play it than XIII I guess :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 235 of 272 (174 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I'm the opposite XD

I loved XIII and XIII-2. I know a lot of people bash them but I really enjoyed myself. And they had my favourite version of Odin since VIII. I hope he makes an appearance in LR.

But yeah. I agree that being able to see where the monsters are is pretty cool. It's fairly awesome to stop and look across an area and actually see things moving about on it ^_^

((I can't play MMORPGs because my internet is too slow T-T))

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 236 of 272 (169 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I guess I'm one of the moody folks who kinda resents everything they've done with the main series since the PSOne days :smileytongue: Didn't like Eight. Ten had possibly my favourite combat/leveling system with the sphere grid, but the story & characters... :smileyindifferent:

Anyway, I'm playing X-2 on my PS2 :smileyvery-happy: I have no idea why... It's awful! Perhaps I'm just a pervert :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 237 of 272 (161 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I much prefered X over X-2. I enjoyed playing the game, but it lacked a certain something for me. Again I think it was the frustration of the mini-games. The only one I had problems with in X was Blitzball, which you only had to do once.

For me mini-games can help make or break a game like these. Fighting monsters is cool and all, but sometimes you just want to kick back and do something else for half an hour. If the only options presented to you drive you up the wall it would be better if they weren't there, leaving you only with an endless slog of fighting.

That's one of the reasons I liked XIII-2 so much. Once I figured out how to do the rift puzzles I had a lot of fun doing them and got a real sense of achievement when I beat them. Even if they did take forever for me to do (looking at you Hands of Time), due to my own stupidity :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 238 of 272 (149 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hands of time! Guh we all hated that one. Yeah It's a brilliant puzzle and very well done but after the 30th attempt it can be a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrra

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 239 of 272 (132 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

I probably took so long to beat them because it took a while for it to dawn on me that the hands moved according to the number you stood on. After that I resorted to pausing the game, copying down the numbers and working the puzzle out in my notebook.

I'm not the quickest of thinkers lol.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 240 of 272 (124 Views)
0 Kudos