PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

16 Dec 2012
By: golfman159 Member 19 Posts
Level 2

12 Gig Playstation 3... seriously?

20 Replies 718 Views Created 16-12-2012

A 12 gig PS3!!! seriously?? i mean come-on with the amount of updates and game updates the playstation 3 does that's pathetic, why would they even make such a console. I guess it's to trick people when they buy it, people that don't know any different. Least with the Xbox 360 the game updates are small not like the PS3. Sometimes the updates are gigs. Seriously Pathetic and i feel sorry for those that have bought it.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (718 Views)
1 Kudos
Level 6

Re: 12 Gig Playstation 3... seriously?

It is targeted at people who want a media device, not a games console. It's perfect as a Blu-ray/DVD/CD player.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (708 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Yeah. Or possibly just casual gamers that only plan on playing a couple games every once in a while. It's not for those hardcore gamers.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (696 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

And people for whom even 500GB if not enough. Why waste your money on a hard disk drive you're only going pull out and replace with a bigger one?

regards
Rob
RandAPle4 on a tombstone because I get killed alot.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (690 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Yeah RandAPle4 has it right. It's still expandable like any of the others. Thinking of getting one myself as I'm going to be putting in a 1 terrabyte in my current ps3 very soon so I might aswell put my current HDD into a cheap 12gb.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (671 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Aye, OP needs to read the details and uynderstand the context - the 12GB PS3 is _the_ hardcore gamers device, where you don't waste money buying a smaller hard drive you just take out and replace with something more hefty (or just want a 500GB PS3 for cheaper than the retail model, as the mark-up to 500GB is often less than the cost of a 500GB drive) :smileywink:. It's also an exceptional casual gamers device, for peeps that only want a game or two.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (607 Views)
1 Kudos

I bought one, yeah it works but it just seems so cheap & nasty to me. The blueray disc player makes a constant high pitched squeal while the laser sounds like a dentist's drill when playing games.

The blueray disc tray cover looks like it's make out of coreflute! Thin crappy plastic. I used to buy Sony for the exceptional build quality.... Wish I bought xbox now!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (588 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I'm looking into buying one of these myself. I just have a question regarding the amount of space it can hold. Because it's so little space is it possible to get something like an external memory card or something that can expand the space?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (569 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

As the previous posts in this thread say, you can install a bigger internal hard disk drive. 

regards
Rob
RandAPle4 on a tombstone because I get killed alot.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (557 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

But you will need to get a caddy, as it doesn't come with one.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (538 Views)
0 Kudos