on 18-07-2011 01:38 PM
I'll some up some things that I would like... obviously not everyone may agree.
1. Games run 1080p, locked at 60FPS with VSYNC on
2. Games are bought online and downloaded (without Sony ripping off customers in prices)
3. Online services available for everyone in the EU
4. Save override by the system - so you can save ANYTIME you want
5. Make it small!
6. Remove all non-gaming features to keep the console as cheap as possible.
7. Worldwide simultaneous launch
8. Needless to say, far better graphics
9. Allows you to run homebrew out of the box
10. No need to replace controller, except, fix the bottom shoulder buttons.
1) i personally wouldn't care whether games are 720 or 1080 aslong as the game plays well.
2) A more balanced pricing system that fair to all countries. (not like current pricing which is set by software pubishers not by sony)
3) it can only be done if all countries agree to same laws.
4) Why would i want to save when ever i want & remove the challenge of playing a game.
5) you can't expect higher power output & have a smaller system it will be on or the other.
6) I like the additional non gaming feature i have thanks why would i want them removed.
7) would be nice but will never happen.
8) well thats a pointless statement.
9) No thanks as then we will running into a farce like the geohot incident.
10) There is nothing wrong with ps3 pads they have been the same through 3 sony consoles though the l&r 2 buttons should be made like the clip on triggers.
1. I am tired of playing games which look good in screenshots but in practice look real c_r_a_p (like tearing, low frame rate etc).
3. EU. If Sony can make 20 different stores for different countries, they have no reason not to make one for the remaining ones. Sheer lazyness.
4. It is not about the challenge. Let me give you an example. I have a wife, and kids. The other day they went out so I was playing Yakuza 4... I got to the last level and had played it for an hour or so, and my family returned. I couldn't keep playing it because of the violence of the game, and as there was no save point for a long while, I couldn't save either. Basically I had to either leave the PS3 switched on the whole day until kids were asleep, or start the level from the beginning again. Thats is not good.
5. Why not? The Wii U seems to be more powerful than a PS3, yet it is the same size of the Wii.
6. Because it is a videogame system
9. Actually that happened when Sony removed the ability to run Linux (and homebrew)
10. That is exactly what I said.
Obviously these are just my opinions... thanks for reading.
on 18-07-2011 01:40 PM
Bit of an arrogant tone when answering don't you think? The PS3 could do all of this yes and I stated that in my original post, but as of yet they choose not to hence asking for the PS4 from the start. Don't be blinded by your own ignorance.
Automatic Download - Yes. IF you reread I said its a very basic system which needs more functions and I detailed them. Instead of just downloading patched for recently played games, we should be able to set preordered downloads on the store etc. Again reread.
XMB- XMB is good, but not great. The filing system is a joke when you use it properly. Having 30+games in one folder. I know you can create your own folders, but there should be subfolders etc. Cleaning it up. This does need to be addressed to a more efficient and cleaner home screen.
Home integration - One of the main down falls to Home was the fact that it was't there from the start. If home was some how integrated into the main screen so we could do everything through our avatar I believe it would be a better system. Home has so much potential.
PSP Integration- They promised a lot with this showcasing the F1 game as an innovative new way to use the psp as a mirror. Did it happen no! You say this can be done and yet nobody does it, so Sony should be asking developers to do it. Expand the gaming experience. Again your being ignorant.
Cross Game Chat/ Video Chat - Sony doesn't want to implement this, are you crazy? If they don't want it, why would they put it into the Vita? When a big percentage of their buyers are asking for something, you think they will refuse it because they don't want it. Don't be silly, they're working on it or if not, there is a proper reason they can't do it. Not because they don't want to.
Connect to more devices- How about mobiles, there are a rare number of mobiles that can connect to the ps3. I'd like it to work like a mobile on a PC, you can sync transfer etc.
The browser I can't argue with, Chrome would be good and the way its going it may be the route.
Cross platform - Sony can request or hire studios to create games that work like this, its a good step and it is their console people are working on.
PlayTV. I understand about the HD, but with the new SKU, this should be adjusted, its still an official playstation branded product, so it counts as hardware, plus it does have a lot to do with the systems hardware. IT relies on that to work, record etc.
It seems you just wanted to argue with everything simply because you could, really no point. If the current or future systems could be better why would you argue for them not to be.
Website ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. [more info]