Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: An e-mail to Sony

Ben_Eaglesfield wrote:

I am pretty sure this is how it works, though i have to admit im confused. If i have to deactivate an account to use some DLC limited to 2 units, it will in theory also deactivate the DLC that should be available on upto 5 units? 

True, as soon as you deactivate the console to free up the content limited to 2 devices, the content that's limited to 5 devices will no longer work.

As far as I understand your situation, you wish to use certain items on a device external to your house i.e your GFs.  Not an issue really as you can only be in one place at a time.  Before leaving home, deactivate one console, when arriving at the GFs activate the other.  Repeat when leaving.

FWIW, you can download all the newly restricted content to every machine, it just needs activating each time you move location.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 55 (309 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I just think the main issue is that this "new site" was sold as a free and easy to use unlimited use solution to remotely doing this. While i understand that i need to de/reactivate and have no problem doing so, if i forget to, or for some reason am unable to, i dont want to use up my ONE allowance of a mass deactivation due to a small oversight. 

my impression was that we'd be able to pick and choose individual devices for deactivation, as well as reactivating them online, as many times, whenever and wherever we were. Instead its a lot more spartan than that and somewhat vague at the same time =/

Really wouldnt mind this whole thing if Sony could just be transparent with its customers. =P

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 55 (303 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

You should be able to use you stuff on any ps3 as long as you are signed in as you can only have your account singned on with one ps3  at any one time.

This whole situation is stone age!

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 55 (302 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

You should be able to use you stuff on any ps3 as long as you are signed in as you can only have your account singned on with one ps3  at any one time.

Agreed.

I think this has more to do with a rumour that was circulating not too long ago about a 'Certain Large Developer' coming over to the PS3/PSN after certain considerations were accounted for.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 55 (297 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

This ^

I believe the XBox 360 runs this way, though im not too sure.
It just gets me how making 2 seperate activation limits would surely require 2 seperate deactivations, to ensure you can use all of your purchases on the 5 PS3's, but then just the 2 PS3's could be mixed and matched or whatever

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 55 (296 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Danlisa wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

Agreed.

I think this has more to do with a rumour that was circulating not too long ago about a 'Certain Large Developer' coming over to the PS3/PSN after certain considerations were accounted for.

What large developer was this? :smileysurprised:

actually my mistake, i thought this might already be known, wasnt sure if everyone knew or you were just quoting :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 55 (290 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

^^^BINGO!!!

I have supported Sony on many of its stuff in the past few years but this move is simply ridicules, and the straw that's broke the camels back for me, this along with one time codes BS has been enough to push me from consoles back to the PC.

Their loss.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 55 (270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Firefox2000 wrote:

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

^^^BINGO!!!

I have supported Sony on many of its stuff in the past few years but this move is simply ridicules, and the straw that's broke the camels back for me, this along with one time codes BS has been enough to push me from consoles back to the PC.

Their loss.

Don't forget to deactivate your PS3 on the way out then :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 55 (260 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Hardly Sony or the PS3's fault though? DRM is a killer on pretty much all platforms.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 55 (257 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

An e-mail to
Microsoft

I have two PC's and a Laptop, why should I have to buy 3 copies of Windows when you should just let me use one copy of Windows on all my machines, you are so unfair I am going to cry

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 55 (230 Views)
0 Kudos