Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Any way of possibly to get rid of the epilepsy warning?

LeeRoye, for your information I have cassette game consoles too, but this is just useless since I don't suffer from epilepsy or need a computer to tell me to be aware.

Stop trying to be a smartass.
Next-Gen Console Picks: Nintendo Wii U & Sony PS4!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 43 (441 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I worry what these people would be like if they actually had to face a real problem in life, what is the world coming to?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 43 (438 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

ytevo79 wrote:

Stupidity, it just gets the better of some people :Shame:

I guess we better keep the warnings so, stupid people do stupid things without them.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 43 (421 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I'm not bothered about a warning being in place to make people aware, but the PS3 one bothers me as it's universally placed onto the start-up screen rather than it being featured in games & films. I don't see how the menu could cos problems to epileptics unless they buy a dazzling theme or flashing wallpaper which I doubt. 

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 43 (418 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

PlayerUMD wrote:
LeeRoye, for your information I have cassette game consoles too, but this is just useless since I don't suffer from epilepsy or need a computer to tell me to be aware.

Whatever mate, the warning is on for 5 seconds, during which time the OS is loading anyway. I cant see the problem, if its all you have to moan about then you must lead a very privelidged life. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 43 (396 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

LeeRoye wrote:

PlayerUMD wrote:

Whatever mate, the warning is on for 5 seconds, during which time the OS is loading anyway. I cant see the problem, if its all you have to moan about then you must lead a very privelidged life. 

or have no life at all :smileytongue:

I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 43 (381 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

LeeRoye wrote:

I cant help but laugh at the things people moan about these days. The warnings on screen for what, 5 seconds max. You can tell these people were not around in the days of loading games from cassettes :smileywink:

I may be too late to do justice to your faulty assumptions, but feel I should point out that you should never laugh at others and especially not after you make such sweeping and incorrect judgements. Be a nicer person, accept that some people wish for a better world, a new hope, a land where we are all truly free equal and loved...... :Peace:

I owned a Commodore 64, I do not remember with any fondness the 45min plus loading times of cassettes, but being able to remember these things does not solely give one the right to 'complain', nor does it mean one shouldn't find room for improvement in things that have surpassed what was.

and Warren_Jeeves you may find your own life richer, fuller, maybe even happier, if you just learn to accept that whatever peoples state of being, or situations in life, they will always seek ways to improve that which surrounds them. It seems to be in our human nature and for the most part we probably wouldn't be writing this here on this web forum if this were not so. You could also benefit from the advice I so lovingly passed to LeeRoye above.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 43 (353 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I wonder whether they'll place the warning in DVD or BD players on start up. Why have they decided to input the warning solely on the PS3. Epileptic warnings should be mentioned when buying from the store and should be mentioned on anything where flashing images occur. This 'Universally Placed' warning can be mis-leading if the warning is not used as it was designed to do. 

"It's like sticking an eplileptic warning on the front door of my house".

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 43 (345 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Kogia_breviceps wrote:

, accept that some people wish for a better world, a new hope, a land where we are all truly free equal and loved...... :Peace:

Indeed, the removal of the epilepsy warning will go a long way towards that as well I'm sure

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 43 (331 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

PlayerUMD wrote:

Every time I boot up my PS3 this stupid warning comes up.

Not so stupid if you happen to have epilepsy.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 43 (319 Views)
0 Kudos