PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

24 May 2012
By: Logicintuwisdom Member 459 Posts
Level 2

Are you happy with the custromer service you're getting from Sony with regards to your PS3?

[ Edited ]
54 Replies 341 Views edited 24-05-2012

I chose to purchase the PS3 over the XBOX, because of the Blue Ray player; but above all, because it was supposed to have a BROWSER!

The parts that work on it connected to my CRT TV are fine - the Blue Ray Player works ok, but the PS3 doesn't work 100%, not because it has a fault (well as far as I know it doesn't have a fault - it's difficult to tell, because of Sony's anathema for providing comprehensive advisory/error messages, especially when the PS3 crashes), but because apparently it has secret limitations you only find out about once you've reached them - not whilst you're getting to them!

When trying to find out about these covert limitations, I then became exposed to the indifferent and smug customer services both on the phone & online, which I found perplexing because Sony is a Japanese company & I normally associate this race with thoroughness - what have been your experiences please?

Have you experienced their concept of SUPPORT which they seem to think means just FEEDBACK, not SOLUTIONS?!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 55 (341 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Are you happy with the custromer service you're getting from Sony with regards to your PS3?

The only time I ever phoned them I spoke to a girl who was very pleasant & helpful. Like any customer service experience it can be good or bad depending on several factors. I.E. The employee's knowledge of the product/fault/query. Their professionalism when dealing with different types of customers. I.E. Happy, irate

I speak with experience as it is what I do for a living. Customers themselves should be aware of their attitude when calling as a negative, angry caller wont get the advice they are seeking unless they are lucky enough to conect to an advisor who has a lot of patience and experience.

In most cases a negative experience a caller has of calling a customer service helpline is down to the callers attitude itself. Something to bear in mind the next time you call Sony :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 55 (331 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Are you happy with the custromer service you're getting from Sony with regards to your PS3?

(cont)

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 55 (320 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

PatC_PSN wrote:

(cont)

Quote function.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 55 (314 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

anomolousblob wrote:
The only time I ever phoned them I spoke etc.,
Yes, well if you're not getting very far, because you're speaking to someone with a 'sing-song' voice and especially someone who wants to SUMMISE the answer because they're too damned lazy to get off their arses to find out the CORRECT answer you tend to end up VERY NEGATIVE - VERY QUICKLY!
One of the companies I worked for in the past, I remember that old adage being printed on a notice on their office wall.
'It takes sometimes weeks to get a customer, but only seconds to lose one'.
 I did find it interesting when you said "unless they are lucky enough to conect to an advisor who has a lot of patience and experience."
Should you be lucky then to get through to someone who is in that type of role with those attributes. I don't think so - to satisfy a demanding customer should be the benchmark you aim for when training someone in customer service - that is if you want the best form of advertising i.e. word-of-mouth to prevail.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 55 (307 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

The old adage that 'the customer is always right' is cuddley customer service claptrap.

The reality is that most retail customers are rude, ignorant, knuckle-dragging slimeballs who expect to get the best products and service for next to nothing.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 55 (301 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

It's not a computer :smileyindifferent: It's like people buying the PS Vita for the browser too. IT'S A GAMING/ENTERTAINMENT DEVICE! It's not going to have a brilliant browser. Go buy a cheap netbook laptop for your basic needs for about £150.

I dunno about you OP, but I bought my PS3 to play games on it. Am I on my own?
Не верь, не бойся, не проси

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 55 (294 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

because they're too damned lazy to get off their arses to find out the CORRECT answer

You clearly have no concept of how telephone customer relations work. If you did you would know that a telephone advisor is forbidden to leave a call and walk away. To find your answer or not.

You come across as someone who will never be happy no matter how much effort someone puts in for you. Anything I've read from you has been critical or complaining in nature. From now on I shall refer to you as Mr Meldrew :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 55 (291 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

It's Blu-Ray, not Blue Ray.

For somebody who is critical of others mistakes, you sure make some pretty big smeg ups of your own.

TonightWeRide2.jpg

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/people_of_the_honey

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 55 (271 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Oh my giddy Aunt!

Did he really call it Blue Ray????

The shame of it...........
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 55 (266 Views)
0 Kudos