30 Sep 2009
Playstation Staff

Banned from PSN for no reason

13 Replies 1,587 Views Created 30-09-2009

Some of you may recall a few days ago I left a thread using my login issueskidus complaining that I had been banned from the PSN for no reason at all.

Well I complained to Sony, left threads and made several phone calls.  So far I have heard nothing back from Sony nor received an apology or reason why I was mistaking banned.

Well there is slightly good news.  Looks like Sony HAVE admitted fault because I am now able to log in again 2 days early which could only have happened if Sony had decided that they banned me for no reason.  Still, this won't stop me from writing to the head office because there is no way I should have this "suspension" remain on my account profile when I have done nothing wrong.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14 (1,587 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Banned from PSN for no reason

are you definitely sure you were banned?,i vaguely remember there have been problems in the past when people have tried to log in and it says they are banned...maybe that happened to you
FF14:ARR-Mancunian Metal

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14 (1,579 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Yes, they emailed me with information like "LBP offensive image" and I rang them up and they said the same.  Turns out I don't have a PS3 Eye nor could they explain what they meant by "offensive image" or what the image was.  I also couldn't log into the forum or go online with my PS3.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14 (1,557 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but you don't pay for the service so you have no actual rights, if Sony did ban you for no reason well thats up to them access to their online service is not a right, in effect you are a guest and if they don't want you using their service thats their right. If I walked into your house and you asked me to leave, would you expect to have to explain yourself to me?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PS3 / 60gb & a PS3 / 320gb HDD - Keyboard & Official Mic - Samsung HDTV 720p - 5.1 Surround sound

GAMES = EYEPET - UNCHARTED 2 - MUA 2 - BATMAN AA - FAT PRINCESS - PUNISHER - RED BARON - FFVII - inFAMOUS - ZEN PINBALL - RAGDOLL KUNG-FU - KILLZONE 2 - FLOWER - HV BOWLING - HIGH STAKES POKER - MOTORSTORM-PR - RESTISTANCE 2 - MK vs DCU - LBP - MOTORSTORM - RFOM - F1 - HEAVENLY SWORD - UNCHARTED - LAIR - WARHAWK - EVERYBODY'S GOLF - VIKING BATTLE FOR ASGARD - ASSASSIN'S CREED - GRAN TURISMO - RATCHET & CLANK - GTA 4 - CIVILISATION REVOLUTION - BUZZ - BURNOUT PARADISE - THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT - SOUL CALIBUR 4 - MGS4_____LBP level - Destination Hollow Earth - Give it a try! Most wanted = Uncharted 2
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14 (1,538 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ok, first off that is total rubbish and you know it.

I paid for a PS3 and part of that payment is for the use of the "free" PSN service.

Secondly, if the police come round to your house and arrest you for no reason are you telling me you wouldn't be annoyed?  I was banned for no reason and with no explanation and I'm guessing most people will find that totally unfair.  I was accused of doing something I had no way of actually doing and obviously it turns out I was 100% correct because I appealed against my ban and Sony have now lifted that ban early, because they know I am right and can't actually tell me why I was banned.

Finally, I'm glad you have this view because hopefully you will be banned for doing nothing and you should be fairly happy with that.  And now you might say "well I never abuse the PSN or give them any reason to ban me".  Well the same goes for me, I have done absolutely nothing wrong and I have proved that so why should I be banned?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14 (1,525 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

"good for you"

keep going at them, until you get your explanation.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14 (1,499 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

yeah saying the PSN is free when we have all paid 300 quid + for a PS3 is nonsense. its like saying you get tyres free with your car!! its part of what we paid for!!

if i had been banned for no reason i would be seriously annoyed!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14 (1,473 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

issueskid wrote:

I paid for a PS3 and part of that payment is for the use of the "free" PSN service.

Secondly, if the police come round to your house and arrest you for no reason are you telling me you wouldn't be annoyed?  I was banned for no reason and with no explanation and I'm guessing most people will find that totally unfair.  I was accused of doing something I had no way of actually doing and obviously it turns out I was 100% correct because I appealed against my ban and Sony have now lifted that ban early, because they know I am right and can't actually tell me why I was banned.

Finally, I'm glad you have this view because hopefully you will be banned for doing nothing and you should be fairly happy with that.  And now you might say "well I never abuse the PSN or give them any reason to ban me".  Well the same goes for me, I have done absolutely nothing wrong and I have proved that so why should I be banned?

Well said. If you have done nothing wrong, them you at least deserve an explanation for the inconvenience.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14 (1,472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Well that is rubbish as its a well known fact that Sony lose money on PS3 consoles, and please tell me you are not likening this to being arrested? 

As for me getting banned from the network, if it happens it happens, but I won't cry about it, I have a life I'll just do something else.In short you do not pay a subscription fee, the service is free, you have no rights, live with it or buy a 360 and pay £40 a year.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PS3 / 60gb & a PS3 / 320gb HDD - Keyboard & Official Mic - Samsung HDTV 720p - 5.1 Surround sound

GAMES = EYEPET - UNCHARTED 2 - MUA 2 - BATMAN AA - FAT PRINCESS - PUNISHER - RED BARON - FFVII - inFAMOUS - ZEN PINBALL - RAGDOLL KUNG-FU - KILLZONE 2 - FLOWER - HV BOWLING - HIGH STAKES POKER - MOTORSTORM-PR - RESTISTANCE 2 - MK vs DCU - LBP - MOTORSTORM - RFOM - F1 - HEAVENLY SWORD - UNCHARTED - LAIR - WARHAWK - EVERYBODY'S GOLF - VIKING BATTLE FOR ASGARD - ASSASSIN'S CREED - GRAN TURISMO - RATCHET & CLANK - GTA 4 - CIVILISATION REVOLUTION - BUZZ - BURNOUT PARADISE - THE EYE OF JUDGEMENT - SOUL CALIBUR 4 - MGS4_____LBP level - Destination Hollow Earth - Give it a try! Most wanted = Uncharted 2
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14 (1,468 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

wendalboy wrote:

yeah saying the PSN is free when we have all paid 300 quid + for a PS3 is nonsense. its like saying you get tyres free with your car!! its part of what we paid for!!

if i had been banned for no reason i would be seriously annoyed!!!

The fact the psn is free is irrelevant whether you paid £300 or £30.

If you have a 360 even after buying your system you still have to pay to play online.

The  £300 you for your ps3 doesn't factor psn network into the cost that cost is passed on to the developers that is how they can provide a free service.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14 (1,448 Views)
0 Kudos