Level 6

Battlefiled 1943 - expires 10th june.

5 Replies 207 Views Created 04-06-2012
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Battlefiled 1943 - expires 10th june.

I don't know if I should like EA or not! they seem like horrible people a lot of the time, and then they do stuff like this. :smileyfrustrated:

On a seprate note if anyone has a spare code because of this, could they hook me up?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (187 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

DiamondRabbit wrote:

I don't know if I should like EA or not! they seem like horrible people a lot of the time, and then they do stuff like this. :smileyfrustrated:

On a seprate note if anyone has a spare code because of this, could they hook me up?

The game itself isn't expiring it's just the opportunity to claim a free copy for BF3 owners. 

I suppose they have to set a deadline sometime after all it's been available to redeem for over 6 months.

Longer than the welcome back package so EA haven't done much wrong.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (181 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

DiamondRabbit wrote:

Horrible people? What are they stalking you or something?

Personally they have never done anything to me like touched me or anything. They make great games, I play great games..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

ytevo79 wrote:

DiamondRabbit wrote:

Horrible people? What are they stalking you or something?

Personally they have never done anything to me like touched me or anything. They make great games, I play great games..

I'm going to set aside a few other examples and just stick to BF3. BF3 came with a online pass. The reasoning behind this is to stop used games from being sold, or at lest make money on those sales. Their justification is that the pass buys you a place on their servers. This makes no sense as when a game is sold the seller can no longer access the server and the buyer just fills in the lost space. Recently they have set the game up so that players can rent servers. Relating to more current events at their E3 press conference they made a public dig at Activition and COD for their Call of Duty Elite service, just to announce their own version of it less than a year later. I can't find there remark (might have imagined that) but it was related to this.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (164 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

[ Edited ]

It doesn't make them 'horrible' people though. They're just a business trying to survive and make money. What they offer is all extra and at no point do you have to pay anything more then the price of the game new to play it online and enjoy it. I cant see anything wrong with that.

DiamondRabbit wrote: 

Their justification is that the pass buys you a place on their servers. This makes no sense as when a game is sold the seller can no longer access the server and the buyer just fills in the lost space. 

That's incorrect if I'm reading it right. If person A buys the game new, sells it on to person B. Person A still has the code activated on their account for if they ever by the game back again. Person B has to buy a new code but person A still has the right to it on their account form the initial purchase.

Its only the second hand buyer that has to pay for the pleasure of online and rightly so.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (156 Views)
0 Kudos