12 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

Best Gaming Moment

18 Replies 539 Views Created 12-06-2012

What is your favourite gaming moment or scene?. Mine would have to be the opening cinematic to Onimusha 3, that was amazing. Another moment for me would definetly be in Metal Gear Solid 4 with Raiden fighting Vamp. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19 (539 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Best Gaming Moment

So many to choose from, a few spring to mind!

1. Opening scene from FFVIII springs to mind (Choon!).

2. The paragon conclusion of all the Genophage related missions in Mass Effect 3 (SPOILER ALERT ........Mordin...:smileysad:.......]

3. The EPIC goal I scored online in Fifa 12 last week :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19 (516 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/69344 - Please sign

To PlayStation... Semper Fidelis
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19 (509 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

My memory is quite shocking as I know I have had quite a lot of great gaming moments but I can't remember what they were lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19 (503 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

The only thing that comes to mind are epic moments on Battlefield 3.

Take last night for instant, I was all on my own (as I sometimes like to play) running to an objective while everyone was fighting at the opposite end of the map, when all of a sudden the grass starts blowing all around me and I see an Apache looking silhouette on the ground. I look up, and its a renagadefunk6 who I haven't played with for a while hovering at head hight and come to pick me up.

We didn't last long though and was soon blown out of the sky buy another helicopter gun ship :smileyhappy:

But to me things like that cowering in a building trying to regain some health while a tank has just blown a hole in the wall and exposed you. Flying around on a quad bike into someone's C4 or into the line of fire of a tank and not winning. Dogfighting in jet planes. Or just running around playinglone wolf all have there moments.

Battlefield 3 has been my most epic experience this gen.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19 (477 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The mystery quacker that me and my mates once encountered on Uncharted 2 online.

We were playing on the train wreck level and all of a sudden sombody just went " QQQUUUUAAAACCCKKKK"

But it actually sounfd like a duck, a duck that was dying lol!

Accusations flew around as to who was behind it but nobody owned up, cracked us up for ages though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19 (472 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

My brother once asked me to have a look at his Tv because it was not working properly, i agreed to help only to find he had my Sega megadrive set up in his room with a copy Street fighter 2 Championship edition in it just for me, he paid £60 quid for it, thie feeling i got was one of pure joy so i imediately repaid his kindness by Dragon punching him on the game, to which he replied " did he just say Paul Newman" oh how we laughed.

R.I.P Rob, thanks for the memories.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19 (466 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I'd have to say for me it was the final scene of Bonfire Of The Vanities when Ezio jumps in to kill the preist who was being burned at the stake as a mercy killing. It wasn't so much the death but his speech afterwards that really makes the scene emotional. 

I loved it simpely because he says that during his journey he has seen so much death and the place where the priest was being burned was the same place his father and brothers was hanged years before, starting his quest. It shows how he has matured from a young 16 year old bent on revenge to a mature adult seeking justice while giving death the respect it deserve. He tells the crowd not to become engulfed by revenge even when great evils are cast upon them. 

Not many games leave a mark on me but that certianly did.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19 (446 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Got to be in Final Fantasy X when Tidus finds out that Yuna will die if she uses the final summon to kill Sin. So emotional but one of those cutscenes you never forget :smileysad: amazing game. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19 (433 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Best gaming moments, wow...I could name so many!

However, these are some moments that stand out quite significantly from the others:

• God of War III – Some of the ways that Kratos dispatches his Godly foes in GOWIII are brutal and gruesomely awesome, particularly the way he deals with Hercules and Poseidon. My jaw dropped whilst watching these particular scenes and I don’t think I will forget those gaming moments in a hurry!

•  Uncharted 3 – The cut-scenes and gameplay where Nate is stranded on the desert after the plane crash are some of the best I’ve seen in a game. Emotional and tense, for me it was a really powerful gaming moment. Nate has got to be one of my favourite ever characters.

• Mass Effect 3 – The opening cinematics and gameplay where the Reapers arrive in Vancouver to begin their attack I found really quite emotional. It cues the continuation of Shepard’s battle to vanquish the Reapers and signals the start of an incredible game. In fact, the whole Mass Effect series has some of the best cinematic scenes I’ve ever seen.

• Dead Space 1 & 2. Playing those two games with a light off and the volume turned up high in my opinion is the way Dead Space should be played. There were countless moments in both games where I was walking down a dark corridor...with a broken light flickering some way down in front of me, and something disgusting would jump out and literally scare me to death, so much so that sometimes it was enough to make me  turn the game off and have a break! Brilliant gaming experience.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19 (402 Views)
0 Kudos