PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

14 Jan 2011
By: eludlow Member 6 Posts
Level 1

Best steering wheel and pedals

5 Replies 1119 Views Created 14-01-2011

Loving GT5 and have decided a wheel and pedals will enhance.

Criteria is:

- decent build quality

- wireless (not ESSENTIAL but would be nice)

- force feedback

- not SILLY expensive.

Opinions welcome, thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (1,119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Best steering wheel and pedals

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (1,101 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

anything from logitech tbh, obviously there is the Logitech GT which is designed for gran turismo itself
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (1,072 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

eludlow wrote:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9004179/Trail/searchtext%3ELOGITECH.htm

this looks to be the current leader..

I decided to get a wheel a few weeks back (after years of saying they're not worth it) and plumped for this one ... it's the best value for money wheel out there IMO and it's been designed specifically for GT5 so you can't go wrong.

Decent build quality, good price, 900 degrees wheel rotation and great force feedback. It's not wireless, which is a bummer (quite a few wires), and on GT5 the car seems to swerve either side on a straight (not sure why) and you have to fight to keep it on the road but other than that I'd say it's worth a buy. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (1,071 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I assume a G27 is classed as silly money?

I bought mine for F1 and GT5 and it has behaved impeccably.

It is expensive but it oozes quality.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (1,061 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Betreff: Best steering wheel and pedals

[ Edited ]

eludlow wrote:

Loving GT5 and have decided a wheel and pedals will enhance.

Criteria is:

- decent build quality

Logitech DFGT / G2x

Fanatech GT2 / GT3 / Carrera

Thrustmaster T500RS

- wireless (not ESSENTIAL but would be nice)

Fanatech GT2

- force feedback

Logitech DFGT / G2x

Fanatech GT2 / GT3 / Carrera

Thrustmaster T500RS

- not SILLY expensive.

Logitech DFGT (~100.00€)

Logitech G27 (~250.00€)

Fanatech GT2 (~250.00€) w/o Shifter w/o Pedals*

Fanatech GT3 (~180.00€) w/o Shifter w/o Pedals

Fanatech Carrera (~160.00€) w/o Shifter w/o Pedals

Thrustmaster T500RS (~446.00€) w/o Shifter, but with Pedals

Opinions welcome, thanks!

Opinions?!

I think the Thrustmaster T500RS is obscenely expensive,  and that PD and SCE have in short gimped the above competition to give that wheel a hells breath of a chance. I mean +450.00€ for a Peripheral that as of the time of writing ONLY WORKS IN GT5! is in a word unacceptable.

Contray to S0NYs belief I do NOT excrete Cash Money!

The Fanatech GT2 is AFAIK the only Wireless Wheel, but given that you still need a Lead to feed Power to the Wheel, then even the GT2 isn't really wireless either, but you wouldn't need to use an USB Cable though. Of all the Manufactures the Fanatech is probably the best Price=/=Performance wise given that the GT2 IS THE ONLY WHEEL THAT WORKS ON THE PC/PS3 & XBOX360.

Granted you have to get the Clubsport Pedals and the Shifter extra but again this is the case of getting what your willing to pay for.

The Logitech G27, just happens to be the Wheel that I currently own, and unlike the Thrustmaster and the Fanatech you get both the Pedals and your Shifter with your purchase and as such can save quite abit of Cash with this Wheel over the other Two Options.

The last Wheel the Driving Force GT (or DFGT), uses a similar Force Feedback as the G2x, and it has a Sequential Shifter, but AFAIK Logitech are ceasing production of the DFGT, cause I suspect they lost the GT License to Thrustmaster, and either do not, or can not continue to make them.

As such finding a new DFGT is reportedly getting harder to find.

I will not bother to mention the G25, as this Wheel really is out of production, and for me a matter of non-existence. But, perhaps you might find a deal on FleeBay. Personally though if it ain't new I don't want it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (1,050 Views)
0 Kudos