09 Aug 2007
Playstation Staff

Buying off eBay?

12 Replies 234 Views Created 09-08-2007
Dose anyone have any experience wih buying a PS3 off eBay?

Would it be a good idea?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Buying off eBay?

Dose anyone have any experience wih buying a PS3 off eBay?

Would it be a good idea?
I have parchased games from ebay never a console though. It ultimately depends who you buy from as to whether its a good idea or not.

Join me in EVE Online by signing up for an exclusive 21-day trial. Click here to get started
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13 (234 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

personally I dont buy anything expensive on ebay. I only use it for small items. However if you do want to buy a PS3 you need to check a few things,

feedback of seller
how long they have been registered
returns policy
Factory sealed?
Copy of invoice
Photograph of ps3 with item number on piece of paper
UK seller
What kind of items have they sold before

Sony is very good though for replacing faulty PS3's quickly.

The horror stories I have heard put me off for life spending anymore than £50 on Ebay.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Aye,

I've head lots of bad stuff about eBay too, although my mate got an Xbox 360 and 3 games for £150 on it.

Guess I'll just have to wait 'til I have enough for the HMV deal then :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13 (234 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

The horror stories I have heard put me off for life spending anymore than £50 on Ebay. please give examples :smileyvery-happy: I wouldn't buy a console from eBay either though mate :Thumbs:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

if u do buy a ps3 off ebay, 2 things make sure they have near enough 100% feedback and make sure they havent just registered

PSN: FrankieADZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I've bought loads off ebay including a £2000 LCD TV without problems. You just need to be careful.

I tend to use experienced sellers who have stores setup.

Check they have good feedback as close to 100% positive as possible.

Check the return policy

Check the postage charges policy

Check that VAT is included in the sale price

Use paypal for your payment and set it up to use a credit card.. This way you have cover if it all goes pete tong.

As long as you follow the above you have as much cover as buying from any where else on the internet.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13 (234 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I've bought loads off ebay including a £2000 LCD TV without problems. You just need to be careful.

I tend to use experienced sellers who have stores setup.

Check they have good feedback as close to 100% positive as possible.

Check the return policy

Check the postage charges policy

Check that VAT is included in the sale price

Use paypal for your payment and set it up to use a credit card.. This way you have cover if it all goes pete tong.

As long as you follow the above you have as much cover as buying from any where else on the internet.

yep, its all about common sense, and protecting yourself with some of the tips people have listed.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13 (234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Buying anything off ebay is just common sense. If a deal looks too good to be true it usually is.

I have bought and sold loads of stuff on Ebay, some of it for hundreds of pounds.

99.99% of buyers and sellers are honest people just buying and selling stuff. However as with everything else the lazy press in this country sensationalise everything so one dodgy deal on ebay and everone knows about it.

Scammers are normally easy to spot and the Ebay staff do a good job of removing the auction before anyone gets conned. if you were buying a console the best thing to do is

make sure you are buying from a UK seller with good feedback, it doesn't have to be in the hundreds but check they have sold things before and delivered the goods as they said they would.

Make sure the picture of the product is the thing you are buying and not just a pic taken from google.

Make sure the spelling and grammer are good on the listing - a lot of scammers are from Africa and they can't speak English proper (like wot I can)

If you are still in doubt, see if the seller will allow you to pick the console up in person and pay cash. This way you are sure to recieve the goods before you hand anything over.

There are some good deals on Ebay at the moment so it's a good way to get a bargain.
This week I ave been mostly playing

Gran Tourismo 5 Prologue

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13 (234 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have personaly bought my first 360 from ebay when it was first realsed but like many other members have said you gotta look for right information like stated in an earlier post. Peace
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13 (234 Views)
0 Kudos