30 May 2012
Playstation Staff

COD4 W@W MW2

11 Replies 328 Views Created 30-05-2012
Does anybody know if the servers have been switched off or anything? I know i will get COD haters saying hopefully n that but seriously? Tried playing MW2 and the game goes straight back to XMB. However it works if im signed out. COD4 goes further than MW2 as it goes to the online, then goes to the XMB. W@W just doesnt work at all now if im signed in. Strange as i was on it a week or 2 ago. MW3 works as does Black Ops. Also tested a few other games from FIFA12 etc. to the older games such as NFS Carbon and they all work fine so i have no reason to believe it is my PS3 on its way out. Finally i have reset my router etc and i still have the same problem. If anybody knows anything could you please shed some light as to what it might be. Thanks
Follow MarcPatterson89 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: COD4 W@W MW2

All servers are still on always with a lot of people still on playing
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12 (327 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I thought it would be daft to switch them off, still dont understand why this is happening though, like all my games, the disks are perfect. Strange really
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12 (323 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

They don't use servers they use p2p so unless someone is hosting a game you got no chance.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12 (305 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I cant even get that far into the game(s) i get 5-10 seconds in and then it decides it cant bo bothered and quits straight to the XMB
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (302 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Running any torrent software on any of your computers? 

It's the main cause for the COD back to XMB error they use the same networking ports.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Im not, dont do that s***. other tennant might be like. Thanks for the advice. Will have a check on it
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (273 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

pattynufc wrote:
Im not, dont do that s***. other tennant might be like. Thanks for the advice. Will have a check on it

It's a common fix that's appeared recently in the tech boards. 

Worth checking like you say that no others on your network are running torrent software.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

sorry but if anyone says it has something to do with torrent software making a console game kick out to xmb must be wrong, that would only lag you out of a game and return you to the games multiplayer menu not the xmb.

there is a fix but i cant think of it, the temp one is to start it up signed out if your connection is wired, if its wireless you must turn the router off
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (261 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Have left the ps3 to cool down for a while now and i still cant get on these games. Dunno ***** is going on with them like
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (236 Views)
0 Kudos