Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Can someone please explain to me how to sync my ps3 with my laptop? (Im retar*ed)

Did you try what Sircoynie suggested?

If you cant get it working try that TVersity (sorry might not of spelt right), I found it was rubbish to be honest.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22 (18,921 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Can someone please explain to me how to sync my ps3 with my laptop? (Im retar*ed)

[ Edited ]

Alifax wrote:

Worst_Enemy wrote:

thewoe wrote:
yeah cause i wanna transfer files or if not possible stream movies or music.... i tryed loading un the Windows media center on vista and using the syncing option but it says no devices found, is there something i have to click on ps3?

You got the latest Windows Media Player? Got the media server option turned on?

To do this go to options -> library -> configure sharing, and then turn it on. (Thats in Windows Media player).

Then on your PS3, search for a media server.

tried that, and nothing shows up on my media sharing box (where it should come up with unknow device), does it have something to setting up in my network sharing option, and if so, where and how do i do that (on xp)

Have you allowed your PS3 to connect to the media server on your PC?

If not on your PS3 (whilst also having windows media player open and on the the media sharing box) go into network settings>media server connection>enable.

You should then see it appear on your PC??

Message Edited by Sircoynie on 18-07-2008 01:21 AM
If you're an engineer like me?join the IET at www.theiet.org

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22 (18,895 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

yep tried that, and still device comes up, i use zonealarm firewall if thats a help to anyone.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22 (18,890 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Alifax wrote:

yep tried that, and still device comes up, i use zonealarm firewall if thats a help to anyone.

Try turning zonealarm of just for now and then see if you can connect?

Tell us what happens...If we have more issues we might have to go into regedit and restart some system spools...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22 (18,885 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

THis link might help?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22 (18,882 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

tried that walk through before, and still couldn't get it to work
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22 (18,874 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Hmm maybe your PC is stopping universal plug and play?

on your PC...

click Strat>Run>type "regedit" and click ok,

Then look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\UPnP Device Host..

And see if its enabled? and started?

I'm off to bed now i'll be back on tomoz if you still need the help...

Message Edited by Sircoynie on 18-07-2008 01:48 AM

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22 (18,868 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Sircoynie wrote:

Hmm maybe your PC is stopping universal plug and play?

on your PC...

click Strat>Run>type "regedit" and click ok,

Then look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\UPnP Device Host..

And see if its enabled? and started?

I'm off to bed now i'll be back on tomoz if you still need the help...

when i get to that point, it doesn't have the option to change anything :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22 (18,860 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i have windows7 and it uses 128-bit encryption on my file sharing connections...go to- control panel-net work and internet-network and sharing center-advanced sharing and settings--scroll down to public and open... scroll down to file sharing connections and change it to enable file sharing for devices that use 40-56bit encryption......i went to my music on ps3 scrolled down to my pc icon and it opened up and am now coppying my music over

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22 (10,502 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

at same time i went to media streaming options...where it says show devices on:its on local

i have 2 devices listed...media programs*******and owner pc....i went to owner pc were it says customize and i changed it from default settings to make all meadia available to this device...not sure if 1 or both of these did the trick cuz i changed them at same time

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22 (10,494 Views)
0 Kudos