PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

25 May 2010
By: commander3 Member 5418 Posts
Level 1

Connecting a Sony Ericsson (Xperia X10) to PS3

22 Replies 12205 Views Created 25-05-2010

Hello, sorry if this has been asked before, or is in the wrong section.. 

Does anyone know if the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 will connect to a PS3 via USB? I am looking at buying one and seeing as I use my PS3 for all my media would want to be able to transfer photos, music and video from the PS3 onto the phone (or vice versa I guess). 

Any replies appreciated, Dave. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (12,205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Re: Connecting a Sony Ericsson (Xperia X10) to PS3

I've got an Xperia X1. I don't know how different the X10 is from the X1 with the USB compatibility to PS3, but it doesn't seem to be able to find the phone by USB for my X1. I just take the memory card out, use an adapter and upload that way (I bought a stand for my Slim that includes a memory card reader).

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (12,201 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

commander3 wrote:

Hello, sorry if this has been asked before, or is in the wrong section.. 

Does anyone know if the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 will connect to a PS3 via USB? I am looking at buying one and seeing as I use my PS3 for all my media would want to be able to transfer photos, music and video from the PS3 onto the phone (or vice versa I guess). 

Any replies appreciated, Dave. 

The question is, is there a reason you want the x10?

At heart it is a google android phone with a custom interface over the top but it only has version 1.6 of the android operating system on it.

I would go with the HTC Desire which has version 2.1 and very soon 2.2 and they work with the PS3

Bear in mind that some apps such as the official twitter and sky news ones only work with version 2.1 too

Here are the reviews

X10 8.4/10

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39030107,49305455,00.htm 

Desire 9.2/10

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39030107,49305369,00.htm

I have the HTC Hero and the desire is the next step up.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (12,162 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

My X1 currently looks just like a HTC phone.  There are Xperia developers making the menu systems from others phones and implementing them into the Xperia models. There's an iPhone-esque one out and the HTC one.

Since I prefer the HTC look I have now on my X1 to the old Windows mobile look I'd have to say go with the HTC and have fun with it. One of the best interfaces I've seen for a touch phone.

.Cy

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (12,254 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

i have the desire and i can say that when you put it in disk drive the ps3 recognised it as a usb drive and the phone is bettedr as i work for vodafone and have played with both.

Simples
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (12,239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Hey commander3 

I'm currently using an Xperia X10 and it can connect to the PS3 via USB with no problems. You can copy save files, pictures, videos and music to the phone. Generally most Android OS phones can be used as USB Mass storage devices. 

I hope this helps you out with your query. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (12,228 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Thank you all for the replies.

Also cheers for the advice about the Desire, the only problem is I wanted a Virgin Media tariff but they do not have one for the HTC. One I'll have to consider me thinks. Thanks again! :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (12,166 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Your welcome :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (12,160 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I think I am going to go with the Desire on an O2 contract.

I am assuming it does connect to a PS3? :smileytongue: It's just my music collection is on the PS3 and so I want to be able to transfer it to the phone easily.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (12,133 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

commander3 wrote:

I think I am going to go with the Desire on an O2 contract.

I am assuming it does connect to a PS3? :smileytongue: It's just my music collection is on the PS3 and so I want to be able to transfer it to the phone easily.

Yep, you just plug the supplied cable in to the phone and the PS3 and then a notification will pop up on the phone asking if you want it to charge, enable disk mode (for transferring files) or sync (PC software sync)

Have you got a googlemail account? If so copy all your phone contacts there and the phone will automatically copy them when you go through the setup process!! Does the same with Facebook and Twitter too!!

Oh and there is a free PS3 trophy app too!! If you get stuck with ought just send me a PM.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (12,121 Views)
0 Kudos