PlayStation®3

PS3 General

PS3 General

27 Oct 2009
By: Mullins1991 Member 9 Posts
Level 1

Controller isnt charging, someone please help!

23 Replies 1674 Views Created 27-10-2009
I got a brand new dual shock 3 controller a few months back and when i brought it home the controller wouldnt charge, at all. I would turn my PS3 on plug in the USB and it wouldnt light all 4 controller lights up. BUT however i kno my USB is working good cause it charges my old controller. so i sent it in to be fixed and they said the problem was my battery was dead in my controller. well i sent it in about 2 weeks ago and it was supposed to be fixed, but i just got it a few minutes ago from the box (brand new controller might I add) and it too is not charging at all... i tried plugging it in to my computer, PS3 and it still doesnt charge at all...but my old controller does. Is there anything I am doing wrong? Because i really dont want to send it in... Please and thanks!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (1,674 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: Controller isnt charging, someone please help!

[ Edited ]
tiny reset button in the bottom try that
Message Edited by T-e-X on 28-10-2009 12:07 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (1,669 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

[ Edited ]

have you got another lead to try to charge the controller?

it may be a faulty lead,

or try what TEX mentioned...turn controller over and on underside just to the right off centre is a small reset button press it with pen nib or pin

BTW welcome to the forums enjoy....:Thumbs:

Message Edited by bcfc545 on 27-10-2009 11:14 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (1,667 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I just tried reseting and it didnt work, the usb goes in a little rough it seems, so i will try to charge at my cousins house tomorrow possibly
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (1,633 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Do any lights on it flash on it when you press the PS button on the controller?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (1,633 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

and only the 1 slot light flashes when i turn it on, and all 4 light up when i 1st put the usb cord in and thats only for like 1 second
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (1,631 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Did you pair the new controller with the machine before attempting to charge it?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (1,622 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

explain 'pair'...when i opened it i pluged it into my usb which was connected to my ps3 and turned it on and it said "battery low" 1st thing.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (1,618 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

Mullins1991 wrote:
explain 'pair'...when i opened it i pluged it into my usb which was connected to my ps3 and turned it on and it said "battery low" 1st thing.

Its getting your ps3 controller and ps3 talking to eachother. To pair a controller you plug it in via usb, when lights flash you press the ps button and it should resolve to a controller slot and begin charging if it needs too. Though if you get warned of a low battery then its likely the device is paired.

I would also suggest trying another usb port but if it works with another controller then there is no point.
Message Edited by TheOrion on 27-10-2009 11:23 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (1,603 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I just tried plugging it in to the other USB slot on the PS3 and the same thing, the four lights blink for like a second and then it just stays on that 1 slot light, i can play games and stuff but it isnt charging, its just stuck on almost dying
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (1,595 Views)
0 Kudos