13 Jan 2013
By: Stevo7695 Member 7 Posts
Level 1

Controller will not charge.

4 Replies 389 Views Created 13-01-2013

Hi, all

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that my PS3 controller wasn't charging whilst plugged in to the PS3 via the usb cable. The lights on the controller would flash, when I was trying to connect and would in fact work, despite not charging, Obviously, however the controller ran out of battery and now won't work at all.

My initial thought was that it was the USB cable that was the problem. However, I tested it with my PC and digital camera and they connected without problem. 

Now, I am looking to buy a new controller but I don't want to do so and then have the same problem. So has anybody else had the same problem and if so what did you do? Is it just the controller and will it work fine if I just buy a new one?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (389 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Controller will not charge.

Have you tried charging anything else with it while its in the ps3 mine charges my phone  so you might want to try that if it works then its just the pad not your ps3

twitter @kcwolfuk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (345 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Yes, I've just tried my digital camera and it charged. The PS3 controller just doesn't respond. 

I'm fully willing to purchase a new one, if I have too. I just don't want to buy a new one and have the same problem.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (341 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Sounds to me like its the pad is there anyone who can borrow you a pad to try out before you buy a new one?

sounds like the pad is knackered tho tbh

twitter @kcwolfuk
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (318 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Sometimes the hole on the pad becomes enlarged and the connections do not happen properly. Try connecting and giving the lead a little wiggle first or if there is noticeable movement stick a sliver of card in with it to try and tighten the connection a bit. 

Otherwise.  New pad. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (311 Views)
0 Kudos