Level 3

Re: Could we have a progress report please?

IrishViper1 wrote:

PSN To return on May 9th , Next Monday ,, So Not This Week as we were told by Sony But next week.

According to a Tweet I just read

This tweet from someone inside Sony or is it just some bloke saying that a friend of a mate of a brother said that his uncle heard it was coming back next Monday?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 68 (5,643 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

[ Edited ]

Shaggy2000 wrote:

IrishViper1 wrote:

PSN To return on May 9th , Next Monday ,, So Not This Week as we were told by Sony But next week.

This tweet from someone inside Sony or is it just some bloke saying that a friend of a mate of a brother said that his uncle heard it was coming back next Monday?

It's from a guy from Germany who rang customer support and that is what he was told,now the tweet was not for me and I do not know the person who sent the tweet so I do not know if there is any truth to it.But there maybe some truth in it as it doesn't seem to far fetched.

Maybe a Mod could contact support in Germany to clarify .

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 68 (5,591 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

IrishViper1 wrote:

Shaggy2000 wrote:

IrishViper1 wrote:

It's from a guy from Germany who rang customer support and that is what he was told,now the tweet was not for me and I do not know the person who sent the tweet so I do not know if there is any truth to it.But there maybe some truth in it as it doesn't seem to far fetched.

Maybe a Mod could contact support in Germany to clarify .

I think the only thing we can safely say at the moment is that the PSN will be back up once Sony are happy it is safe to do so, doesnt matter if that takes one more day or a whole month.  Would be worse for Sony to bring it back up only for someone else to hack the servers and cause even more damage.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 68 (5,508 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Hey guys,

I would love to be able to give you new information, and right now there isn't any available.

I'm asking lots of questions but at the moment all I'm being told is that the "last update still stands" eg - Some PlayStation Network services will be restored this week.

The very second I hear anything new, it will be passed on to you. I'm also keeping a note of your feedback throughout this outage, so keep posting it.

Much love,

MB

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 68 (5,443 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Just a little update would be nice though!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 68 (5,402 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Here's an update:

PSN is still down.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 68 (5,331 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

MB, say hello to Ross in the Store for us.

Must be lonley for him sitting in that store all alone, with no one to sell stuff to. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 68 (5,207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Actually I'd agree with the OP that maybe a little more indication of time-scale would be good.

I'm not impatient either, but knowing it isn't imminent would be handy if that is the case - so I don't have to check all the time.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 68 (5,086 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

TheMethod wrote:

I'm not impatient either, but knowing it isn't imminent would be handy if that is the case - so I don't have to check all the time.

You know it cannot be imminent because at the very least your PS3 will ask you to update the firmware to force a password change at the first login.

Until news starts spreading about a firmware update being served, you can be SURE there is no imminent return of the PSN.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 68 (5,055 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

I'd love to give you that Method, and I'm constantly reminding the business to give more frequent updates.

Right now, nothing has changed so there's no update. I'll keep trying.

MB

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 68 (4,896 Views)
0 Kudos