15 Aug 2012
Playstation Staff

Counter strike GO

17 Replies 502 Views Created 15-08-2012

Who getting it on PS3? i played the beta last night on pc and i must say im not that impressed!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18 (502 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Counter strike GO

[ Edited ]
Why? Cos there are no killstreaks? CS is a pure fps, just like COD used to be before MW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18 (484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

sid77 wrote:
Why? Cos there are no killstreaks? CS is a pure fps, just like COD used to be before MW.

Sounds like my type of game if no kill streaks.

Does it have perks? If not it is even more my type of game.

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18 (481 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

No perks, no killstreaks, no deathstreaks and just a pure old school shooter with 1 life if you play the proper game and not the respawn one they are adding. You earn money in the game which can be used to buy better weapons in the next round and if you don't perform well then you end up getting basic stuff. There's going to be a lot of people who buy this then complain about it because it's not like COD.

I played this a lot on the PC before getting my PS3.

If you want to go back to basics then this is the game for you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18 (461 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

CrustyJockStrap wrote:

sid77 wrote:

Sounds like my type of game if no kill streaks.

Does it have perks? If not it is even more my type of game.

Basically the game premise is 2 teams terrorist & counter terrorist.

Game modes consist of

Bomb maps which terrorists try to plant a bomb & CT trying to defuse but rounds can be won by eliminating the opposing team 1st.

Hostage maps in which CT have rescue hostages.

Then theres what is effectively the gun game where you start with lowest ranked weapon & as you get kills you progress up to the next weapon & so on till you get all the weapons then start again.

That is Counter strike in a nut shell.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18 (453 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

It's great to see that they are remaking all the old maps like Dust and Office etc. There will be 8 original maps and 8 new ones.

This is quite possibly the best FPS ever made.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18 (449 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Wrathchild68 wrote:

It's great to see that they are remaking all the old maps like Dust and Office etc. There will be 8 original maps and 8 new ones.

This is quite possibly the best FPS ever made.

I played nothing but CSs for about 8yrs up until i bought a ps3.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18 (439 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

if they can recreate the original would be cool. Are people patient enough to wait for the next round when they die nowadays though?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18 (426 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Im looking forward to it.

I have played a little of CS: Source on the PC and what I have played of it I have enjoyed. The only reason I didn not play it more as I found the whole server thing a little off putting and the fact that me and PC gaming dont mix very well lol.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18 (396 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

If its in beta then isn't it sill under NDA? And isn't it out anytime soon anyhow?

I'll be getting it. I've only ever played it once before on my laptop (RIP :smileysad:) so a console version is a Brucie :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18 (383 Views)
0 Kudos