Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Crysis 2 MultiPlayer Demo

Never played the original Crysis so why anyone would expect me to skip the original and jump straight into a sequel I don't know?

It's like watching Saw 2 and totally ignoring the first film. ''who's he? what's his name?'' etc.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20 (576 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

He revealed to Steinman that the footage shown, i.e the dynamic lighting, explosions, environments were generated on the PS3, and not on a PC like most of us would presume.

Furthermore, after seeing the footage in front of him, Steinman concluded that the game looked better than ‘almost’ anything he had ever seen on a PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4DOtCxSJvg&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvQNhVwEOyI&feature=related

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20 (569 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

BAZ1307 wrote:
You know, I once thought Crytek were great devs, but now I'd say they're part of the scum of the gaming industry along with Activision.

Because they put a demo on only the Xbox? I'll admit it wasn't a smart move but it hardly makes them "scum."

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20 (549 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Aren't demos up to Sony as well? It takes 2 to Tango no?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20 (541 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

James91 wrote:

BAZ1307 wrote:
You know, I once thought Crytek were great devs, but now I'd say they're part of the scum of the gaming industry along with Activision.

Because they put a demo on only the Xbox? I'll admit it wasn't a smart move but it hardly makes them "scum."

Fair enough, maybe I went over the top by calling them scum. I'm just annoyed that they, Microsoft, or possibly even EA have chose to release the demo on the 360 only.

To be fair, it should be the PC that gets the exclusive Demo since they're the ones who made Crysis as popular as it is today. Wasn't the 360 version supposed to be graphically the worst version of the bunch? I just don't understand why the Demo is exclusive to one platform in the first place TBH. I thought the reason for a demo was to pursuade people to buy the game, well doing what they've done is only making me decide to do the exact opposite.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20 (506 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

BAZ1307 wrote:

James91 wrote:

BAZ1307 wrote:

Fair enough, maybe I went over the top by calling them scum. I'm just annoyed that they, Microsoft, or possibly even EA have chose to release the demo on the 360 only.

To be fair, it should be the PC that gets the exclusive Demo since they're the ones who made Crysis as popular as it is today. Wasn't the 360 version supposed to be graphically the worst version of the bunch? I just don't understand why the Demo is exclusive to one platform in the first place TBH. I thought the reason for a demo was to pursuade people to buy the game, well doing what they've done is only making me decide to do the exact opposite.

If the demo is anything like what they had on at Eurogamer, then you're really not missing much :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20 (490 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

I'd say it's a Microsoft backed decision as yeah I agree Crytek should have it on PC [the demo] as PC gamers made them what they are, and EA love the PS3 so my only guess is MS did some fiddling to get it onto 360.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20 (489 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

The PS3 has had exclusive MP demos too. Weren't BFBC2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood PS3 only?

If I'm right it's swings and roundabouts really.

PS - Yeah I know they were called betas. They were MP demos with a posh name.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20 (486 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Soo no Mp demo for ps3 players?

How about upcomming betas for ps+

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20 (470 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I think plus users are getting Socom 4 (:smileymad:) soon. Don't know about Crysis 2, it's possible at some point I guess.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20 (466 Views)
0 Kudos