Reply
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Deactivating PS3's remotely


Shinigami-Kun wrote:

trubadman wrote:

 


No you don't. You just change it from 'On' to 'Off' without a password verification.

If one of your PS3's break, you can easily deactivate it from a PC because you can't deactivate it otherwise since the PS3 won't start.


Exactly, so it's a bit of a flawed system.

 

I'm sure you cant (i know Sony can, but they won't unless you've used up all 5 downloads), if you can though do you have a link??

 


Even if you've used all 5 downloads, they won't reset it. *****, said it was my responsibilty to deactivate it before it breaks, yeah thats really my fault, am i supposed to anticipate it breaking now.


Has this been said to you?? or are you being sarcastic?

 

 If the latter is true then i received different info, one guy told me that he'd restore my 5th download when i got my new ps3 (as my first's hdd got messed up.)  When i rang back, another guy told me come back when you've used all 5 downloads and we'll sort it out.  I did stil argue my point, that it's dumb - i basically said what you said, about deactivating it if i'd knew it was going to breakdown, and the fact that my 'rights to 5 downloads' shouldn't be affected by a console breaking down of its own accord.

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 34 (10,926 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Deactivating PS3's remotely

[ Edited ]

trubadman wrote:

Shinigami-Kun wrote:

trubadman wrote:

 


No you don't. You just change it from 'On' to 'Off' without a password verification.

If one of your PS3's break, you can easily deactivate it from a PC because you can't deactivate it otherwise since the PS3 won't start.


Exactly, so it's a bit of a flawed system.

 

I'm sure you cant (i know Sony can, but they won't unless you've used up all 5 downloads), if you can though do you have a link??

 


Even if you've used all 5 downloads, they won't reset it. *****, said it was my responsibilty to deactivate it before it breaks, yeah thats really my fault, am i supposed to anticipate it breaking now.


Has this been said to you?? or are you being sarcastic?

 

 If the latter is true then i received different info, one guy told me that he'd restore my 5th download when i got my new ps3 (as my first's hdd got messed up.)  When i rang back, another guy told me come back when you've used all 5 downloads and we'll sort it out.  I did stil argue my point, that it's dumb - i basically said what you said, about deactivating it if i'd knew it was going to breakdown, and the fact that my 'rights to 5 downloads' shouldn't be affected by a console breaking down of its own accord.


Why would i be sarcastic.

 

Of course this was said to me..how long ago was that guy's story. Sony may have changed their policy, but I phoned them last month to get all my PS3's deactivated, and they came out and said it's my *****ing responsibilty...And Im like have you checked your records, have you seen the broken PS3 refurb requests, how the ***** can I deactivate a console that wont turn on. I may try calling again if im bothered but yeah, it will be really *****ing annoying to people who will have their PS3 4 more times.

Message Edited by Shinigami-Kun on 24-03-2009 11:48 AM
___________________________________________________________________

Photobucket



Xray-8 Forums

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 34 (10,925 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Deactivating PS3's remotely

Shinigami-Kun

Sorry about the 'sarcasm' comments, you must be really unlucky to be be on your 5th console.  According to what the second guy i phoned told me, in your case they'd only do something when you got onto a 6th PS3 and were actually unable to download the games you bought.

 

TBH, they could make this so easy for everyone, for allowing us to do it online and not just on the PS3.

 

The deactivation feature on the PS3 is very useful, but for most people it will become useful when their PS3 has become useless.   And a as result you could say the feature; no matter how good it is is also useless if you can't use it when you most need to.  Sorry i turned that it into a bit of rap.:Wink:

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 34 (10,913 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 2
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Deactivating PS3's remotely

Oh no im not im my fith console, but I just have a few PS3's. Two of which are from family members, I can still DL my games, but I just want to be sure in the unlikely event that all consoles break down lol.
___________________________________________________________________

Photobucket



Xray-8 Forums

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 34 (10,898 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Deactivating PS3's remotely

Or you could just ring Sony and get them to do it like i did.


Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 34 (10,910 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Deactivating PS3's remotely


Shinigami-Kun wrote:
Oh no im not im my fith console, but I just have a few PS3's. Two of which are from family members, I can still DL my games, but I just want to be sure in the unlikely event that all consoles break down lol.

Yeah, me too, but they said to me anoter reason for the 5 downloads thing is so that if your ps3 breaks down, and you get a new one you don't need to ring them up, you just use another download.

 

 


 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 34 (10,892 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Deactivating PS3's remotely

[ Edited ]

Relenless wrote:
Or you could just ring Sony and get them to do it like i did.
I have a feeling this has something to do with who you speak to, some say no some say ok and some say they don't know (they check with the manager and then say no.)
Message Edited by trubadman on 24-03-2009 12:21 PM
Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 34 (10,885 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Deactivating PS3's remotely

well i had to tell them what to do, if they dont know just tell them to put you through to the networking team as they dont know wat they are doing.


Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 34 (10,877 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Level 3
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Deactivating PS3's remotely


Relenless wrote:
well i had to tell them what to do, if they dont know just tell them to put you through to the networking team as they dont know wat they are doing.

Thanks for the advice, although i probably won't bother calling for the moment as i am on my 2nd PS3.

BTW what did the networking team actually do?

 

did they take your mac address and deactivate your othe PS3, also how long did it take?

 

Thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 34 (10,790 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos
Member
 
Playstation Staff

Re: Deactivating PS3's remotely

I called today, and the guy that answered did it for me. He said that you can only do it once, and if i needed it again to make a new psn account. So thanks to sony. 

Please use plain text.
Reply
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 34 (5,356 Views)
Reply
0 Kudos